X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with connection

over the last few weeks i keep getting
    "there is a problem with your connection"
    on most srvers. the thing is - there is no problem. I have an 8mbps asdl connection and I am connected to the internet fine. i am able to access anything online but keep getting this message.
    Any ideas what is wrong?

can u connect to the server and play at all?

Comment

I had the same problem a while back when i was wireless. If you are wireless then I would safely say that that's the problem, if you're directly connected I have no idea :|:

Comment

Try unplugging the power cord from your router, wait about a minute and plug it back in. This has helped me on occasion. I was advised by EA that there also have been some server errors lately. Hope this helps.

Comment

i have a wireless router but connect to it by LAN cable as it is only our laptop which needs to be wireless.

i will try rebooting the router when it happens - thanks.

Its strange because I am connected to the game, ie EA master server, and can see the game icons moving when I join the game, but then the message comes up.
          If i try anouther server then i might connect, or try again later and it connects.

Comment

Originally posted by srwporter View Post
            I have an 8mbps asdl connection and I am connected to the internet fine.
            The speed of your internet connection has nothing to do with its quality. Some ISP's are worse than others ie the ping or packet loss.

Usually when one of my mates get that type of message it is due to packet loss. The only way I know how to check for packet loss is to look at them when they are on teamspeak Do you know if you suffer from packet loss?

Comment

theres this free program i use which can tell u whether u hav high packet loss. its called pingplotter, u can try search n dl it.

Comment

Since last saturday I experience "connection with the server is lost" very frequently. I barely finish 1/3 of all rounds that I play. The first lost connection is while attemtping to connect to a server that is not full, the second lost is while playing. My gear and my soft has not changed recently. I play with 1.4 beta patch since his release.

I think the EA official 1.4 beta server have something wrong these days and not me, because when I loose connection, and try to come back, the server don't appears on the multiplayer list. Everyone has been "flushed" and came back later, when the server is listed again.

Comment

I have been getting this alot today. Took a day off work and the weather sucks so thought I would get on the field. Won't connect first time which is a bug that is starting to get on my nerves. Then after say 10 - 15 minutes play 'There is a problem with your connection'. Very annoying

Troop A - Hey look at this my new toy. It's a sentry drone, it fires at enemy troops.
                  Troop B - Better deploy it then cos theres a ****load on their way over
                  Troop A - K. Just need to flick this switch.
                  Troop B - Anytime now would be good.
                  Troop A - Hmmm nice shiny finish on this, let me admire it for a minute.
                  Troop B - You really need to put it down now. Can't you see that enemy squad running at us.
                  Troop A - What's the rush
                  Troop B - Mediiiiiccc
                  Troop A - Mediiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccc

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                    I have been getting this alot today. Took a day off work and the weather sucks so thought I would get on the field. Won't connect first time which is a bug that is starting to get on my nerves. Then after say 10 - 15 minutes play 'There is a problem with your connection'. Very annoying
                    Aggree with you. Very annoying... Hope that final release of 1.4 is coming soon, I will be able to play in servers where I used to play before without this problem in particular. EA official beta servers begin to stick for me :dead:

Comment

this will sound stupid but what internet provider r u with.

I had talk talk but i found tht i had the connection problems tht u hve and yeah i could get onto some servers but i couldent just pick any server from the list. Now im with sky and everything works fine. All i know is tht if u hve talk talk i know wat u mean. it seems tht there internet cant handle it

Comment

I am with Videotron in Canada, and it's the first time I have problems like that. But if all of this continue until next Saturday, I will check if they have stability problems or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanicus View Post
                          I am with Videotron in Canada, and it's the first time I have problems like that. But if all of this continue until next Saturday, I will check if they have stability problems or something like that.
                          I experienced again the "connection loss" last night, and I found that my Punkbuster was in problem (not updated). So I updated it manually from the Punkbuster web site, and I was able to play 3 rounds in 2 different servers without fail. Maybe it's coincidence, but this weekend will tell me...

Comment

I am with talk talk actually so may be it is them - it seems to be worse during peak times IE 4pm - 9pm, so maybe its a bandwidth issue?

I have had packet loss before - best i can fugure is that packet loss is a punkbuster issue. something to do with adware. When i get that i run all my spyware killers; reinstall punkbuster and its usually Ok

i ve been trying for last4 hours on and off but cant get on any server. It will load map the I get the message before I can configure my kit.

ITS A REAL PAIN

Comment

Heya, I've been having the same problem. The thing is it doesn't disconnect me at all. It just pops up with "There is a problem with your connection" flashing on the screen for a split second and a huge lag spike every 30-120 seconds. And the lag spike is a rubberband thing. If i switch a weapon out just BEFORE the spike, I go back to what I was holding right before I switched. I commonly end up 180 degrees around, facing behind me (even when not moving).

Now, I can't aim so well ANYWAY, but the last few days I've been sticking with stealth and knives because I can't kill ANYTHING that moves with this lag like it is.

I am on wireless (Have yet to check if wired has fixed it. Am also checking port forwarding, though I'm not holding my breath) but no other game does this. Multiple MMOs(tabula rasa, Lord of the rings, WOW, Guildwars) and multiple FPS (UT2003, Fear, and CS) and none of them exibit the same rubber banding.

Really frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X