ganz or shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ganz or shotgun

i have unlocked all the recon branch, the defib, AR shot gun, EMP mines and motion mines, i have 4 unlock pts, and i've heard that the ganz sucks, personally i only used it once or twice so i don't have any experiences. so tell which ones' better, the ganz or the clark. Please include some pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

The Ganz is hands down better at long to mid range and will cut down troops once you get used to the recoil. You can't run and gun with it though - it is massively inaccurate unless your stationery and sighted.

The Clark is awesome in close quarters, you can take down a squad of assaulters if you can get on a server with a good ping. The Clark suffers more than any other gun from lag issues. Get close and aim for the upper chest and it's a one hit kill. It doesn't suffer from being mobile so you can keep moving and still hit things. Anything over 10 metres and it's going to take a few hits to kill them off. Absolute fun though and the added bonus of the Close Combat pin for every ten kills.

Comment

thanks, and about the Ganz, i've heard that alot of people use the default ones instead

Comment

Yeah I do. I was very disappointed when I unlocked the upgraded HMG. Twas my first unlock and I was expecting it to be better than stock but the only difference seems to be the sight is worse!

Comment

so ganz sucks, clark rocks?

Comment

Ganz for nooby's
            shotgun for the guy's who loves boobies:salute:

Rly you own everything with the shotgun, that one is the best, But you have really practise allot

Comment

Get frags, stamina upgrades 1&2 and then get the Squad leader Bacon. If you already have those then run up the left side of the Support or Assault trees.

Comment

I'd say shotgun...for me that IS the support class, I don't touch any of the other guns...just seemed that it takes too long to settle down or be accurate. I'd say get the clark first

Edit: Besides, if you don't like the clark you can still use the stock LMGs to get ready for the ganz

Comment

Short answer is that they're totally different weapons.

Long answer...

The Ganz is a good medium-long range weapon. It's better than the LMGs at range where the light recoil makes it easier to keep the sights over your target. The extra damage is a godsend too. Not nearly as good at short range, where volume/rate of fire wins out over damage. All these differences aside, the HMG functions similarly to the LMGs; you stay stationary and go full-auto.

The Clark is a tricky weapon to use effectively. You need to be fairly close to make the most out of it; so a big part of using it right is getting close enough without getting killed or getting close to your target, only to find yourself hopelessly outnumbered. You also need to make each shot because of the fairly slow rate of fire (to be buffed in v1.4). Still, a well-placed shot at short range can do heinous damage, even one-hit kill if you're close enough and aim for the upper torso. Also, like all shotguns since BF2, movement doesn't adversely affect accuracy, so you can advance on your target or strafe to make yourself a harder target and fire at the same time. For best results, use it with the IDS or Dystek Pulsemeter to get the jump on your opponents.

You also need to take the prerequisite unlocks into account. Personally, I find all the support unlocks to be fairly useful. The A12 is probably the most popular though, and the Ganz tree also has that dandy Northern Strike unlock.

Comment

clark it is. BTW how good Dystek Pulse meter? i know that the shield is pretty much useless

Comment

Originally posted by sansk77 View Post
                      clark it is. BTW how good Dystek Pulse meter? i know that the shield is pretty much useless
                      It's OK. You need to have your 3D map on because it identifies targets with the red NetBat diamonds. When you activate it, it identifies any enemy in the direction you're facing within a certain range with a red diamond.

BUT the diamonds' positions don't update to show movement (it's like a "snapshot"), so you won't know which way your target went. Also, since the diamonds don't move, you may have problems with depth perception, not knowing exactly how far away the enemy is.

You won't be able to stalk people like you can with UAV support; it's useful primarily for estimating how much resistance you can expect to come up with at key locations.

Comment

To silverdragon i've already got all the personal unlocks

Comment

Oh well then feel free to unlock the Clark tree. Just learn to do well with the pistols because they'll be your only good mid-range solution.

It's range got whacked with the nerfbat last I heard, I've also never been able to detect anyone with it since I got 1.25. But it's really situational, if you're running with a squad you should use the LMGs because you can stick with the assault and sniper guys on your team.

Comment

It's really hard to decide now. ganz or clark, ganz or clark, ganz or clark.........i think i'll flip a coin

Comment

Or get the Shield, ammo hub, EMP grenade, and Support helmet

you know, you don't want any unhatched infant hens in single woven wood receptacle incidents

Comment

Working...
                              X