No announcement yet.

problem with connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this too, even though my connection is seemingly good and the servers I play on are close and have good connections, once in a while for a few rounds every like so often i'll get these tiny bursts of lag like you described, "there is a problem with your connection" messages" for like 3 seconds, then it goes back to normal. I normally get around 12-30 ms ping. BF is the only thing that has this problem.

Comment

See if you have any background programs running that eats up your internet connection. I just found out that i had bittorrent running and downloading anime in my background proceses. So keep an eye out to see if your anti-virus or whatever it is is updating or doing something.

Comment

I have narrowed the problem down a bit.
        I cant use any server with 32+ slots. If i do I get connection problem.
        I am clan member and cant play in matches because as soon as the server is reset to start the game it lose my connection and cant join.
        Does anyone know why size matters(if you will forgive the innuendo!)

Comment

I find it's easier to log on to bigger servers with few players, than smaller servers with a lot of players.
          40 players out of 64 slots I'll get on every time; 25 players out of 28 I won't get on at all.
          I always get the message "there is a problem with your connection" at the end of every game, just before the scoreboard loads. Then things are back to normal.
          HOWEVER: if you're having problems joining a new server, add it to your favourites first. I always have problems logging on to a new server, sometimes I can't log on at all after repeated attempts, but I can log on to any available server on my favourite server list first time. It avoids a lot of frustration!

Comment

I got the same problem... Every 3rd second I get the message: There is a problem with your connection... I have just updated Punktbuster, and I am not wireless, but I am still through a router... Do you got any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X