What makes the Zeller more popular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the Zeller more popular?

Can anybody tell me why the zeller is more popular than the "default" sniper riffles? I have been killed by the zeller more than the park and morreti combined.

It's louder and has 2 less shots than the other ones, so i don't get it. Even i use it once and a while and i don't know why i preffer it over the stock ones.......

Because people have to spend a unluck point to get it so they use so it doesn't feel like a waste.

Comment

I'm guessing player ignorance and/or placebo effect.

As well as being much louder, I believe it also gives off a tracer and a large flash around your player when fired, which the default ones don't do. Can anyone confirm this? Do the normal sniper rifles leave a tracer behind bullets and have a large muzzle flash? (Not something you can test by yourself really, unless you use BattleRecorder.)

I think the actual accuracy difference is negligible, and most good snipers go for head shots so the additional damage is also negligible. The only real advantage is the ability to take out traps, which can be very useful.

Comment

I use it for a few reasons. One being that if I use it, the enemy sometimes doesn't have any idea on whether it's a friendly sniper or enemy sniper, as it's an unlock. Two being that it deals more damage, and is easier when it comes to picking of weak targets.

Three being the fact that I'm better with it than the Default Sniper rifles for some reason.

Comment

To me, the Zellar tends to regain its accuracy faster than the stocks.

As in, when I walk, then stop to look through the scope, the Zellar will regain its 100% accuracy faster than the stocks.

And, I am sure its a "No revive" if you headshot with it.

Comment

It blows up RDX and APM mines to.

So if you need to clear a path for your team mates to run through you can support them a bit.

You can also 1 shot a player in light armour.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
              Can anybody tell me why the zeller is more popular than the "default" sniper riffles?
              Raw, unmitigated stupidity.

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post

And, I am sure its a "No revive" if you headshot with it.
              Not true.

Comment

I've heard that it's a OHK against light armor, but its base damage is 90 and torso shot on light armor is 100% of normal damage. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, the Zeller has a sort of tracer effect. You can see the path of the bullet glows blue for a moment if you're close. And it's loud as nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post
                  I've heard that it's a OHK against light armor, but its base damage is 90 and torso shot on light armor is 100% of normal damage. Is there something I'm missing?
                  The torso is not a single hitbox. The Zeller has a special kind of round which does additional damage to the upper shoulder hitbox of light armor - causing it to very often do 100 damage instead of the default 90.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post

Also, the Zeller has a sort of tracer effect. You can see the path of the bullet glows blue for a moment if you're close. And it's loud as nothing else.
                    Gotta hit the "Sweet spot"

Comment

I thought ppl used it because it was better at long range.

Comment

People like it because it's an unlock, they think it'll be uber leet because it has a silencer and is more powerful, then they realize it's not all that.

OT a bit here, if light is 100&#37; normal damage, what is heavy? 90%?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeduz View Post
                          Gotta hit the "Sweet spot"
                          Oh, you mean the head?

I think that body armor reduces damage to torso to 70&#37; normal damage, but I have nothing to back that up. Also, the Zeller seems to do about 79 damage to armored torso (having been reduced to 21 more times than I can count), which is more than 70% of 90, so maybe it's not the same reduction across the board.

Comment

I use the Zeller for 2 reasons

1) It's the only sniper in the 2142 pro mod.

2)It's bullet is heavier, yet slower. I've got the lead down on the Zeller so 1 outta 4 times I can get a running HS (Running perpindicular to me).

I would use stocks tho' if the pro mod had it.

Comment

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst View Post
                              I use the Zeller for 2 reasons

1) It's the only sniper in the 2142 pro mod.

2)It's bullet is heavier, yet slower. I've got the lead down on the Zeller so 1 outta 4 times I can get a running HS (Running perpindicular to me).

I would use stocks tho' if the pro mod had it.
                              WTF!
                              pro doesn't have default snipers? anyone who is good with the sniper uses the default.

Comment

Working...
                              X