"Neutral" vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Neutral" vehicles

You know how you can tell an enemy's coming when a little jeep icon suddenly pops up on your minimap? And how sitting in the Stingers in BF2 was suicide because the gray AA icon would disappear?

How about the gray icon only appeared when a friendly got out of his vehicle and for ones that spawn on your outposts/silos? And the would disappear when an enemy got into it. If an enemy got into it, it would be considered "thiers" then. So if an enemy got out of a car, you wouldn't see a icon pop up on the map, and sitting in your team's AA wouldn't have been suicide in BF2.

Makes sense to me.

Comment

But then we couldnt be called hax0rs with wall hacks because we saw the vehicle leave then appear somehwhere else.

I never understood the full view thing either.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Pretty good idea i say.

Comment

Definitely a good idea. Nothing worse than driving an FAV to the enemy Titan base to take out the cannons, only to have 2 or 3 of the cannons turn in your direction because they just saw an FAV pop into view.
          It would definitely add an element of stealth to the game.

Comment

Makes sense, and reduces the amount of walker jackings in Cerbere and Gibraltar that can really throw off a game, since the enemy won't know when it's there.

Comment

Or put a delay, lets say, 5 seconds after you get out of the vehicle, it pops up.

Comment

I say keep it the way it is.

That way it gives ground pounders a chance to pay back the walker whore.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                  Makes sense, and reduces the amount of walker jackings in Cerbere and Gibraltar that can really throw off a game, since the enemy won't know when it's there.
                  No..that won't help walker jackings - when the walker first spawns no one has been in it, therefore it is "neutral" and SHOULD show up on both EU and PAC side

I don't see how only showing when friendlies get out will help... if you notice a blue tank changing into a blue dot, isn't that enough to figure out that he got out of the tank?

Comment

Yeah - it's a giveaway although it can be used to your advantage to trick the enemy.

When I break through as PAC on CG I drive the car and leave it at the Dragon's Teeth but then double back and cap Central Camp.

Comment

Eh, the way DICE has gone with this game--literally the entire map lit up with assorted UAVs--I don't see the grey vehicle thing being a very big deal at all.

Comment

You'd think UAVs would be everywhere but I don't find that. I play as support usually and I supply Infantry scanner for the squad and nearby soldiers but if I don't there usually isn't someone else doing it. Near everyone else is Assault on maps like CG, CL, Tunis etc, or Engineer on Minsk, Verdun etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunien View Post
                          No..that won't help walker jackings - when the walker first spawns no one has been in it, therefore it is "neutral" and SHOULD show up on both EU and PAC side

I don't see how only showing when friendlies get out will help... if you notice a blue tank changing into a blue dot, isn't that enough to figure out that he got out of the tank?
                          If you read his post again, you see that he also says that stuff that spawns at a team's control point are "theirs," so if a walker spawns at your main base, the other team wouldn't see it.

And the idea isn't to keep your allies from knowing where your vehicles are, it's to keep the enemy from knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post
                            If you read his post again, you see that he also says that stuff that spawns at a team's control point are "theirs," so if a walker spawns at your main base, the other team wouldn't see it.

And the idea isn't to keep your allies from knowing where your vehicles are, it's to keep the enemy from knowing.
                            Hmm...my bad, I didn't read the post closely. Well, I guess its a good idea, though I'd hate to not know when they bail a vehicle, but thats the point eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                              Definitely a good idea. Nothing worse than driving an FAV to the enemy Titan base to take out the cannons, only to have 2 or 3 of the cannons turn in your direction because they just saw an FAV pop into view.
                              It would definitely add an element of stealth to the game.
                              umm dont get out the fav - hit F3 and take your shots from there - thats what I allways do

Comment

Working...
                              X