Any SAAW wizards out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SAAW wizards out there?

*Skip to the second paragraph if you don't want to read the semi-boring backstory*

So I was playing on the CLAN WARS server earlier today, and I (PAC) came around a corner face-to-face with this one guy and got insta-killed before I could get a Clark shot off. It sounded like I got hit with an AV missile, but when I looked up in the death ticker it turned out it was the SAAW! I thought, 'Wow, what a lucky shot!'. So I respawn and head back to the same place he killed me, I come up behind him, Clark him, and start to move on. 10-15 seconds (however long) later I hear a beacon crash down on the building next to me, so I climb up the stairs and there's Mr. SAAW, who kills me from the other side of the roof -- again with the SAAW! I was amazed, because I never knew that thing could be so accurate. Someone else finished him off this time. So I respawn at Harbour and go back to look for his beacon. Up on the roof, he pods down again and lands right in front of me. I shoot him once in the back, he spins around and SAAWs me. For my fourth (and final) death by him, I climb the stairs and Clark him while he's facing down shooting at someone else. I go back to looking for his beacon. Can't see it or even hear it. I hop up onto the very top part of the building and see him pod down to the lower section of the roof. I put one Clark round in him, he spins a 180 and fires, and I'm insta-killed, again by his SAAW. I was, suffice it to say, quite impressed (and a bit astounded). He didn't even need to scope in to hit, just hip shoot and kill (I'm guessing he has a dot painted on his monitor ). Funny, after he killed me the fourth time I watched the kill ticker and he took care of two more people with the SAAW. He ended up with 24 kills that round, although I don't know if they were all from the SAAW or not. I know most of them were, though.

So my question is, how can you make the SAAW that accurate? Whenever I try to use it, it'll shoot off to the side half the time, even if I'm stopped, crouched, and scoped. Is there some trick to making it pinpoint accurate like this guy had it? I tried doing what he did on a single player game and even with making the bots easy to the point of being borderline retarded I still couldn't hit them with it with any sort of consistancy. I understand it arcs downward quickly which isn't really hard to compensate for, but most of the time it went left or right of the crosshair, and it didn't even seem to come out at the same spot vertically every time (so I wasn't sure how to adjust for arc). I couldn't imagine trying this against sentient people online, but this guy was tearing it up with the thing.

Any tips? tmbizzle was the guy's name, so if any of you have seen him play (or if one of you are him, even better ), I'd love to get some tips on how he does it. It would be fun to bust it out and go on a rampage every once it a while just for the shock factor.

~Wolfgang

try to go for an enemy that is right on top of you and moving slowly i find.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU View Post
      try to go for an enemy that is right on top of you and moving slowly i find.
      You do realize that he is talking about using it as an anti-infantry weapon, right?

Comment

WTF? how does he do that, my last experiecne of the SAAW was that if you're not locked onto anything it'll just go forward a few metres and curve up/down sharply, and that was with air vehicles.

I've never even tried it as an anti-infantry weapon

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much my experience with it as well, but honestly I never even thought about using it against infantry. I've heard of others doing it as a gag or like a humiliation-type kill, but this guy was quite accurate shooting infantry with it. His kills/deaths after the round wasn't that great (I think it was 24/18), but considering the rest of his team wasn't doing well either it's understandable. I was going to see if I could switch sides and be on his team the next round and see how he did it or pick his brain, but he quit after that round. I'd never seen anyone try to use it consistantly against infantry before and never seen it used to that degree of success, so I just wondered if anyone here knew some trick that the rest of us didn't.

~Wolfgang

Comment

hax

5char

Comment

thats what i was thinking...

Comment

I've used it against infantry quite a few times. The key is to get in close (shotgun range) and not use the scope. I just get the guy in the middle of the screen and blast him. I repeat, do not use the scope. It makes it very inaccurate.

Comment

So the key was he was hip shooting it, then? Thanks, I'll give that a try, although I'd have to find the dead-centre of my screen.

~Wolfgang

Comment

You've got two factors when using the SAAW against infantry:

1. Distance
                    2. Luck

That's because there's a chance that the missile will go a bit to the right of the center of the screen, or it decides to shoot at the center.

For me, I only attempt to fire the SAAW at people when he's (at most) about 10 metres away from me.

Just my two cents

Comment

I laugh my *** off when i use the rorsch against infantry. Using the saaw would be alot funnier

Comment

hmmmmmmm, several times you gave him a clark to the face and he didn't die, and then proceeded to kill you several times with pinpoint accuracy from long range with a gun that purposely shoots differently every time so that it is nearly impossible to shoot accurately every time, ESPECIALLY over long range........

................do I have to spell it out for you?

Comment

ive killed a few people with the SAAW, i remember when i was assaulting a titan and some guy came round the corner and i just clicked without thinking and got him in a head shot with the SAAW, i thought naa that was only luck, but shortly after i got another hit and killed someone! It's great as an anti infantry weapon.

Comment

aimbot cough

Comment

Had one guy in our Titan last night that was standing in Corridor 2 'sniping' people in the opposite vent with the SAAW... never thought to ask him how he was doing it though

Comment

Working...
                              X