Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXE problems

hey guys.

ok so i was playing 2142 earlier today when i left my computer for about 10mins. and i lfet the game running. came back and i started to get "BF2142 EXE stopped working"...WHY!!!!! i mean i didnt do anything to it!

i just dont understand and i suspect ppl have also posted threads on this but i havent found any. please please please help me!:cry:

thanks

YORCC

If you restart the game, do you get the same thing still? If you reboot altogether?

Comment

yeh i reboot the game and the pc and the same thing happens when i try to enter a game. i have UAC off and it been fine for months

OK it is a problem with my sound card. i have a Creative X-Fi Platinum (fatal1ty). if i desable the soundcard drivers the game plays but with no sound. if i have them on the game crashes with the "2142 exe stopped responding"

does anyone have a fix?

Comment

that's odd, man.

I'd say remove the sound card drivers and reinstall them, see if that helps. if not, uninstall the game and reinstall it. I know it's a pain, but I had to do it myself not long ago (couldn't connect to a game to save my life until I did it).

good luck!

Comment

righty. i do that. however i have already reinstalled the game...hope this works

ok i have reinstalled sound drivers and the game and i have done a system restore. NOTHING has worked. it still crashed with the "BF2142 EXE not responding"

this is really beginning to whack me off!!!!

help please lol

Comment

Originally posted by YORCC View Post
            righty. i do that. however i have already reinstalled the game...hope this works............this is really beginning to whack me off!!!!

help please lol
            I don't know if english is your primary language or not, but you may want to rephrase that.

Also in what order did you do those? is it fixed? update please

Comment

Working...
            X