Punkbuster is evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster is evil

After sorting out my Invalid CD key error, AND sorting out the "GUID ban" bug with EAlink downloaded versions of BF2142, Punkbuster hits me again...

I get kicked with no explaination from all ranked servers. Checking my log, I see this...

[08.02.2007 11:23:46] RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

No problem. I use the pbsvc.exe program to uninstall Punkbuster. I then reinstall Punkbuster and use pbsetup.exe to ensure I have the latest version..

Then I update manually, just to be sure. PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe are set to "Automatic", but I Start the services just in case.

Everything is by the book, and everything should be fine, right?

I get kicked again, this time for..
    [08.02.2007 11:31:38] RESTRICTION: Invalid Memory Image (90005)

After checking the Punksbusted forums, I see that the solution is to reinstall PB with pbsvc.exe. Well now, that seems familiar. Ill do that right now, and post the results.

lol.. good luck man.

Comment

firewall? any changed settings?

Comment

Same

exactly the same is happening to me, and the really annoying thing is that it happens really close to the end of a round.

I reinstalled and then allowed it full access on both firewalls, I want to know WTF is happening,

also do you have really glitchy graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Kruniac View Post
          After sorting out my Invalid CD key error, AND sorting out the "GUID ban" bug with EAlink downloaded versions of BF2142, Punkbuster hits me again...

I get kicked with no explaination from all ranked servers. Checking my log, I see this...

[08.02.2007 11:23:46] RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

No problem. I use the pbsvc.exe program to uninstall Punkbuster. I then reinstall Punkbuster and use pbsetup.exe to ensure I have the latest version..

Then I update manually, just to be sure. PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe are set to "Automatic", but I Start the services just in case.

Everything is by the book, and everything should be fine, right?

I get kicked again, this time for..
          [08.02.2007 11:31:38] RESTRICTION: Invalid Memory Image (90005)

After checking the Punksbusted forums, I see that the solution is to reinstall PB with pbsvc.exe. Well now, that seems familiar. Ill do that right now, and post the results.
          I get that service communication failure(pnkbstrA.exe) quite often. I just delete pb folder from battlefield 2142 install folder and re-install punkbuster like you said.

That 'Invalid memory image (90005)' happens for me too time to time. I either just re-install PB again(just like i do with the service communication failure). Or i just re-join the server. Either one of these ways fixes that for me.

Comment

Kruniac, I tried following your suggestions in the Ivalid CD Key thread, but I'm still stuck with that problem. Incidentally, if I try to create another user account on my machine, I no longer get that error, but instead start getting Punkbuster kicks for the exact same reason you posted about here (and I've tried re-installing Punkbuster via pbsvc.exe, with the same results).

I was just wondering, did you get BF2142 from EA Link, or is it a retail version? My copy was purchased over EA Link, and since I haven't been able to play in over a month and a half, I'm wondering if I should just go by a retail copy.

Comment

Working...
            X