PC Users Getting the Short End of the Modern Warfare 2 Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC Users Getting the Short End of the Modern Warfare 2 Stick

I guess it`s back to mw as iw has pissed off so many pc users atm.
    i hope the game burns and every pc owner boycotts it.

Comment

Suxs to be them atm.
      Also i`v canceled my pre-order.

Now just hope the game fails big time and pc owners don't buy it.
      That will put a hole in there pocket.

Comment

LIONSHIT

IW can lick a lions saggy hairy flea infested nutsack

Comment

Re: LIONSHIT

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          IW can lick a lions saggy hairy flea infested nutsack
          I agree.

Comment

In my head, the main thing to keep in mind is that the news is just breaking. We don't know how this is going to develop or any of the real details.

Here are my notes from the podcast:
            • IW.net allows a matchmaking system to be in place (similar to consoles)
            • IW.net allows for "private" servers to be created by users
            • Private servers are similar to old listen servers (think R6, UO) but with tons more control over options
            • Nobody's clearly stated where the hosting of the private servers lies - user's connection or IW.net's?
            • Not sure what "integration with Steam" means other than you'll be able to buy the game normally (retail store, w/ box & media) or as a digital download via Steam
            • If the integration is ONLY what I just outlined, why note it? You had the same options with COD4 and COD5...
            • IW.net can be changed down the road by Infinity Ward based on feedback
            • We've GOT to be missing some important technical details here because fourzerotwo said that there will still be private "big" games out there
            • The reason we're missing something is because bandwidth needs on a player by player basis haven't gone down in the past 10 years, they've gone up. So, if it's still possible to host big games, perhaps the hosting is off-loaded to IW.net servers somewhere

The only major hiccup would be whether the hosting is done locally by the player creating the private server. If that's the case, then I hope to fuck the netcode is streamlined or it may be tough playing anything larger than a 4v4. Worse comes to worst, we'd be back hosting matches like in the R6/RS/UO days... And we matched the fuck out of those games back in the day w/o dedicated servers.

Comment

This will make cod look good

Comment

Originally posted by Hookplank View Post
                This will make cod look good
                Are you quoting someone else who said "This will make COD3 look good" or are you comparing the game to fish now?

Comment

Get video game news, reviews, and videos for thousands of PC, console, and mobile games at Shacknews.

he straight up lied.

"Shack: By the way, have you changed the way multiplayer games function on the PC at all?

Robert Bowling: PC will be the same as it always was. "

Comment

CoD4 had awesome single and multiplayer.

But seeing as MW2 won't have any sort of recognisable Multiplayer, I'm just going to download it.

Plus, I am from Australia (21mil people).... why do I think they will either give us 2 servers, or like an MMO, host the server in the US and just change the clock time.

Pre-Order cancelled.

Comment

preorder cancelled!

IW, just go to H3LL

im going back on cod2 and cod4

Comment

ya missing the 2 main points and just calling names.. its a 360 port so they're being fucking lazy.. And making us all go through their company to host means all updates/maps will cost us like they do consoles. IW turned lazy.. and greedy? Someone tell me why the FUCK Blizzard isnt getting any stick considering they are the only thing that has changed since the earlier CoDs and these 'changes to the business model' have blizz written all over them..?

Comment

Fucking gay....thats all i can say FUCKING GAY. me and my friends were gunna have a riot with MW-2 now were being screwed over well say goodbye to 12 preorders IWo and if that petitions right then say goodbye to 50,000

Comment

I'm just going to have to see how that is going to work. If it turns out to be awesome, good. If it turns out to be shit, then too bad. SP is three-quarters of the game for me anyway. Whatever happens, my preorder for MW2 stands.

Comment

Canceled my pre-order.

IW needs a solid PC Gamer who understand business to run the show over there. These total jackasses just let go of Millions of dollars to make a point to the PC gaming world that they didn't like the torrents of COD4 that were rampant. I do not condone pirating.

But if you leave a safe open with money lying around, people are going to take the money. It's their fault for not putting the proper security measures in place for the game and for server hosting. You don't try to ram a culture down our throat. I will never play this game on a console. FPS on a console in my opinion is just for kids.

The bottom line is, my clan is all over the US, Canada.. how in the hell do they expect someone in Maryland to host a server locally (This is why only 16 player max) when we have people scattered trying to connect. This is why all our servers are in Chicago, EVERYONE can connect with no lag and no ping.

The generalization that there are All these hacked servers is just not true. They are out there yes and out of the listed 9,000+ servers for COD4, I'll bet there is probably 10% hacked. Fine. learn from it and put measures in place to prevent it, but don't have some console kiddie throwing us to the side. We freaking made you IW and you've kicked us to the curb, the customer. If they don't understand that as a business, no matter how good the game is I will not support it if it is culturally inept. Sorry for the rant but I was shocked to hear of this and we have a 35 member crew, 32 of us have canceled our pre-orders.

IW = Arrogant pricks

Comment

Suck my dick IW, ¿¿what a hell?? If I want to play premade matches by you dummys, I buy an xbox. PC is ruled by the comunity and it will never be the same if you try to set the servers

PEOPLE DONT BUY THIS CRAP!!! If I want to play random servers I go to xbox live and kill noobs from there

IW is a bunch of assholes who doesnt want to please PC gamers. The only thing we want is ours dadicated servers and of course better graphics for PC, not the crap from the consoles

CoD 4 MW is a great game, what happened to you guys??

I'll stick to the CoD 4 untill you do something better, not a crap wth no dadicated servers

Comment

Working...
                                X