Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!!!!! Omgomgomg I Loooooooove Bf2142 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbevan59;
    Please dont kill me for saying this, but 2142 needs maps with some kinda futuristic fighter jet.
    Resources are tight in the future. Gunships were created to merge the best aspects of both attack helos and jets since they didnt have the resources to build both. At least thats how I rationalize it.

Comment

i installed bf2 for the first time the a few weeks back and enjoyed it for a few rounds but have got fed up with the constant j-10 whor3s flying about and smacktard nade spammers.

i played bf2142 for some time now and its the best pc game ive played to date

Comment

x = 35

Back to topic - Yea this game is great, alot of my original clan i formed have actually stopped playing 2142 but i love it, and until a new game that takes my interest (haven't seen/heard any yet) i will continue playing this.

EDIT

Just seen Vrekki posted the answer as well

Comment

More maps, needs loads more maps.

And maps that are designed by balanced people, not the mind set of the person(s) who created Highway Tampa.

They should also bring the war further South so you have lots of green terrain, that would be extremely cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
            x + 95 = 4x - 10
            =>
            95 + 10 = 4x - x
            =>
            105 = 3x
            =>
            105/3 = x
            =>
            x = 35
            wow thats how i did it, my school algebra has served me well over the years

Yes BF is a great game, its better when you work as a team or in an organized squad.

Comment

I prefer BF2142 over BF2.

So many BF2 rounds were ruined when planes were in, because infantry has no way to counter planes effectively. And planes combat was dominated by the bloody J-10.
              Put a veteran pilot in a fighter (not even need a bomber), and he'll bomb vehicles without prob. Or spam bombs at some key flags where infantry spawn...
              Hell, planes can even shoot people using stingers before stingers could lock on the planes (I've been doing it in planes, and suffering from it when using stingers).

How much I loved to be killed by J-10 in boats just leaving the middle US island on Wakes Island.
              How much I loved to have J-10 taking out every F-35B leaving the carrier protection. Only teamwork could save a F-35B, but in case J-10s were also helping each others, one couldn't do anything but jump out before being killed.

And even without the J-10, you had to get the best pilots of your teams in the planes to gain and keep air control, because planes alone could influence so much the issue of a round that sometimes, and they could only be countered effectively by other planes.

And finally, Helicopters can spam flares. It is way too much difficult to take one down. Even without flares, in almost every case, only one out of the two stingers would hit, for an unknown reason to me.

Good thing we got rid of planes, and have a portable AA weapon. That, alone, makes BF2142 a much better game than BF2, for me.

Comment

I thought this was a sarcasm thread...

Comment

hehe... i suck at math... thank God i came up with 35 =)

jets will never happen. ea knows it created too much of a problem. jets = 4 guys on the server with a 50-3 score, and the rest of us are just targets. i would probably quite this game as i did bf2 if they were added.

if you were a jet whore, of course you want them in this game =) but, if you're like the majority.... you got tired of being insta-nuked and unable to drive any vehicles.

Comment

the gunship is a better replacement imo along with the AA, sure jets were fun but i prefer the balanced gameplay over getting my *** bombd into the ground and my freakin tank showing up on some j10 hud with a sign saying "Bomb me please"

Comment

The current aircraft in BF2142 fills the role of both plane and helo, it's basically a hybrid. Depending on how you fly it determines what it's more like.

What the game really needs is a bomber aircraft.

Comment

I never played BF2 online but had a few games locally on a lan. Loved flying the copters but hated the jets. I hear from people on here how maps like Wake Island were ruined by people whoring jets. Constant unavoidable death raining down from the skies. BF2142 does not need jets!

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                          I never played BF2 online but had a few games locally on a lan. Loved flying the copters but hated the jets. I hear from people on here how maps like Wake Island were ruined by people whoring jets. Constant unavoidable death raining down from the skies. BF2142 does not need jets!

Can you say Titan gun?

The reason why DICE team didn't introduce MANPADS in BF2 is beyond my knowledge. They made SAAW in BF2142 after all. Maybe in BF3, DICE will introduce Areal Air Defense system that automatically shoots down enemy aircrafts above certain height as commander assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Talbot;
                            More maps, needs loads more maps.

And maps that are designed by balanced people, not the mind set of the person(s) who created Highway Tampa.
                            Highway Tampa is unbalanced???? Why??? I love that map no matter what team I play for.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                              Can you say Titan gun?
                              Bah... the titan guns are hardly unbalanced. They can basically only shoot where you've got a line of sight to, are dependant on where the titan is actually located, and the shots surely don't fall with any degree of precision unless the target is practically directly underneath, and a turret can be taken out from 100% health between shots while it recycles.

Weapons to be respected, no doubt, but nothing as whoresome or ridiculous as the J10 situation.

Comment

Nearly all the titan servers have the titans locked down anyways, so they can only cover your main base.

Comment

Working...
                                X