Building up a new soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building up a new soldier

Have many of you created a different soldier and building that soldier up with a different style of playing?

As DeathEngineer I've played all classes and every possible styles under the sun but I felt that I was still weak in infantry combat so I created a new soldier purely for infantry. By purely concentrating on infantry I've gained a new respect for any player that (mostly) play infantry with no exploits (and no vehicle whoring, RDX/FRAG spamming, etc...) that can maintain a score per minute and K/D above 2.0. As a matter of fact these are 2 of the only 3 stats I pay attention to now: SPM, K/D, and Accuracy (maintaining a SPM and K/D above 2.0 really means that your accuracy has to be at least decent). Additionally this new soldier is almost always active in a squad as a member or as a leader. I've only recently started this so I still have much to improve but I can already see improvements. I'm shooting for SPM and K/D of 2+ and accuracy of 25+%... not quite there yet but I'm slowly approaching the goals.

Other things I've learned during this:
    The standard assault rifles are pretty decent (They 'felt' weak before so I'd always used the unlocked replacements)
    Being in a decent squad and sticking together has improved my K/D (since they're there to heal and revive me and vice versa)
    Playing on servers with 32-40 players have also helped with my K/D since most fights are mano-a-mano so I have better control of the outcome (on 64 players maps I noticed that most of my deaths were random... meaning the one who killed me was not the one I was shooting at)
    Playing on 32-40 servers have also reduced my deaths from FRAG spam because there tend to be less clumping of players at choke points which is when all the FRAG spammers like to come out.
    Lastly the Voss is still my deadliest enemy in close quarter fights; I lose more fight to a good Vosser than to any other guns. So far I've died from a Voss more than all other guns combined... but this is also because there are many more Vosses out there than any other guns.

Well that's all I have for now.

infantry maps ROCKZ! imo

i dont really enjoy titan maps i like assualting but its just annoying capping a silo to get blown up by fall bombs from the sky

but yeh i play mainly 16, 32, 40 and sometimes 48 depending if i like the server and the people there

but 16, 32 and 40 are immense when u join a teamwork team there just so much better than any other style, i used to titan all the time at teh start and DIE constantly caus i didnt knw where in 2142 earth i was gettin shot from but i mainly play conquest and have a better knowledge of those maps but yeh there more upclose and personal with the occasional roof camper in which the baur will settle him straight muhahaha

anyway yeh i prefer them caus battles are better instead of a 1,000,000,000,000,000, nades gettin thrown at the blown up wall at central in camp g, it still sometimes happens but doesnt last long b4 one guys breaks throught to kill all those caught with the nade in there hands

Comment

I've got 7 soldiers.

Yeah...my bad.

Instant promo ftw xD

Comment

This is weird.

Today i made a new soldier too.

:salute:

Comment

Made a new soldier about a week ago, played with it a bit. But now I've gone back to Clark whoring with my main soldier.

Comment

I made a new solider, because I bought BF2 *after* I bought BF2142, and wanted to have a solder with a 2 in front of my name. :P

...Then I found that a little 2 had been added in front of *all* my soldiers!

:w00t:

BF2 can be got dead cheaply now, so if anyone wants to activate the taunt and war-dance, then that's how it's done.

Comment

NAh i have never bothered making a new account, i remember thinking bout it ages ago, to make my stats good, but never bothered, and just stuck with my mediocre stats

SPM: 2.04
              K/D: 2.72
              Acc: 27.68

Comment

I don't stat whore, I just play. Whatever happens, happens. I'm happy so long as I don't get the purple heart.

Comment

New soldier is pointless. No unlocks at first and who cares about your stats? The game is all about fun... right? C'mon guys.. right? Just work with me... =P

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
                    NAh i have never bothered making a new account, i remember thinking bout it ages ago, to make my stats good, but never bothered, and just stuck with my mediocre stats

SPM: 2.04
                    K/D: 2.72
                    Acc: 27.68
                    Dang, your 'mediocre' is actually higher than my end goal and it has been a bit of a struggle for me too:shock:

Like I said earlier... I have a whole new respect for any player who can maintain above 2 for SPM and K/D:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Divine View Post
                      New soldier is pointless. No unlocks at first and who cares about your stats? The game is all about fun... right? C'mon guys.. right? Just work with me... =P
                      Actually you'd be suprised at how much fun it can be. When I rolled a new guy I set out with the default noob weapons, and every time I got a kill I'd take their kit. Presto, insta-unlock! You should have seen me scavenging after a firefight on Camp G: "Hmm.. Engie? No... Recon? Tempting with the Camo unlocked... but nah.... Ah, here we go, a nice, fresh medic kit with rockets and a baur! Game on!" *YOINK*

And so forth, until I died and started all over again. Now I'm about 2/3 unlocked with my "new" dude but he's got better stats than my veteran so I play him all the time now.

You should definitely try it some time just for kicks.

Comment

I would love it if EA decided to make the scores of the ranks increase, lets say 3000000 for a general ect. then we wouldnt have to create another soilder and bring back the BF2 drum roll when you went up a rant loved it when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyC View Post
                          Actually you'd be suprised at how much fun it can be. When I rolled a new guy I set out with the default noob weapons, and every time I got a kill I'd take their kit. Presto, insta-unlock! You should have seen me scavenging after a firefight on Camp G: "Hmm.. Engie? No... Recon? Tempting with the Camo unlocked... but nah.... Ah, here we go, a nice, fresh medic kit with rockets and a baur! Game on!" *YOINK*
                          Haha, that's kind of what I did when I created my citymap soldier a month ago. I set out with the goal to see how well I could do using only the Clark (with a couple of exceptions like pistols and knives when I ran out of Clark rounds while still in a fight, and LMGs prior to getting the Clark). Whenever I saw someone who was running around with the Clark in his hands, I would follow him like a lost puppy dog until he got dropped, then I would grab it and do my damnedest to hang on to it as long as I could. When I finally unlocked my own I stopped kit scavenging, but it was kind of a fun mini-quest in the game, to try to find someone else on the server who carried the Clark and then rush in an loot their corpse when they died while trying to stay alive and make it away to safety with their Clark.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Welcome to the club. :salute:

I'm 90% infantry and 10% walker, always have been since I started playing.

Equally as good with the assault rifles (Baur I'm learning) as my preferred weapon, the Zeller.

Comment

i am thinking of making a new profile, to get a better K/D ratio.

Comment

Working...
                              X