What is vehicle ramming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is vehicle ramming?

I was playing on a server today, working on my air transport ribbon/Badge. Suez Canal, Titan, I noticed a lot of snipers camping on top of high piers/landing pads. So I would take my troop transport, fly over them and cut the engines, and kill them, then take off again, never bailing out, if I missed I would switch to guns and shoot them. Anyways, I did this a fifth time, and got a wheels of hazard pin. But I also killed an admin; the admin kicked me for “vehicle ramming”. I went back in and asked the admin about it, and he told me this was vehicle ramming, “anytime you kill someone with a vehicle it ramming” and then threatened to ban me if I didn’t shut up. The other witnesses that were in my transport that died when I got kicked(they crashed/died no pilot), also told the admin he was full of it as well.

Now here’s my question, is this vehicle ramming or road kills?

Road Kills. You squished that admin, he didn't like it, and sadly had the power to do something about it and made up some weaksauce excuse and called it vehicle ramming to justify it.

Comment

Generally vehicle ramming is considered when your vehicle dies too.

Comment

I call it good flying. Its the same as flying a jet low over a carrier if you are good enough to do it go ahead. Just dont aim it at something and bail, thats just stupid and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Howpathetic View Post
          I was playing on a server today, working on my air transport ribbon/Badge. Suez Canal, Titan, I noticed a lot of snipers camping on top of high piers/landing pads. So I would take my troop transport, fly over them and cut the engines, and kill them, then take off again, never bailing out, if I missed I would switch to guns and shoot them. Anyways, I did this a fifth time, and got a wheels of hazard pin. But I also killed an admin; the admin kicked me for “vehicle ramming”. I went back in and asked the admin about it, and he told me this was vehicle ramming, “anytime you kill someone with a vehicle it ramming” and then threatened to ban me if I didn’t shut up. The other witnesses that were in my transport that died when I got kicked(they crashed/died no pilot), also told the admin he was full of it as well.

Now here’s my question, is this vehicle ramming or road kills?
          oooooh I think I might have been on that server aswell the admin kicked me for backing you up:shakehead:

Comment

Vehicle ramming is vehicle on vehicle, and both vehicles usually die.

What you did was kill some noobs who don't understand what a good sniping spot is. That's called pro and should be used often.

Comment

Originally posted by HfxGaming View Post
              I call it good flying. Its the same as flying a jet low over a carrier if you are good enough to do it go ahead. Just dont aim it at something and bail, thats just stupid and annoying.

I soo agree!

Originally posted by ICE*T View Post
              oooooh I think I might have been on that server aswell the admin kicked me for backing you up:shakehead:
              Was it this server by chance, this is where it happened.

Comment

Ramming is when you hit armour with your transport killing them and you. you were just landing on people.

Comment

You must have really pissed of the admin, lol! good for you. They should have spawned in with the AA or the Plum after like the second time.

Comment

Ramming sux0rs.

Comment

That's just roadkills.

Ramming is when you intentionally destroy your vehicle by smashing it into a target.
                      Bailing out at the last moment doesn't make it less of a ram.

If you can take someone out and your vehicle survives... well, that's just shlick.

Something amusing that happened to me the other night:
                      I was doing some gunshipping against a less than inspired foe. He kept flying and he was trying really well, but he just didn't have the practice. At one point, I ran outta ammo while trying to take him down for the 3rd time in a row. I'd hurt him really bad, but the bugger got away from the last couple rockets I chucked at him. I couldn't just let him go, tho, so I stayed on his tail. I managed to get position above and very close behind... so I dropped a bit and finished him with my undercarriage.

He started screaming Ram, but the admin had actually seen this all go down and loved it.
                      I got away with out a kick.

Comment

Originally posted by WarGimp View Post
                        That's just roadkills.

Ramming is when you intentionally destroy your vehicle by smashing it into a target.

If you can take someone out and your vehicle survives... well, that's just shlick.

I was doing some gunshipping against a less than inspired foe. He kept flying and he was trying really well, but he just didn't have the practice. At one point, I ran outta ammo while trying to take him down for the 3rd time in a row. I'd hurt him really bad, but the bugger got away from the last couple rockets I chucked at him. I couldn't just let him go, tho, so I stayed on his tail. I managed to get position above and very close behind... so I dropped a bit and finished him with my undercarriage.

He started screaming Ram, but the admin had actually seen this all go down and loved it.
                        Absolutely, sounds like you just had some nice flying going. *squishy*

Comment

what is ramming? its lame, is what it is. and i agree with all of the above ^

its funny watching cows try to ram into me doragon., then they splode'

Comment

Originally posted by WarGimp View Post
                            That's just roadkills.

means if i intentionally hit someone with a vehicle, knowing that i would survive but the other vehicle is destroyed, it won't be ramming? i just want to know because i do it often when i kno i can win

Comment

It will be ramming, what the OP did was roadkilling - using a vehicle to squish the enemy, which is fine XD but using a vehicle to deliberately destory another vehicle is ramming, and it's generally frowned upon

Comment

Working...
                              X