Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRIGADIER GENERAL to MAJOR GENERAL !

Hi guys,

I finally received my promotion to BG ! nevertheless though, I did not received an unlock for my very last one. Maybe because of the delay.

Ok, now the other question:

What do you have to do, to receive a promotion to MG, LTG and SUPREME COMMANDER ?

Thx:salute:

Oh great another Major General and Up thread... EA ONLY AWARDS THOSE TO CHEATERS!!! YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!!!

No seriously though, Major General requires 2000 GLOBAL points in 1 week with a 1/1 k/d ratio, but I got way better than that 2 weeks in a row, and did I get a rank? NOOOO.

They award it to those who beat the requirements by the most.

Good luck getting it.

Comment

Well I won't even try I guess, since I have a J-O-B and a L-I-F-E

Comment

only 76 people can have those ranks at once

MG- 50
        LG- 25
        SC- 1

So If you think you can be in the top 76 for a week, go for it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stalker-NSDQ View Post
          Well I won't even try I guess, since I have a J-O-B and a L-I-F-E
          Exactly why you wont get it

Comment

I still feel time played should be taken into account when deciding rankings and awards. You can have a mediocre player promoted as long as he's prepared to stat pad and put the hours in. Oh and remove KP servers from rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by rbevan59 View Post
              only 76 people can have those ranks at once

MG- 50
              LG- 25
              SC- 1

So If you think you can be in the top 76 for a week, go for it lol.
              Man it's sort of gay I think. Why should the regular player be exspelled from the higher ranks ?

Especially the ones like me who put the legal effort in all the way.

If you check the Leaderboards, almost nobody in the top 76 has a rank above BG ! :shock:

Comment

^Yeah. It is retarded. But then the rank system for 2142 as a whole is rather idiotic, imo. The only thing I can say in its favor is that the score requirements in 2142- up to Brig. General- aren't so rediculously high that no one but the most obsessive gamers has a chance in hell of becoming a senior officer. That was a point of major irritation for me in BF2. (I think I made it to Staff Seargent before my interest faded.) Everything else about the 2142 rank system however, is rediculous. Having 40+ ranks is retarded and it's only there because the developers didn't want to seperate unlock requirements from rank requirements. Having the top three ranks available only to those who stat pad the most is also rediculous. There are a ton of awards I know I'll never get because I refuse to play on "freebie" and K&P servers so at the very least all the ranks should be available to all who play for them. (On a related note: What happened to the rank of General? I assume that "Supreme Commander" is more on the order of "General of the Army" AKA: a 5-star so...what the hell?)

Now don't let my bitching decieve you- I still enjoy 2142. I just think the rank system is retarded.

Comment

What do you have to do, to receive a promotion to MG, LTG and SUPREME COMMANDER ?
                  stat pad

Comment

MIB your 100% right, the ranking system is just retarded, i like the Supreme Commander idea but i think the Supreme Commander should be the only decay rank.

The other ranks should all be avaliable on points. E.g. Brig Raised from 57000 Career points to 150,000 or something like that then MG's to 220,000 then LG's at 300,000.

There is FAR too many Brig Generals, the top rank in any game should be a good thing to have but there's so many brig's now that it's not even special anymore.

Better ranks would make people keep interest in the game in my opinion, many people see Ranks as targets.. 57000 career points is nothing to achieve.. 57k points wouldn't even get you 1/4 through bf2.

But what does it matter.. we can moan all we want but the ranks will always stay the same.

Comment

^Very true. To counter point though, regardless of how high the requirements are, with enough time, you are still going to get an ***-load of people who've hit the top. I'm sure by now there are a ton of people with general ranks in BF2. (They were becoming a common sight for me when I quit and that was over a year ago) But yeah, seeing that issue come up in 2142 less than 1 year after the game's release IS way too soon.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind increases in the rank requirements for 2142, (Along with a reduction of ranks) but I still think that what we saw in BF2 is beyond excessive, especially if the most game time one can muster is that of a literal weekend warrior. I've had 2142 since its day of release and I still haven't made Brig General yet. Consequently, 150K for Brig General seems a little excessive to me. Personally, I'd have it closer to an even 100K with a 4 star having a 175K requirement. (Lt. General and Maj. General can be at 125K and 150K respectively.) General of the Army can be held either by top performing players or for an extended period of time (say one or two months?) to anyone who achieves the score or 350K.

Of course, unlocks would have to be based on an entirely independant system if it was done like this...Except for the rank of General of the Army. That rank will come with a tactical nuke unlock that permits one nuke per game. :P I kid!

Comment

So for the average player its probably better to just start a new character and begin again ,when they reach brig gen. Thats sounds about the jist of it lol.

Comment

Statpad.

But be prepared to give a lot of head.

:dead:

Comment

I think these three types of ranks should only go to those with the highest amount of points, or something like that. It'd make more sense IMO.

Comment

In BF2 I stopped playing being a Major. Here, now that I am a BG I guess I will keep working on my awards and such.

Maybe I will fly a whole lot more with my buddy, because I am a long way from starbucks to receive a badge for flying =))

Comment

Working...
                              X