This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Promod Maps To Be Released

The latest word from the CS Promod crew states that four of their maps will be released on the 15th. The mod itself has no official release date set yet.
    The maps, csp_dust2, csp_inferno, csp_nuke, and csp_train, will be available for download on Monday, January 15th, 2007. All maps provide gameplay nearly identical to Counter-Strike 1.6 maps, while offering significant graphical updates and providing higher frame rates than those found in traditional CS:Source maps. The maps will be incorporated into the rotations for the Main and Professional divisions of CEVO Source Season 3.
    To those still running at about 1 frame per second in CS: Source on the highest of high-end machines, this might be right up your alley.

I can't wait to see these maps. Hopefully they're as detailed as mill or fire, cuz otherwise there isn't much point to porting them over to Source.

Comment

It's for their mod... They're trying to port 1.6 to Source essentially. Even going so far as to use 1.6's models.

... Why not stick with 1.6 instead of going with this mod? Good question. Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Edited by [user="353279"] @ [time="1168399970"]

It'll be like what Half-Life: Source is to Half-Life.

It's like "Why play Half-Life: Source when you can play Half-Life 1?"

So, something like that..Not sure if I'm making any sense...

Edit:

Maybe this is better worded:

HL: Source is to Half-Life 1 what,

CS:Pro Mod is to Counter-Strike 1.6.

Comment

kids need to get over 1.6

Comment

Excellent! I've been waiting for something from this mod. "Kids" don't need to get over 1.6 because it's a superior game for competitive play, and with these maps for CS:S, it'll feel more like a "Counter Strike Sequel" if you will.

Comment

A CS sequel would be all new maps, new gameplay mechanics, new or updated guns, etc...

Comment

Exactly. That's also why huge new gameplay changes (balance tweaks aside) shouldn't be put into CS - you can keep the old game and move on with a new one. We have 2 games instead of one giant experiment. Win-win.

My largest disagreements with CSP stem from the use of 1.6 models for players and weapons. That makes no sense to me. Even with better textures they'll look like crap. If anything makes CS:S run like crap, it's certainly not the weapon models, and in a 5v5 (what this mod is MADE for), the player models aren't the cause either (although the quality of original Source player models would probably fit better with the mod anyway).

The maps, on the other hand, don't need the same amount of unnecessary details like Valve has done with, and ruined the playability of, several maps (later ones, not their earlier stuff). I'm looking forward to the relatively pleasing, and extremely playable (which is way more important than shootable bells), maps of CSP.

Comment

KaZ wrote..

kids need to get over 1.6
                  such a blunt respond. and childish.

=====================================

i am very excited about this. definitely can't wait to test them.

Comment

The initial attraction with CS for me was that it required skill. Jumping headshots were hard, ridiculously unfair, but incredibly fun. They were hard to master, which required you to practice. Then of course there was bunny hopping, and mastering bunny hopping was something else fun to work with. You throw all of that in with some kind of strategy and that's how you make an addicting game.

Sorry Valve but what is there to master in Source or even 1.6 anymore besides aiming and shooting? The quickest mouse wins.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

Sorry Valve but what is there to master in Source or even 1.6 anymore besides aiming and shooting? The quickest mouse wins.

Anyway that's just my opinion.
                      In competitive play, strategy.

Comment

Zips wrote..

It's for their mod... They're trying to port 1.6 to Source essentially. Even going so far as to use 1.6's models.

... Why not stick with 1.6 instead of going with this mod? Good question. Your guess is as good as mine.
                        Valve is forcing it by refusing to license 1.6 for tv. Competitive players want to play in the new CGS league, but source is terrible right now for competitive play. People have stuck with 1.6 rather than going with this mod. That's the reason why the mod didn't do anything for 6 months when it became clear the big tournaments were using 1.6. Now with the announcement of the cgs league (with some pretty bad rules, but the money is good) the need for the pro mod is big again.

The whole situation is pretty stupid. I'm betting Valve might not even have refused to license 1.6 at all or at least not strongly. With how bad the CGS rules are I doubt Directv pushed that much for 1.6.

Comment

zips you are the gook!!

source maps... not good because too much stupid pieces on ground and bad places for things. not just fps problems. bad maps totally.

bad game.. who wants this? gpig is win. csp win. throw out cs; sauce on barge until is out on middle of ocean. then go party.

Comment

cl_phys_props_enable 0 ftw.

Comment

Gpig wrote..

Valve is forcing it by refusing to license 1.6 for tv. Competitive players want to play in the new CGS league, but source is terrible right now for competitive play. People have stuck with 1.6 rather than going with this mod. That's the reason why the mod didn't do anything for 6 months when it became clear the big tournaments were using 1.6. Now with the announcement of the cgs league (with some pretty bad rules, but the money is good) the need for the pro mod is big again.
                              Ah, see I didn't know that Valve wasn't allowing for the TV licensing for 1.6. Certainly makes more sense now. That is pretty lame of them to refuse to license it.

Comment

Working...
                              X