TERRIBLE fps inside or near Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TERRIBLE fps inside or near Titans

I picked up this game on the day it was released, and I have never experienced as bad of FPS on Titan as I have been recently. The only thing different about my computer from now and then, is that I have a new graphics card and a new case. I have searched for topics concerning FPS when dealing with titans, and I understand that most people have FPS problems as well. I tried lowering my graphics down from all high to all medium, but it didn't help one bit. As a matter of fact on the last server I played, it was bad enough to the point where it was impossible to play (under 10 FPS easily), and my gun was bouncing up and down. Im sure some of you have seen that happen, but I also think that has more to do with server lag. Did one of the more recent patches screw something up with the game? It cant be that bad for everyone, because I lose so many gun fights due to sudden FPS drops, especially at point blank range.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ @ 2.21 GHz
    MOBO: ABIT KN8 SLI
    RAM: 2.00 GB
    Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-X
    PCU: ATX 450W 12V

I really have no idea what to do, so any help is appreciated.

You guessed right, sometimes it's the server's network problem and not your problem at all which causes the lag.

Also, I think that processor you have may be bottlenecking your graphics card. I'm not a tech genius here so don't go on my word though.

Comment

even if it was bottlenecking, it wouldn't be that bad since it's an 8800 GTS not a GTX. Are you running a wireless connection? that could be the problem.

Edit: why is this in feedback? lol

Comment

What got my attention was new case + new heat source (gfx card) How are your temps? Does the problem get worse over time? Processor ain't great, but upgrading your gfx shouldn't make anything *worse.*

(I am assuming you've gone to other servers to confirm it's not server related, and it's been going on long enough that it isn't just that a squirrel ate your phone line/cable)

Comment

It's weird that it happens in Titan mode only, with Conquest and Assault Lines, it's completely fine. Titans are not even close to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Manick View Post
            Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-X
            PCU: ATX 450W 12V
            Upgrade your PSU!! Very bad idea to have that card running on only 450w!

It wont help your performance, you will need a better processor for that. But you could easily be damaging your system with that power supply!

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP
              What got my attention was new case + new heat source (gfx card) How are your temps? Does the problem get worse over time? Processor ain't great, but upgrading your gfx shouldn't make anything *worse.*
              Me getting a new case and graphics card was mainly because of my concern for my computer overheating. I didn't have very good airflow in my last one, so I upgraded to an Antec P182. My old graphics card was also a 7800 GTX OC, which ran hotter than hell and could have been contributing to the overheating problems I used to have. I am pretty sure thats not the problem anymore, because whenever it overheated, or slowed down, it wouldn't speed back up ever again, even after exiting the game. The only way to fix it was to restart the computer, but sometimes it restarted itself, especially when i tried to start up another program. Right now it idle's at 63c, and runs BF at 68c. I just tried joining a Titan server this afternoon and it ran fine, no lag, normal fps.

As far as my PCU goes, yeah, your probably right about that Jaswahhihi, because when I first build my computer it was meant to power a Geforce 6600 GTS, not an 8800 GTS. What do you think I should get?

Comment

Originally posted by Manick View Post
                As far as my PCU goes, yeah, your probably right about that Jaswahhihi, because when I first build my computer it was meant to power a Geforce 6600 GTS, not an 8800 GTS. What do you think I should get?
                If you would like room to expand to mabey an 8800 GTX/Ultra or another single card type then this power supply is great:
                http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...123&subcat=589

A cheaper but still great PSU (Theres debate about whether this can take an 8800 GTX with say Core 2 duos etc because these were the 2 power supplies I was debating about getting). But it should be fine for an 8800 GTS
                http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...123&subcat=103

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. kaheiyeh
                  You guessed right, sometimes it's the server's network problem and not your problem at all which causes the lag.

Also, I think that processor you have may be bottlenecking your graphics card. I'm not a tech genius here so don't go on my word though.
                  What does that mean if its bottlenecking? Are there certain things to look out for if that's might be the case?

And to Sniper - I am using a wireless capable router, but I am not wireless connected.

Comment

Botttlenecking is one component that restricts the performance of another/ other components.

Dont worry about your graphics card being bottlenecked, just because is isnt running @ 100% of what it is capable of doesnt mean there is anything wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X