Titan Corridor Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tips for attacking

-attack console 1 first (the port/left side of the titan). Reason being that soldiers are right handed, its much harder to lob a grenade at the defenders that are camping inside corridor 1. You have to expose more of yourself to get the grenade in without it bouncing off the corner and onto your feet

-use right mouse to prime the grenade. As long as you hold down the right mouse, the grenade stays in your hand, ready to be thrown (release right mouse to throw(duh)). If done right, you can quickly pop around the corner and throw it without them hitting you.

-not really a tip on attacking, but practice throwing grenades down the corridor by yourself in single player lan game. Helps you get the feel for where you need to aim and practice the timing of the throw.

-vents and corridors tend to be booby trapped. If you ever attacked the titan before, you should know where the favourite hiding places for those traps are, hence save me pointing them out. While defuser and MMBs work, i find the most quick and efficient way of removing them is use RDX. Drop at least two just to be certain. Zeller can be used to remove explosives from range, and MMBs work well at removing them from range AND not in direct line-of-sight.

-consoles 3 and 4 can be destroyed without needing to go into the corridor. Just make sure you have someone as support and use grenades. Teammates to cover you from the opposite console corridor entrance is helpful too

-enemies tend to pod to the back of their own titan to attack you from behind. While this normally demands too much teamwork to be expected on public games, it pays to have someone watch your back while you worry about attacking the defenders.

-don't crowd up. It just begging for someone to throw a grenade or shoot rockets at you all... or tempt fate for a teammate fumble with their grenade throw...

-you need friendlies to stay up in the elevated catwalk area to protect the assaulting squad from attacks from unexpected places. As a defender, I like to come out of corridors that no one expect me to come out (usually the ones where the console in that corridor is already destroyed), and piff grenades either over the large boxes in the middle of the cargo area or up the ramps to where im guessing they are crowding around the entrance. Enemy vanguards are usually too busy watching the vents to be watching the cargo area and i get countless easy grenade kills from it.

-try to back up your teammates when charging in, not too closely tho. His death will be in vain if you don't get in there and stop that troublesome recon from putting down another RDX boobytrap...

-sentry guns are quite troublesome obstacles to get past, but they are stupid and can be distracted by targets they are trying to shoot at through walls. EMP grenades won't stop them firing, but it will stop them tracking targets momentarily. You really need to charge in and get past their targetting cone before they hurt you too much. But their owners are usually near by so it might be best to thin out the defenders before charging in.

-In reality, using explosives to blow holes into walls to make your own way in instead of going down obvious entrances or corridors is a perfectly legitimate thing for armed forces to do. But in 2142 i think that borders on glitching the titan to use RDX to kill things through titan walls. But I also use it as my own personal revenge against those skilless frat boys that have their drunken party inside the long corridors, throwing exploding beercans at the door.

-if you manage to get access to the core, grenade, pk rocket spam the sh#t out of the coreroom before thinking of getting inside. Watch out for enemies that attack from corridors 3 and 4. Zeller snipers on the catwalks can take a shot at defenders and get rid of explosives in direct line of sight, while engineers can MMB the ones hiding around corners.

-Im not totally certain of this, but PK rocket explosions can harm the core. So if a whole squad camp the catwalks and just spam them in at a preset range to make them explode close to the core, it can bring it down pretty quickly. If not, then at least it will provide some decent supression to anyone that think they are smart enough to pitch up a tent inside.

Comment

I def like that idea about camping out on top of the AA gun. Usually when I see that their shield is about 2 missiles away from going down I will spawn as recon wherever there is an FAV and take a long flanking route to get to their home base. Once there just jack their APC, move it just so it is hidden behind some cover from the titan guns, and wait for it to go down. As soon as it's down you are on the titan and can usually get consoles 1 and 2 gone before the defenders get their **** in gear. Best of all once up their you can throw a squad beacon, and if your squad/team is paying attention it's pretty easy to overwhelm their titan before they know what is going on. I have played a ton of games where its taken all of about 2 minutes from the time the shields went down to the time the core was destroyed using this technique. Only downside is it really is only a benefit if you get their titan shield down first, even if only by a few seconds. It always seems as soon as my own teams shields go down that everyone is so afraid to leave our titan they are perfectly content to have 32 guys defending all 4 corridors so no attacker can enter while the other team caps all 5 silos and we die a slow, painful, totally avoidable death.

Comment

"Rather than camp out in the core if the aforementioned consoles are all blown, I tend to camp out in the hallway for console 3-4. Most enemies run right to the core, focusing all their grenades/ AR rockets on the core room before they get there. While they are focused on that, shoot them in the side."---exactly the reason why i put apms in 3, 4 when i'm attacking

Comment

Originally posted by Bluman
          I knew that RDX had a big big splash damage, but never knew through titan walls, I'll have to test that one out lol!
          In one match I had an attacker kill me repeatedly with RDX while I was manning / repairing titan guns. I don't know where exactly he put the RDX, but since the spawn area is protected by shields all around and not accessable by attackers he must have put it somewhere close outside, probably on the roof. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Tetris L
            In one match I had an attacker kill me repeatedly with RDX while I was manning / repairing titan guns. I don't know where exactly he put the RDX, but since the spawn area is protected by shields all around and not accessable by attackers he must have put it somewhere close outside, probably on the roof. :dead:
            It was probably a FF off server? RDX fest:shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by mafia_boy View Post
              I dont know if anyone knows this but you can kill anyone defending the 1-2 corridors by following the line of the wall outside the corridor up the ramp and place RDX along the wall-line and blow it, this has happened to me and it killed everyone defending @ that time in the 1 corridor. The splash damage from the RDX blast seems to hit you with devastating effect, the 1st time the enemy did this i lost over half my health, then the 2nd i was dead!! It was on a FF off server too! dont know if thats why it happens??
              Recently, While defending console 3 with a lot of stuffs (support guy/sentry + recon/APM/RDX + me in assault kit...) our console was blown up (and all of us killed :dead without any bad guys that has breached our defense. We have died by RDX. So I think that if a recon puts all his RDX on the ceiling of corridor 1, just under the console 3 (or something like that), the splash damage can do the job. I must test this, and if it works like 50% of the time, it's like a big glitch for the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanicus
                Recently, While defending console 3 with a lot of stuffs (support guy/sentry + recon/APM/RDX + me in assault kit...) our console was blown up (and all of us killed :dead without any bad guys that has breached our defense. We have died by RDX. So I think that if a recon puts all his RDX on the ceiling of corridor 1, just under the console 3 (or something like that), the splash damage can do the job. I must test this, and if it works like 50% of the time, it's like a big glitch for the game...
                I agree, i have witnessed this and it was really annoying:shakehead: as we were defending the num 1 corridor brilliantly. it sucks big time:dead:

Comment

Originally posted by PHATHEAD009 View Post
                  I agree that the titan was kind of poorly designed in that its insanely easy to defend with just a handful of guys.
                  Easy to defend = good design

NOT poorly designed.

That's like saying fort knox was poorly designed coz I can't waltz in and steal me some shiny stuff

I'd have also put an AA turrent (same as the ones on the ground) on the platform between the vents.

It's too easy to squeeze a drop ship onto the back of the titan without straying into the path of the AA guns.

AA guns are not a problem anyway. Boost up there as Engineer take em out then place motion mines on top of the hanger force sheild.

The swift titan attack is an option against teams that are not organised enough to defend. It's a handicap for the defending team as it is if their sheild goes down first. They have to move some resource to defense and still try and cap off some silo's.

Comment

It might be an excellent design if the titan was made to be totally inpenetratable, but in terms of game balance, maybe they should add an achillies heel so attacking the titan core isn't impossible. Cool as it maybe to defend against endless waves and still hold fast, like the Spartans vs. Persians, I'd hate to be on the persian team.

Also I didn't know it was possible for the enemy to harm the soldiers in the titan gun control area, cos if it was, I would certainly like to repay them with the same amount of misery they cause to my team on the ground. with interest.

Comment

I know this isn't really relevant, but despite how it may seem, no titan defense is unbreakable. I've played alot of competition titan, and you rarely see a titan defense hold consoles 1 & 2 the entire game. When it does happen, it's usually because the attacking team decided to go silos or because their own titan was being attacked hard.

The thing about attacking titan hallways tho, is that it takes real teamwork, and more than a little knowledge of the "tricks of the trade". Alot also depends on how their doing it. Are they nade spamming, rdx/mining, or just in support with a sentry. My guys have a lot of really clever ways to take down hallway defenses, but it mostly all depends simply on having some one to watch your back and res, while you work on the hallway defense.

Hard to find that in a pub.

Comment

My Attacking and Defending Styles:

Attack-
                        i use recon with zeller(or any other) and get apm and rdx. Note: theres no way to attack someone frag spamming using anything but support. but anyways when i go for the first bottom consoles i usually sit a little bit far away and check out for hidden rdx and apms before i get close to the corridor. then i go over and wait to see if theres any sentry and put some apm behind me to make sure nobody comes up behind me to knife. if there is i prone and side straf and take out the sentry quick then run away because they usually throw a gernade when i do that. then i go back and do the same thing and take out the little heads poking out from the small walls. once i cant see any more people i got a few walls up to look around the corner for anymore guys. then always remember to check for apms behind the small walls as you go through. and once your to the glass wall check for recon guys laying down waiting for you to go around the corner and set off an rdx. if theres one there crouch and throw an rdx around the corner and set it off to destroy any apms and rdx then i either A)run around the corner and knife the guy, B)just use a pistol on the guy or C)place an rdx around the other part of the corner and set if off to kill him
                        do that for both bottom ones then head up to the top ones. throw frags through the hallways in the top 2 consoles until you run out then hurry and go in and snipe everybody while they are still trying to recover from getting away from the frags. then take out the consoles. ok reactor core is open. go to the bottom right side of the titan and lay on top the boxes and take out any enemy you see pop their head out from inside the reactor room. once i get all the ones that come out i go up to the ramp and prone again and look for more just to make sure once i see most are dead i run into the room pistoling people or if they are just now coming into the room i put all my rdx down on the core and crouch behind it and wait for the guys to come into the room and set them off to kill the guys in the room. then i always impervise at this point by taking people's kits and putting down supply boxes behind the glass walls. put an apm at both entrance then just keep getting supplies and blowing them up on the core until they are gone.

Defending-
                        alot more simple than the attack one. i use support and get behind the small wall closest to the door to the hallways and put down a sentry and either a shield or a ids if i got the field upgrade and i use my shotgun on anybody that comes through. and if they start throwing frags i will run up all the way to the entrance and kill them from real close-up. and if i die and it looks like all the lower level consoles are gone ill spawn as recon with zeller, apm, and rdx and use the pod to go to the roof of the titan and use the small holes on the roof to get on the 2nd level. put apms behind each little wall in the small hallway after dropping into the hallway. then i will put an rdx on the ceiling next to the door just incase both apms end up getting destroyed or kill someone. then i just snipe from up there until i run out of ammo and go into the reactor room to get supplies from a teammate or rdx all people that come into my hallway after both apms are gone.(and i go to the reactor room once i run out of rdx also)

Comment

here's how I like to do it--
                          Get recon kit, and go to corridors 1 or 2. Put an APM next to the entrance, along the diagonal wall so it faces out into the middle. This one will cover anyone who walks into the room. Then put the other APM in the corner of the end of the hallway, facing the entrance. This one covers infantry waiting outside the doorway. Finally, place an RDX on the ceiling of the doorway, and then detonate it when you see someone spamming grenades into the room.

Makes it easy to get Explosives Efficiency + Combat Efficiency + Titan Defender badge in one run.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kingpin
                            here's how I like to do it--
                            Get recon kit, and go to corridors 1 or 2. Put an APM next to the entrance, along the diagonal wall so it faces out into the middle. This one will cover anyone who walks into the room. Then put the other APM in the corner of the end of the hallway, facing the entrance. This one covers infantry waiting outside the doorway. Finally, place an RDX on the ceiling of the doorway, and then detonate it when you see someone spamming grenades into the room.

Makes it easy to get Explosives Efficiency + Combat Efficiency + Titan Defender badge in one run.
                            Yes, this one definitely works. Got my Explosives silver and gold in the same round using these tactics.

Comment

Something interesting that may or may not help people.

If you put your beacon on top of an AA turret, it's impossible to destroy.

Comment

That in my opinion is just as bad as glitching inside the walls and cargo crates on the titan. It was never meant for you to place an RDX 'just right" so that it would kill on the other side of the wall.

(That comment was not directed to Crabhart but to the post above mine that has since been removed.)

Comment

Working...
                                X