Hanging behind the uncap not inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging behind the uncap not inside

One of my favorite things to do is fly around in a Bandit with my Koenig ready to go. Drive around tanks with the boost on and jump out behind them for a quick kill in the back of the tank and make a quick getaway. Is it wrong in your opinion to sit around the uncap (not inside) waiting for them to leave the base and sneak up behind or is that the same as camping?

That is going to be up for interpetation depending on the server you are on and which admins are on at the time. If you are destroying them before they leave the uncap you can expect to be kicked from any servers that don't allow camping uncaps. If you are far enough outside that you don't hit them until they leave, then you are probably okay on most servers.

Comment

Most admins who care about uncap camping draw invisible lines on the map that define what is the uncap. If you are anywhere behind that line lingering you are likely to be kicked on those servers if they are being actively admin'd.

Put another way: I'd kick ya

Comment

Originally posted by HfxGaming
        One of my favorite things to do is fly around in a Bandit with my Koenig ready to go. Drive around tanks with the boost on and jump out behind them for a quick kill in the back of the tank and make a quick getaway. Is it wrong in your opinion to sit around the uncap (not inside) waiting for them to leave the base and sneak up behind or is that the same as camping?
        why jump out of the vehicle?just press F3 and take the shot from thereor do you mean RDX by koenig? Im talking pilum,ps i dont really hang around an uncap;done it in the past though - but wouldnt do it now really

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
          Most admins who care about uncap camping draw invisible lines on the map that define what is the uncap. If you are anywhere behind that line lingering you are likely to be kicked on those servers if they are being actively admin'd.

Put another way: I'd kick ya
          And those lines vary from server to server and sometimes from admin to admin on the same server. To be on the safe side, I would stay a safe distance back.

Comment

This whole uncap thing has got me thinking.

Is it okay to follow a gunship who is headed back to his uncap for repairs and take him out whilst he's hovering over the helipad?

I've had it happen to me numerous times, but when it's the other way around I turn around if he gets to his uncap before I can take him out.

Comment

I believe any vehicle that attempts to use the uncap as safe refuge from the enemy should be free to be attacked. But, I guess that all depends on if the guy in the vehicle is in the clan that the server is for!

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                Is it okay to follow a gunship who is headed back to his uncap for repairs and take him out whilst he's hovering over the helipad?
                In principle is see nothing wrong with it.
                IMHO the uncap is intended as a safe spawn / staging area, NOT as a hideout if you are losing a fight.

But I can see how it may be impossible for the admin to distinguish between this and raping the uncap, unless he spends all his time watching the uncap.

Comment

kicking for uncap attacking is like kicking for rdx bunny hopping or ramming or car bombing. its part of the game, not the server admins job imo, its dice swedens. quit letting dice have a free ride ppl. servers shouldnt have rules. overzelous admin should have no ammo. the only rule should be, if you exploit or cheat, or are an abusive admin; you can be reported and stats reset or some other penalty.

Comment

omg....this thread will burst in flames anytime!

Until then, enjoy the following pics:

Comment

I've had it happen to me numerous times, but when it's the other way around I turn around if he gets to his uncap before I can take him out.
                      We are pretty strict about raping uncaps on our servers. This however, is fair game in my opinion. We also won't kick the guy that comes flying by the uncap to take out the gunship if it is just sitting unoccupied on the pad. However, if that same pilot is just hanging around outside the uncap to take out any armor, infantry, or aircraft, instead of roaming the map, he'll get warned and then kicked. Also if there is a sniper in the uncap hiding out and picking guys off, he is fair game. The uncap is meant to be a place that you can spawn in and then move out of and engage the enemy. It is not meant as a safe have to hide out in.

Comment

Do you stop if someone pulls out a med pack to heal themself? Or do you let the engy repair his walker and get back in before attacking?

I say blow their *** up.

:salute:

Comment

The uncap is meant to be the "safe" place for that team, i hate when people rush into an uncap on Port Bavaria and camp on the roof and kill everybody who tryes to kill them and when EU has all flags they take the flag instantly, i font hate that they take the flag, I hate that they camp up there and kill everyone and steal vehacles from the PAC base:shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by bravespear
                            Do you stop if someone pulls out a med pack to heal themself? Or do you let the engy repair his walker and get back in before attacking?

I say blow their *** up.

:salute:
                            a ****ing men. this is war. no admin should be able to say otherwise imo.

Comment

Originally posted by HEFO
                              The uncap is meant to be the "safe" place for that team,
                              Uncap is not a safe place since BF1942 (5 years has passed) so the "meant" part is obsolete as far as today.

Comment

Working...
                              X