This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrogance in Server Administrators...

Right. So arrogant server admins. I'll elaborate on ones I know of.

As you may or may not know, TerminalX runs (a) the 24/7 Camp Gibraltar Mayhem (which one?) server on 2142. Over the months I played on his server I have learned time and time again why he is the most arrogant administrator I've ever seen in my life. About a week ago I was banned from the server for questioning some of his rules in an Xfire conversation, but that's not what this is really about.

I sent him a message tonight asking why one of my buddies had been banned from the server, and it lead to this conversation. Make of it what you will.

LOTS OF TEXT YOU PROBABLY DONT WANT TO READ BELOW

terminalreality1: ???
    KomradeVirtunov: What did Nightmare do to be banned for X period of time?
    terminalreality1: UM stat padded multiple times using the armor in the uncappable
    terminalreality1: I even UN-banned him when Lynch begged me to give him a 3rd chance
    KomradeVirtunov: That's not the actual definition of 2142 stat padding.
    KomradeVirtunov: That's just camping.
    terminalreality1: took him all over 1 map to go right back to stat padding
    terminalreality1: OK lets just say this ..it takes ZERO skilz to sit in a Mec walker and shoot players before they are ready
    terminalreality1: BAsic newbishness
    KomradeVirtunov: well, technically they have two spawns, 3 rorsches, and 24 potential engineers.
    terminalreality1: It says Vet server for a reason.........we like skilled players on all three of our servers
    terminalreality1: For you even try and justify that silly *** newbie play just shows me why you would do the same thing
    KomradeVirtunov: I would use the walker for what it was made for.
    terminalreality1: Very simply put......takes zero skillz and is padding the players numbers artificially
    KomradeVirtunov: I disagree.
    KomradeVirtunov: Its quite easy to kill a walker if your team isnt completely incompetant.
    KomradeVirtunov: And your commander isnt in special ed.
    terminalreality1: Thats fine..just cough up half the money the server costs every month and Ill give you some input
    KomradeVirtunov: Now, that isnt a positive mentality.
    terminalreality1: We pay the light bills..I gave the newbie THREE opportunities to just follow ONE basic rule
    KomradeVirtunov: I don't know, I believe there's more to it than that considering you banned me for a conversation we had on Xfire.
    terminalreality1: If anything he disrespected Lunch and all of -=Ca=- by going right back in after they vouched for him still did it
    KomradeVirtunov: Now
    KomradeVirtunov: Where was he "camping"
    terminalreality1: UM ask all of them.........uncappable
    KomradeVirtunov: I know you like to think anywhere in front of harbor flag is stat padding
    KomradeVirtunov: Well yes, but where?
    terminalreality1: Look.......I think anyone that has to use armor on players before they even are ready to to defend them selves is simply unskilled
    KomradeVirtunov: You banned me once for sitting 200m to the west of the uncap, completely out of range of their spawn unless they jumped over the wrecked boat
    KomradeVirtunov: That wasnt "killing before they're ready to defend themselves"
    terminalreality1: Simply put the Mec walker would do just fine near the harbor flag and stands there to hold and defend the harbor flag.........after Harbor is taken. Then the walker can go anywhere but back to the uncappable
    terminalreality1: Armor vs any infantry is not fair.......but as they spawn in theres atleast a few sec they will DIE before they can RUN for cover
    KomradeVirtunov: You still didnt mention why me sitting 200m to the west is uncap camping too.
    KomradeVirtunov: Since they can spawn safely from a mech's wraith
    terminalreality1: You should look at this as a good thing actually now youll have company to play beginners newbie friendly fire off servers together
    terminalreality1: You both can get UNREAL points
    terminalreality1: I am VERY fair, consistent and realistic about what we offer......
    KomradeVirtunov: You know, you honestly think your server is so special. Yes it's one of the better servers in terms of players.
    KomradeVirtunov: But its still filled with newbies
    terminalreality1: then Iam sure you and nightmare will not feel left out
    KomradeVirtunov: Its no different than any other 24/7 infantry map server
    KomradeVirtunov: Why do you act so arrogantly toward rules that make no sense and then not be able to explain it logically?
    terminalreality1: Great , iam sure nightmare appreciates not being able to play real games.........no worries bro Just wanted to take a minute and answer your question
    terminalreality1: If I go into a resturant and the sign at the door says...No shirt, no shoes, no service. Why would I complain when they kick me out for not being able to understand common sense
    KomradeVirtunov: You go above and beyond your power by even taking things from out of game. Its quite disturbing.
    terminalreality1: Obviously tens of thousands of players disagree
    KomradeVirtunov: Wrong arguement to use. Your rules are clear, but you enforce some other set of rules not mentioned
    terminalreality1: We have had top servers in 5 games we play
    KomradeVirtunov: Like, you know, the whole banning me for being 200m west of the uncap
    KomradeVirtunov: It says no walkers in the uncap...
    terminalreality1: some other set? it says RIGHT ON THE LOAD IN SCREEN..............Armor in uncappable = kick / bann
    KomradeVirtunov: Being to the west of it out of view of their spawn point isnt IN the uncap
    terminalreality1: I gave you multiple chances also.......
    KomradeVirtunov: Also, questioning OOG = banned isnt mentioned
    terminalreality1: I hardly ever bann any player the first offense
    KomradeVirtunov: You still havent told me how that's spawncamping
    terminalreality1: I always give players 2 maybe 3 chances
    KomradeVirtunov: Because that's giving them perfect time to spawn and decide what they want todo
    KomradeVirtunov: Its their decision to jump over that boat
    terminalreality1: Armor sitting cammped and killing defensless new spawns = spawn camping
    KomradeVirtunov: Yes, and how was I spawncamping then
    terminalreality1: There is a few sec delay that allows infantry and in your case a very powerfull mec walker to kill them before they can run
    KomradeVirtunov: Right, again.
    KomradeVirtunov: I'm 200m to the west
    KomradeVirtunov: I cant see them spawn
    KomradeVirtunov: I cant even see them until they walk up the wrecked boat to jump over it to run up toward harbor
    terminalreality1: Hence fourth some players mistake spawn camping for real skillz
    KomradeVirtunov: That is quite not "killing them as soon as they spawn"
    terminalreality1: The Mec walker shouldnt even be near uncappable for real players........more fun out dueling them in an even firefight
    KomradeVirtunov: You're changing your story now man.
    KomradeVirtunov: Just admit that it wasnt spawncamping.
    terminalreality1: UM admit? bro all I know is I gave all 358 eight plauers on that bann list many, many chances to play like real players....with skillz. they inturned didnt take any of the warnings...and just kept at it
    KomradeVirtunov: But "real" or "fake" players, you arent going to see anyone sit in place waiting for 1) the commander to emparty them or 2) the team to maybe push ahead
    terminalreality1: one maybe, twice ok try and get it...three times...........is like 3 strikes you re out
    KomradeVirtunov: You're not even discussing what I'm talking about.
    KomradeVirtunov: Yes, okay, you've banned 358 players. Yay.
    KomradeVirtunov: There's what, several hundred thousand?
    terminalreality1: I think Ive given you plenty of answer from what you asked me about.....
    terminalreality1: Wasnt your question why did I bann nightmare?
    KomradeVirtunov: no, you've just told me how many people you've banned when I've been asking how I was spawncamping.
    KomradeVirtunov: Well, you said he was spawncamping too.
    KomradeVirtunov: And you never did say WHERE.
    terminalreality1: You asked why he was banned...........I gave him and all of you many, many chances to just play with any real skillz
    terminalreality1: Just ask nightmare bro........maybe all the others from -=Ca=- they can recap for you
    KomradeVirtunov: You have a very interesting and poorly spelled version of skills
    KomradeVirtunov: What is skills?
    KomradeVirtunov: Nightmare said you rebanned him for no particular reason
    terminalreality1: Skills = players that do not need armor to get kills
    KomradeVirtunov: That's a poor reason terminal.
    terminalreality1: Its on the load in screen bro
    KomradeVirtunov: I'm as good on foot as I am in armor.
    terminalreality1: Then why use it?
    KomradeVirtunov: Because its a change in pace.
    terminalreality1: so is a different game
    terminalreality1: GL with that man......
    terminalreality1: Play WOW or an RPG...might be simpler
    KomradeVirtunov: You don't make much sense, including your definition of skills
    KomradeVirtunov: So simplistic.
    terminalreality1: Skills are interpetive...........some newbies think armor vs new spawns is thier definition of skills
    KomradeVirtunov: Skills are your ability to shoot, work together, lead.
    KomradeVirtunov: Communicate.
    terminalreality1: Hard to do that from a walker in spawn bro
    terminalreality1: Ability to shoot maybe...but work together or lead I think not
    KomradeVirtunov: You really like to stick to your guns on that.
    terminalreality1: Your definition bro
    KomradeVirtunov: You consider spawncamping when you're not even in gunrange of the spawn
    terminalreality1: just clairifying it a bit
    terminalreality1: Utilize your own definition of skills, so far you can shoot a rifle. Now just step out of the ARMOR and work together and try to lead differently
    KomradeVirtunov: Terminal.
    KomradeVirtunov: You do realise I was one of the most active squad leaders on your server, right?
    terminalreality1: Set a different example
    KomradeVirtunov: And commanders
    terminalreality1: Not my job to look at that............I simply make sure its a very clean, consistent, skilled based place to play. Other than that I try and make sure all the technical stuff is done on a timely matter
    KomradeVirtunov: It
    terminalreality1: Iam very, very reasonable. Hence the many, many chances I give all players
    KomradeVirtunov: Well, its not the utopia you make it out to be.
    KomradeVirtunov: It has as many hackers/spawnkillers/glitchers as any other major server.
    terminalreality1: Even the best police force in the world needs to have criminals to have a job....guess Ill just have to keep cleaning up the city as well as I can.
    KomradeVirtunov: You're not really cleaning it up, you're just the cop that pulls over one car in the line of 25 cars speeding by.
    KomradeVirtunov: Many of them just victims of your strange interpretation of rules.
    terminalreality1: I will always understand any criminal that says, "but I wasnt speeding I swear " I guarentee bro.all criminals feel victimized
    KomradeVirtunov: So now you're defending yourself by attacking the history of others?
    terminalreality1: all I can say is if you didnt read the stop sign its not our fualt bro
    KomradeVirtunov: Are all convicted guilty?
    terminalreality1: history?
    KomradeVirtunov: Do you honestly believe every person you've banned for whatever reason you come up with deserves it?
    terminalreality1: Only when the RADAR gun says you are doing 85 in a 30 zone
    terminalreality1: Hard to disput what my eyes see
    KomradeVirtunov: So why did you ban me for having an xfire conversation with you
    KomradeVirtunov: Your eyes see what you want them to see most of the time.
    terminalreality1: back on subject though.......I hope you now know why Nightmare has joined the many, many skilless exploiters in the ABYSS of the pub hopping newbies
    KomradeVirtunov: Its not exploiting, it may show lack of skill during the act, all pubs are an abyss.
    KomradeVirtunov: You still havent told me where he was camping either
    terminalreality1: Iam very hungry and anytime you feel the need for conversation iam sure as always I'll be ready to accomadate
    KomradeVirtunov: You have some fatal flaws when compared to other administrators, man.
    terminalreality1: I feel the need for ......??? TTLL bro....eats then back to patroling our three servers
    [annoyed rant]
    Additionally, he manually balances teams during a round, randomly switching players to the opposing team. Why did I post this obviously long log? Because he gives administrators a bad name with his methods of running his server.

Also, to add some variety. the UAF clan server wins second place in my arrogant admins list for banning for camping spawn beacons.

[/annoyed rant]

So, your most hated server admins?

The way he talks proves he has the mentality of a goldfish yet he does prove a point which is the whole reason for not whining about it here. His servers his rules, what he perceives as spawn camping is obviously not what others believe yet he pays for the server and dishes out the bans evenly. From what he says anyone who dies past the fence at harbour is spawn camping if he bans consistantly for it you cant really say he is picking on you and your buddies.

Find another server if you feel hard done by with his rules or if you believe he is restricting the server beyond what ea rules as legit report the server.

Comment

If someone doesn't mention me, I'm gonna be upset.

Comment

You had to include the convo, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
          You had to include the convo, huh?
          Why not? He'd just seem like a noob complaining about an admin if he said "this one admin was being a meany and I don't like him, QQ"

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
            what would bommando do?

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op. View Post
              what would bommando do?
              He would complain about the complaints, I believe that is what you could call a MetaComplaint.

BaronVonVirtu, could you try to pass that mess through a relevancy filter?
              I don't see one part being particular more arrogant than the other.

Care to highlight the important parts?

Comment

This guy banned you for instigating incredibly longwinded, whiny, and pointless xfire conversations? I like him already!

Comment

Didn't read the whole conversation as I started to get a bit bored of it. But from what I did read the admin had every right to ban your mate. He gave him three chances not to camp the uncap but continued to do so.

Whilst I agree a bit with what you were saying about there are ways to take the mech out, at the end of the day it's his server and his rules. The no uncap camping rule is very common and can be found on a lot of servers. If you don't like it play elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
                    This guy banned you for instigating incredibly longwinded, whiny, and pointless xfire conversations? I like him already!
                    Here, here!

His server, his rules.

He's also right. Base-raping is pretty damn lame.

Is it a bannable offense? If I had a server, then yep! I would ban yer butt for it, too. And then sleep well that night.

:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by theleper View Post
                      The way he talks proves he has the mentality of a goldfish yet he does prove a point which is the whole reason for not whining about it here. His servers his rules, what he perceives as spawn camping is obviously not what others believe yet he pays for the server and dishes out the bans evenly. From what he says anyone who dies past the fence at harbour is spawn camping if he bans consistantly for it you cant really say he is picking on you and your buddies.

Find another server if you feel hard done by with his rules or if you believe he is restricting the server beyond what ea rules as legit report the server.
                      ya, that rational would work, if his idea of the rules was plainly stated and not left up to LOGICAL interpretation. i ****ing hate overzelous admins.

Comment

eh? he came across better than you i think... arguing will hardly strengthen your case. least he actually took roughly 1k words to explain his side of things. sounds like a dreamboat admin to me

ps. 75% of your time spent between gib and cerbere with 11k walker kills and 21k voss kills. sounds like you might be a spawn-killin walker-user too

Comment

BaronVonVirtu... I must side with the admin... if someone came into the uncap in a walker he will get a warning.. if he still carried on doing it.. we kick him.. if he came back and carried on doing it we would ban him... as for your ban.. if you got a warning to stop what you were doing then you should have weather you thought it was right or wrong... but to carry on doing it after repeated warnings then you have yourself to blame...

its very difficult to play the game and admin the server at the same time... you can control the rule breakers on what you see but any others you have to rely on either your clan mates or the public... if joe bloggs complains that someone is raping the uncapp or stat padding, without names there is nothing i can do... so if you want to report something to the admin you have to give a name.. in those situations the person will get a warning because it hasnt been witnessed by me or a clan member..

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
                            Bommando is the WORST ADMIN EVER!

on topic.
                            I think he had every rite to ban you, you seems to haven given warnings about uncap armour camping, and then banned. if you wish to rape the uncap, pick another server.

Comment

Working...
                            X