Non-functioning Spawn Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-functioning Spawn Menu

My spawn menu is messed up and I cannot see my mouse cursor. I have all ingame graphics settings on max, what can i do to rid myself of this problem?

You sir have overheating problems that happened to me and lowering the setting helped.

Comment

What specific settings did you lower? I've tried default settings with 1024x768 resolution, still no change.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac331 View Post
        You sir have overheating problems that happened to me and lowering the setting helped.
        How can you say that with such confidence?

It could quite as easily a driver problem. To the OP what graphics card/drivers are you using?

Comment

Because I checked on everest and my card was on about 80 C, I lowered and allowed more air flow and it fixed, I also had black textures and stuff.

Comment

I wasnt talking about your problem.

Comment

Everest has GPU temps? I'll try checking that out since speedfan doesn't seem to have those measures.

I'm using drivers 162.22 on a 7900GS.

Comment

Running vista?

Comment

running vista :cry:

Comment

did you change the resolution in the target box on your shortcut icon? That would do it if you put the wrong res in there. Thats how it looked when I screwed that up.

Comment

Originally posted by frank_the_tank View Post
                      did you change the resolution in the target box on your shortcut icon? That would do it if you put the wrong res in there. Thats how it looked when I screwed that up.
                      "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1024 +szy 768"

My current command line. I have a monitor set at 1024x768(max) a pitiful 14" so I'm not sure the problem is in the resolution area.

Comment

Originally posted by lathest View Post
                        "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1024 +szy 768"

My current command line. I have a monitor set at 1024x768(max) a pitiful 14" so I'm not sure the problem is in the resolution area.

yep thats the problem! just change it back to:
                        "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 and it will work perfect again.

When I put my resolution in, the ground disappeared! I bet all the words on the buttons are way off too, right? I just set the resolution in the game now. Maybe someone else can help you find the right resolution to put in there without it ruining your game.

Comment

Is there any way that my spawn menu could be like it is because of my settings in the nvidia control panel? Or because of bad files when patching/installing?

EDIT:After manually uninstalling then reinstalling+patching in safe mode, i now have a working spawn menu, and i now have the unmodified error for multiplayer. Ah well, i'll just wait till 1.40 comes out and hope it can correctly patch my files.

Comment

Working...
                          X