How to start Camp G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start Camp G.

I have been playing Camp Gibralter alot recently, and its growing on me making it my favorite map, So i just wanted to know how you guys usually start in this map.

Start for EU.

My first goal is to head toward this tower:

Then lay down some of those trip mines at the entrance of the stairs to go up, and that little area near the fence and this structure, that recon has, then use my zeller in this area and snipe upcoming targets:

Start for PAC.

Now for PAC, i basically start the same by heading toward the same structure, except this time behind the middle panel of it, to snipe out. Then make a push out for other flags, read the wording in the picture for more info on the strategy.

So, that is my strategy of Camp Girbralter in a nutshell for you guys, but i also am wondering your strategies if your willing to tell them, i'm just trying to get closer and closer to Brig. General. And this plan i do, has been working amazing for the past days and keeps my awards (pins kill streaks, revive pin) coming, along with rapid moving ranks.

BTW, this was my first long post with pictures

I love camp G. I have played that map for like 130 hours total, and I haven't played any other map for more then 10. It's basically where I got 95% of the points that brought me to Brig Gen. Here are some of the tips I have learned to start out.

As EU.
    I tend to like being on the left side (the one with the tower you pointed out) as it's a lot harder for the PAC to push through. I usually start out by throwing a beacon a bit back from the ladder to the beach there. Then I set up behind those two crates inbetween the fence and the building and just start lobing grenades. If you angle it so that you are throwing at about the height of halfway up the building and right next to it, it will land just where the PAC are underneath that tower. Once those are out I just sight in my PK rockets just past the cargo container, and start firing away. You can easily rack up dozens of kills here if the PAC continue to try and push through.

As PAC I like to go the same way, as its a bit more chaotic, and you can sneak through easier (the other side always has the EU walker camped at it). My initial strategy is to try and get past the first cargo container death zone, and then throw a beacon onto the little cylinders just behind the second one. From there your guys can pod in and waggle onto the rooftop there, and once you control that rooftop it's not hard to overwhelm the EU on that side, since they usually expect to hold that rooftop until after the flag has already been capped.

Regardless of which team you are on, the key in camp G is to set up basically a mobile base within your squad. I find as squad leader it's usually better for me to get a beacon in a safe place, and then respawn with an Otus. With a couple of support and medics in your squad, and the ability to see whats coming via the IDS-1's and Otus, it's not hard for your squad to sustain itself for as long as possible (which is especially critical as PAC, because if you can get a squad into their territory and cause enough problems, they usually divert enough guys to deal with you that your teammates can get in and capture the now poorly guarded harbor flag.

Comment

Both sides all squads:

proceed to Toll Station and kick the crap out of ech other.

Comment

It's nice you're really trying to help others with a guide but.. doesn't everyone do that?

Really, you'll find defense on the other side of the beachhead to be a third of the other side's and once there just hop up on the second building and snipe, or continue on through the train cars to snag Toll while EU still has Harbor.

Comment

Either side:
          1. Move to the fence between Harbour and PAC spawn
          2. Deploy IDS
          3. Shotgun opposition

Comment

As Pac drive straight to the back flags and start capping from eu base to harbour and cap them out.

As eu defend toll station from fav's, walkers and squads trying to break through.

Comment

As PAC I sneak (Lambert Carbine, Ghost, Cloaker) to EU Base, or take the FAV express to ruins. You will hardly EVER catch me at Harbor when playing as PAC, and if you do I will be on that flag. Anything to stop the ticket bleed ASAP.

As EU I trap (Engineer, Motion Mines, EMP Mines) the enemy FAV Express at Toll Station. 1/2 times the FAV/s will die to my motion mines, the other 1/2 times the driver will get out and I will have to take on three guys to defend Toll Station :|: After the initial FAV excursion is over, I pull out my support kit (Ganz, IDS, RDX Shotty) and camp out at Harbor.

Comment

to prevent the inevitable slaughter as attackers you need to make use of your walker advantage in the opening minute of play. meanwhile you have 2 favs getting through plus invisible peeps sneaking by and one squad with held spawn capping harbour under the watchful gaze of your walker.

if you are trying to win, as a team, you certainly don't have snipers. while you may get points for that apm kill, it doesn't take away a ticket seeing as there are 45000 medics waiting behind the fallen comrade

Comment

Where to start!, you could probably write a thesis on the different ways to go about camp G, it's brilliant

EU

I rarely spawn as engi to start as there's usually a couple willing to do the job, but if you do it's a race to get two MM's down on the road (at harbour) and a couple around the side aswell.

If the FAV's are quick off the mark you don't really have time to get the emp's down so don't worry bout them

If Commanding I'll always spawn at toll, get MM's down and pick off any guys who bail out

If spawning assault as usual I'd head left to the crane, if you look at the first picture, an excellent spot (which i really shouldn't divulge) is crouched half way up on those pipes & as far left as you can get on them. You are in near total cover when crouched and can pop up and nail em as they come up - just be wary of guys sneaking up or around the back of the crane

PAC - Depends on mapsize but always spawn as assault lol

If 32 or less

Usually i'd grab the fav nearest to back spawnpoint. Wait no more than a couple of seconds to see if anyone else is getting in then head straight up the middle. save your boost - most people don't know it but on the flat you can safely boost through motion mines 9 times out of ten.

Once up the ramp nail the boost and keep an eye on the roche. Head to central not ruins as it's far easier to cap safely

If over 32

I'd spawn further up, head right, get onto the boat & lob a couple of nades into that area EU guys love to mill about in. Make your way up the boat watching the roof with the EU spawnpoint - you spot any pk'em

Once your at the top of the boat your in cover crouching (it's all about cover) and can easily take out the guys in front of you.

After that it really depends on the current situation, though i'd probably avoid the corridor down the right as it's usually infested with support nade spammers

Comment

EU: RDX at harbor road + beach ramp or motion mines + emp mines at toll station

PAC: jump in a jeep and haul ***

those are the only correct answers

Comment

First off, sniping from that tower: don't. Might as well put a big neon bullseye around your head.

As PAC: Equip camo/apx/stock rifle. Through some apx by the southern gap in the fence, next to the big ship. Run back under camo, usually defenders are set up by then. Prone beside/behind the asset (I think its UAV), and snipe the people I see in this order:

1) People on that crane thing.
                      2) People on that southern rooftop.
                      3) Anyone else. Usually just a few nade spammers.

After taking harbour, I set up sniping behind a lamp post out by toll station. you can get the people running down the lanes easy.

After that, just Assault with the voss/pk/defib. Or, support, as of lately.

Comment

As EU I am able to sometimes get a squad to set-up at the toll center with engineers and Support. Engi's lay down MM's and Support prep EMP grenades.

If you can setup a D line there and then push down to the rail-yard you can usually hold that line for the whole round unless the front point crumbles too fast.

As PAC - its all about the jeep rush up the side. If you can get drop 1 guy at Center and 2 to Ruins then the fight breaks wide open.

Or I just join the rush on foot and slug it out without any real plan of action.

Comment

wait wait so your telling us you can get uber close to their first rail cannon without getting kicked for spawn raping etc? koowl lol.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC View Post
                            As EU I am able to sometimes get a squad to set-up at the toll center with engineers and Support. Engi's lay down MM's and Support prep EMP grenades.
                            Thats what i always do with my swedish mate If the PAC try to rush through to the back flags FAVs, they're sure to run in to the mines and abandon the vehicle. Usually they're easy pray after the EMP shock and after having to abandon the FAV before they were planning to.

If it works out, you are a few kills and one FAV richer after that, and with a FAV available it's alot easier to catch any recon etc. trying to sneak to the backflags later that round.

Comment

The tactic explained above sounds a lot like what it's like on an unorganized 64 man server. If you play on a smaller server you might just see who kills you....

Comment

Working...
                              X