Unlock Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock Ideas

Just had a sudden epiphany and came up with these groovy toys.

Introducing the "Mirage" Personal Holographic Decoy System:

Activate this baby and it'll create a holographic copy of yourself in that exact spot. You can then move away, leaving your decoy image behind. Since it's just an image the enemy can shoot at it to no effect, leaving the recon free to make good his escape, set a trap or flank the enemy.

and the "Loki" NetBat Scrambler:

Whilst active this device emits an inverse IFF signal around the user, giving him a friendly netbat signal to enemies at the cost of a hostile signal to his own side. The ultimate in espionage technology, this device is suited to more covert ops as frontline operation is likely to result in being shot by your own side. (note: this would not count as a teamkill.) It is also important to remember that this device does not change your physical appearance. Observant soldiers will still recognise combat fatigues from the opposing force. Duration, recharge time etc would be similar to that of the optical camo and it would also share it's charateristic audio signature.

Of course the natural extension of this would be a grenade that has this effect on everyone within it's radius. That would result in madness obviously, and would be abused to hell and back again. Would be pretty cool though :evil:.

Let me know what you think, almost have enough for a booster pack's worth of unlocks.

sounds good, maybe more time for the net bat tomfoolery gadget to recharge.

Comment

Hmm yes, it definitely needs tweaking. It could even be limited to three 10s charges instead of the reservoir of the camo.

Had another idea along similar lines to the holo decoy: the "prism" camo. Basically when active, this creates 4 decoys around you in a series of preset patterns, though your position in the pattern would be different each time. e.g:

xox or xoxxx x = decoy o = player
      x x

definitely the most useful in a firefight, since the enemy doesn't know which is the real you.

Comment

Clever idea with the NetBat thing...

But I don't usually even use NetBat unless I'm using the Dystek Pulsemeter.

Comment

Bear in mind this isn't to do with those little diamonds. Normally when you aim at an enemy you get a red name appearing above their head. With the scrambler you'd see a blue, friendly name instead. That's a much better IFF than the actual "netbat" which is largely useless I find.

It could also affect the minimap, but that may make the ghost even more redundant.

Comment

I had one pop into my head today, though I think it'd probably be WAY more work than DICE would care to put into it.

An unlock for, I figure, Support, though I think it might also work well with Assault...

An attack dog... pretty much follow the owner around like a drone, only he could "fire" the dog at an enemy infantry and of course the dog would run incredibly fast. I figure the trick would be, the dog would do minimal damage, but the big payoff would be that it severely slows down the target down once he's latched onto them. He'd stay clamped for maybe 5 seconds, then run back to his master, which would more or less be his cool-down time, before he could be told to attack another guy.

While the target is slowed down, they're obviously an easier target, but you'll need to be careful not to drill holes in your dog at the same time (no easy feat for the Support weapons).

Anyhow... pie in the sky, but I like it.

Comment

Cool idea, though it would possibly be limited to runners, since time spent "firing" the dog is time spent not shooting. Could expand the idea and have recon hamsters and dive bombing pigeons for the engineer . The pathfinding and clipping would be a bloody nightmare though.

Wouldn't mind seeing more "low tech" unlocks though. Barbed wire for support or bear traps for recon would be pretty interesting to see in action.

Comment

the hologram thing would be cool if it could mimic you, set the holosol up in a point and you setup in a point where you can see it an enemy comes along you fire at it but your hologram soldier does the same making gunfire sound to distract the enemy it could prove quite fun though youd need to have some kind of refresh flicker every once and a while so its distinguishable otherwise you could end up freaking out when you confront 20 of the things in the titan but only one guy is actually defending

though i would expect the game would become very much like the mirrored room in enter the dragon, which one is the real person to kill

Comment

TL-S1C Camo SuperUpgrade:
                  Renders the user invisible even longer and eliminates their blip on a map when in use.

TK-421 UAV Jammer:
                  Similar to those portable UAVs except they put a jamming signal around you so that anyone within that area will remain undetected by enemy radar and UAV.

RD-5 Advanced Otus / SD-10 Advanced Accipiter:
                  A controllable Otus/Accipiter allows user or squad leader to recon an area before entering. Accipiter has firepower that is equal to an SMG. Drones have short battery life before falling on the ground, requiring the user to pick it up again (assuming it doesn't get destroyed). Great for Titan halls!

SAB-5C Anti-Gravity Boots:
                  Redefining it's predecessor's term of "space boots", the SAB-5C allows the user to jump higher while more exhausting on stamina. (Hold down space to charge up a higher jump. Try Dystopia to see what I mean).

THX-1138 Artillery Beacon:
                  The final squad leader unlock is a small, hand-held beacon to be thrown into the heaviest of firefights. After a 20 second fuse, an orbital strike will devastate the area. Beacon is easily visible and easily destroyed by an EMP or conventional weapons. (I really really like this idea!)

Heavy Cortosis Armour:
                  A player ability unlock. While decreasing total stamina, the experimental armour allows user to withstand more hits before going down.

Wow, writing these unlock ideas really make me wish I had them.

Comment

Unlock - A flexible back.

Lets the user look around corners...

Comment

mash, sounds too useful for dice sweden to implement. most 2142 unlocks go unused, for a reason.
                      Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
                      Unlock - A flexible back.
                      Lets the user look around corners...
                      har har
                      Originally posted by RaBiD_MoOsE View Post
                      TL-S1C Camo SuperUpgrade:
                      Renders the user invisible even longer and eliminates their blip on a map when in use.
                      redundancy = bad we already go enough camo related unlocks, two is too many. plus, stat track is the only thing people should not show up on, and only recon for sure.
                      Originally posted by RaBiD_MoOsE
                      TK-421 UAV Jammer:
                      Similar to those portable UAVs except they put a jamming signal around you so that anyone within that area will remain undetected by enemy radar and UAV.
                      makes sence, sensor jammer in general ya. like mash said.
                      RD-5 Advanced Otus / SD-10 Advanced Accipiter:
                      A controllable Otus/Accipiter allows user or squad leader to recon an area before entering. Accipiter has firepower that is equal to an SMG. Drones have short battery life before falling on the ground, requiring the user to pick it up again (assuming it doesn't get destroyed). Great for Titan halls!
                      how bout this instead, someone said attackdog, i like that. after you deploy it, you can secondary fire at the ground for it to go to that location.
                      SAB-5C Anti-Gravity Boots:
                      Redefining it's predecessor's term of "space boots", the SAB-5C allows the user to jump higher while more exhausting on stamina. (Hold down space to charge up a higher jump. Try Dystopia to see what I mean).
                      id perfer jet pack for assault kit. why? because thats a technology we already have today. seems more like what would be around in 2142.
                      THX-1138 Artillery Beacon:
                      The final squad leader unlock is a small, hand-held beacon to be thrown into the heaviest of firefights. After a 20 second fuse, an orbital strike will devastate the area. Beacon is easily visible and easily destroyed by an EMP or conventional weapons. (I really really like this idea!)
                      its 2142 and you want the squad leader to be throwing a grenade to mark his target? why not a laser designator like what was planned for bf2 originally.
                      Heavy Cortosis Armour:
                      A player ability unlock. While decreasing total stamina, the experimental armour allows user to withstand more hits before going down.
                      hell fing no! i dont wanna play no counterstrike/firearms/tribes/tfc. armour is done very well right now, not TOO effective, and still gives a slight advantage.

Comment

weird i only see vika post once and you kept quoting him lol

anyway some of those ideas are good others are like hmm gravity boots what happens if you lean forward will your feet stay in the air and can you walk on hands?

Comment

thanx for the heads up i fixed it :P

Comment

Homing beacon for the default engineer anti-vehicle rockets. Recon puts it on a vehicle and it makes the AV rockets a fire-and-forget weapon with a high probability of hitting the target vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by 193d DCAT1
                              Homing beacon for the default engineer anti-vehicle rockets. Recon puts it on a vehicle and it makes the AV rockets a fire-and-forget weapon with a high probability of hitting the target vehicle.
                              That, is a great idea, but makes the engie class... a bit too easy, unless you make the projectile very weak, or only one magazine (something along those lines).

Comment

Working...
                              X