Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't a frag a kill by someone in FPS? IE. I got 5 frags in this round

Comment

I'm actually old enough to remember the word "fragging" being used before computer games (or PCs/Macs, for that matter) were invented!

Comment

i know what it means it means killing any soldier in a fps game or like in SOCOM it says "[insert name here] fragged [insert name here]"

Comment

fragging comes indeed from fragmentation grenade.
          Linking to a body being blown to pieces.
          This term became used for general kills in a fps due to the quake and unreal series where the guns had the potentiol to blow up the targets.
          And as time went by it became a more general used term in all shooters etc

Comment

There is a difference.

But it all depends it what kind of sentence you are using it in.

"Yeah, When I was in Iraq I fragged that son of a gun"

"I like to frag noobs"

See the difference?

Comment

I don't use the term often, but when I do, I use it for grenade kills, just my preference, saying fragged when you shoot someone doesn't make sense to me imo.

PS: Edgar, that's like the thousandth time I've saw that, and it still disturbs me. :shakehead:

Comment

The army uses it for grenades. But in the gaming scene it means killing. Theres no logic behind it. Explain 1337 and bbq to me than

Comment

I said, fragmentation grenade

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                    I don't use the term often, but when I do, I use it for grenade kills, just my preference, saying fragged when you shoot someone doesn't make sense to me imo.

PS: Edgar, that's like the thousandth time I've saw that, and it still disturbs me. :shakehead:
                    i laugh everytime i see that and i saw that avatar in GameTrailers

Comment

Working...
                    X