No announcement yet.

Motion mine kills are a lot harder these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Mines haven't been nerfed, it's just that there's a countermeasure available now. I have to say that I rarely see anyone using baits to get rid of mines, it's more likely to be someone blasting through the minefield in a FAV that clears the way. There's just not that many people who play dedicated engineer and have the equipment. I know I have precisely 1 unlock for the engineer class, yet virtually all the other class unlocks. In a couple of promotions time I will start pumping up the engineer class, but only with the aim of unlocking the devilish Motion Mines for myself.

Comment

Camp G.

Spawn at middle flag

run straight out and lay EMP and MM right in the smoke from the fire.

Sit back and wait for the inevitable FAV trying to cap the back flags

After thats done resupply and more MM by the checkpoint flag and wait for their walker in the rorsche

repeat ad nauseum:salute:

As long as there are eejits the MM will still work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny 10 Bellys View Post
        Motion Mines haven't been nerfed, it's just that there's a countermeasure available now..
        Yes, MMs are exactly the same, the new countermeasure makes MMs less effective. Same net effect as a nerfing.

I have to say that I rarely see anyone using baits to get rid of mines, it's more likely to be someone blasting through the minefield in a FAV that clears the way. ... I know I have precisely 1 unlock for the engineer class, yet virtually all the other class unlocks. In a couple of promotions time I will start pumping up the engineer class, but only with the aim of unlocking the devilish Motion Mines for myself.
        If you played engineer and spent time guarding a position with MMs, Pilum, and SMG, you would see how often MMBs are used - but MMB deployment happens so quick you wouldn't really notice it otherwise.

There's just not that many people who play dedicated engineer and have the equipment.
        All armor whores play dedicated engineer. The armor whores were generally tough to kill anyway, now they are even harder. I know when I am in armor and I see MMs, they don't scare me much anymore; I just pop out toss an MMB and carry on 2 seconds later. I'm guessing you are a conquest player, where there are not as many vehicles and therefore not as many engineers.

I don't really have a solution, I don't know if MMB ranges should be decreased or MM range should be increased, or if everything should be left alone. I used to spend a lot of time defending silos with my MMs, Pilum, SL beacon, and SMG, and could pretty much hold certain silos single-handedly. It is a lot tougher to do that now, so maybe I will start armor-whoring more as that has now gotten easier. I think that is a blow to the team play concept - one less person defending.

Comment

Originally posted by frank_the_tank View Post
          I couldn't agree with you more, EMP mines help a lot. A good trick is to guide them to your Hidden motion mines with the EMP mines. For example I'll put 2 emp mines across the road, One of the sides will look easier to pass through, thats because my mines are hidden there. I remember watching the same guy fall for it 3 times in a row. :laugh: sucker!
          Yeah I love doing that too but sometimes its me waiting on the other side with my pilum.

Comment

Anyone want to play some basketball with me on Camp G? There's a pretty sweet hoop right by toll station. I can hit threes with motion mines like nothing!

Comment

I have to agree about placement being 80% of the effectiveness of MMs. Even before the MM bait, I was never afraid of MMs placed smack in the middle of the road. Or placed right around a CP or silo in plain view.
              It's those people who get creative and place them behind walls, rocks, boxes, or other things that line the pathway into a CP/silo that I fear. You can't see them, and unless you jump out immediately when you hear the lock-on sound, you're dead. And if you do jump out right away, who knows what other trap is waiting for you.

Comment

Motion mines can be also used as a decoy. As long as some driver sees it he'll attempt to reverse back, well after that you can think of something to blow that vehicle up

Comment

i just put my mines out of view and with an emp mine in the middle of the roads. slows down the car and then my mines come out of nowhere to kill

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                    unless you jump out immediately when you hear the lock-on sound, you're dead. And if you do jump out right away, who knows what other trap is waiting for you.
                    The real danger with bailing out of vehicles is allowing your enemy to repair and steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                      It's those people who get creative and place them behind walls, rocks, boxes, or other things that line the pathway into a CP/silo that I fear. You can't see them, and unless you jump out immediately when you hear the lock-on sound, you're dead.
                      Motion mines need line-of-sight to the target to activate - so you can't put them too far behind something or they will not track.

Comment

Working...
                      X