Punkbuster issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster issues

I'm having some troubles with Punkbuster, I just downloaded the patch 1.25 after finally being able to install the game. However, whenever I play I get about 1 minute of gaming and then get booted with PB giving me a blank error box. I'm at the point of going to the PB programmer's house and bludgeoning him or her in the head with the flat of an axe. I've updated PB completely, restarted, and even ran 2142 as admin. What else is there to do?

*sigh* I'm also having the insert disk error now that I've updated PB, I really want to go screaming off into next week for this. Then I'll make somebody's skull concave.

check and make sure you are allowing PunkbstrA and punkbstrB through your firewall.

Comment

Ok, I'm trying to find PunkbstrA and punkbstrB in the Windows Firewall exception lists but they arn't there, where would I find them? I tried looking in Program Files and my System 32 files.

I'm really starting to despise Vista.
      ok, I'm just turning off my firewall

Comment

Yea Vista isn't what you was hoping for exactly...

Are you running the game with administrator rights? That was the problem for me.

Comment

PnkBstrA > C:\WINDOWS\system32
          PnkBstrB > C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\pb

And vista is a huge mistake of trying to do anything but surf the internet on.

Comment

I need vista for work, it has to be a laptop. Also, if I get an awesome laptop I can bill my company for it and write it off on my taxes. So ya, vista is worth it in that I got a laptop and vista ultimate for free. Other than that, vista is only good for readyboost.

Comment

This is happening to me i'm going nuts i also have vista i really want to play this game. This is what happens i join a server play for 5 secs then i get kicked with an empty pb box i have tried running as adminstrator and still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                I need vista for work, it has to be a laptop. Also, if I get an awesome laptop I can bill my company for it and write it off on my taxes. So ya, vista is worth it in that I got a laptop and vista ultimate for free. Other than that, vista is only good for readyboost.

Dual boot with XP so you get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                  I'm having some troubles with Punkbuster, I just downloaded the patch 1.25 after finally being able to install the game. However, whenever I play I get about 1 minute of gaming and then get booted with PB giving me a blank error box. I'm at the point of going to the PB programmer's house and bludgeoning him or her in the head with the flat of an axe. I've updated PB completely, restarted, and even ran 2142 as admin. What else is there to do?

*sigh* I'm also having the insert disk error now that I've updated PB, I really want to go screaming off into next week for this. Then I'll make somebody's skull concave.
                  Exactly the same problem here. What's the issue and how can I solve it?

I'm running Vista aswell...*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                  X