Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Excellence Badge (Silver)

Bit of a nub question.

When it says "8 kills with Northern Strike Vehicle" does this mean only the Goliath and the Snow Speeder or any vehicle but that it has to be on an NS map ?

I can't say for sure but I think it does. I think it should say "8 Kills with a Northern Strike exclusive vehicle"

Comment

It's actually kills with the NS vehicles like the goliath and the speeder (walker doesn't count I don't think..)

Comment

So pretty much take the speeder and wait 'til you get owned by walkers while trying to run guys over, or take the Goliath and get all your kills stolen by the 4 other people in it.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
          So pretty much take the speeder and wait 'til you get owned by walkers while trying to run guys over,
          I find that speeder way too easy to kill. One well place Pilum round in the engine and BLAMO! Great fun to drive though.

or take the Goliath and get all your kills stolen by the 4 other people in it.
          Argh, that drive me nuts. You fire on the dudes for ages with those lame machine guns and then just as you are about to kill them one of the other guns gets a hit in and all you get a kill assist. Gonna make it hard to get by Goliath Ribbon at that rate.

Comment

I got that badge today on Liberation of Leipzig using the PAC speeder.

The problem with the main (driver) guns of the speeder is that it's very difficult to hit something unless they are standing still. However the secondary gun (turret) is very effective against soft targets (troops).

Usually a good tactic is to jump in to a speeder with a teammate/squad mate and let him drive it while you use the turret. If that's not an option then get a speeder and park it somewhere in the greater vicinity of a spawn point. As enemy units try to convert the spawn, switch from the driver to the turret position and shoot (on an arc) towards the flag (the turret gun has quite a range). Your projectiles don't have to hit the enemy directly - just make sure that they land near them and the splash damage will do the rest.

Like other people mentioned before, speeders can't handle a lot of damage especially from vehicles like Walkers and Goliaths. However, they are the fastest vehicles on the battlefield, something that makes them ideal for hit and run operations. That's why it's important to have an escape route when you try to do the tactic above.

Take some time to drive around the map you are going to play in order to familiarize yourself with the different routes in the battlefield. It will help you decide where to make a stand and where to make a run for it.

Hope this helps - good luck!

nice sig btw

Comment

btw.
              only use the guns at position 1,2,5 the rest are worthless.

Comment

So pretty much take the speeder and wait 'til you get owned by walkers while trying to run guys over, or take the Goliath and get all your kills stolen by the 4 other people in it.

Good luck!
                In the Hachi, it's all about the driver. With a good driver you should be able to rack up the kills, especially on Port Bavaria and Remagen. If he holds still at all, you're done. Even for TV shots, he should line you up with a shot and then move around a corner for cover while you are reloading, only popping back out for you to get your next shot.

Comment

Yes, as said, jump on a NS vehicle and have fun.
                  Maybe it's a little easier on the Goli, i've got mine yesterday. So even for me, it wasn't that complicated.
                  Jump on a Goli and a HAchi and get fun!.
                  In the Hachi case take care of getting a nice driver, and work as a team. You will own quite a bit.

Comment

When you're driving a goliath, be sure to always use the roller mine launcher (right click) you'll get more kills with the roller mine than you will with the shotgun mount. If there are no enemy vehicles near you, just place the roller mines on the floor next to you where ever you go, it's a sure way to get a kill or 2.

Comment

The hachimoto is fun to drive and it's better to shoot enemies down with the turret but there are advantages and disadvantages about the turret.

Advantages: The effect of your turret shooting is better than the drivers.
                      It doesn't matter if you don't hit the enemy cause as long as the damage is very near you have no problem.

Disadvantages: If you're on the turret it's much easier for the enemy with his machine gun or a very good sniper to shoot you down than the driver.
                      If the hachimoto passes near a single movement mine it won't be destroyed but if you're on the turret you'll get hit by it and you'll DIE!

Comment

i got my bronze and silver in the same round (dont ask how), but i used hachimoto in the gunner position to take out troops and walkers. the only problem is i got sniped and killed by mines alot...

Comment

Do both the NS badges with the hachi like i did. Wait till the the EU get the west dock, usually undefended lol. Then they all spawn there. Of course one of your side grabs their walker when it spawns and keeps them inside for you.

Get in your hachi and drive it into the dock smashing it around like crazy. If your the gunner or the driver you should end up getting a few kills. Die, respawn and do it again. I got 14 road kills and both gold badges doing it in one round.

Comment

Nice, will have to remember that one, for some reason i seem to have a hard time getting road kills, which make getting those reqs for badges and pins suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BluebaronX
                              Nice, will have to remember that one, for some reason i seem to have a hard time getting road kills, which make getting those reqs for badges and pins suck.
                              It took few rounds and lots of deaths for me to get that Gold "roadkill" badge.

Just go to full NS server and take the speeder and drive that thing all over the battlefield. When you see lot of enemies in one spot(with UAV for example) hit the boost and drive straight middle of them... You should be able to leave atleast few enemies like this:

Comment

Working...
                              X