Support/Assault imbalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverDragon
    I also personally hate the PK rockets, you pretty much have to fire 3 to get a kill and it only works on the idiots that hug corners and the edges of buildings. I do better flanking or fragging than using the PK rockets.
    Actually, those rockets are pretty damn useful against snipers.

Comment

This gives the support soldier 2 great reusable detection devices, the pulse meter and the Infantry Sonar. While the Assault only gets the single-use sonar/smoke grenade. I say either the Infantry Sonar should not be able to be resupplied, or the sonar/smoke grenade should be able to be resupplied.
      Even if you couldn't resupply the IDS, you would still be able to pick it up and place it somewhere else, so being unable to resupply it wouldn't change much.

All deployables work like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
        Even if you couldn't resupply the IDS, you would still be able to pick it up and place it somewhere else, so being unable to resupply it wouldn't change much.

All deployables work like this.
        But if some guy shoots it you can't get it back. And if you moved you would have to go back and pick it up, but with support you just put a new one down and the old one blows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
          but with support you just put a new one down and the old one blows up.
          again, this happens with ALL deployables (or whatever they're called)

Comment

Just noticed something that makes the radar grenade better than the IDS. It has a longer range, by that I mean that If you want to see EXACTLY where that sniper down the alleyway is you can toss a radar grenade at him from behind low cover. It'll reveal his position at times where dropping an IDS where you stood wouldn't reach the sniper. I managed to save my squad a lot of heartache finding a well-hidden sniper in CareBear Landing.

Comment

I've noticed that if you throw the radar grenade over the enemy it tends to distract them fairly well. Mostly because when it bounces off of something and goes off to the side of the enemy group they tend to turn and look at it expecting a flanking enemy.

Also, name one unlock with no use what so ever?
              The PDS-1 Infantry Sonar. The IDS-1 is better on every single aspect.

Originally posted by Divine
              If they can't see you, you can't see them. Also, if I see smoke by me I was back , crouch and get ready to fire because someone threw it to me for a reason.
              You still bring in a good point but it doesn't argue the fact why it can't be resupplied. This thing definitely should be resupplied (slowly) because anyone would rather take the PK rockets over them.

Now lets remember that it should be resupplied slowly. If this was resupplied as fast as normal grenades you can make your own commander UAV but with smoke!
              Well, you deploy smoke cos you don't want to be seen right? I use smoke to get to cover or to get to strategic locations. If you want to be seen just aim your mitchell up in the sky and fire, you'll get attention

The smoke thing should be removed and replaced by three grenades that can be cooked. This grenades are heavier, thus having less range, but they can be cooked and/or detonated by clicked the RMB when thrown. Can't be detonated while grenade is in your hand. That would be cool, especially for CQC.

As for a solution:
              The smoke nade thing should be able to be resupplied, slowly. There is no single reason to use it now... want smoke? Go smoke nade! Want a big, large, PERMANENT UAV? Go support or commander!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude View Post
                The PDS-1 Infantry Sonar. The IDS-1 is better on every single aspect.
                What are you trying to say here? The PDS is the vehicle detection device from vanilla 2142 and the IDS is the infantry detection from NS.
                The radar grenades would be a great asset if they could be resupplied because they have a longer single-direction range than the IDS, they are better for forces on the move that need to know where the flanker/sniper/hidden enemy squad is.

Comment

Working...
                X