A little piece of advice on teamswitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little piece of advice on teamswitching

Ever since I started caring about my war college ribbon, I have often refused to play for the losing team. I'm not a yellow chicken but that ribbon just don't seem a reality if I don't choose to play for the winning team. Anyway you don't want to play for a team full of noobs while the other full of brigs.
    So let's see, my experience came from official servers since I rarely play in clan server. So unless there's sth clan server can do about it, things that run in official servers should probably run in clan server.

Let's define teamswitch. It means switching from your own team to the other team. You can only do once per spawn. In other word, you can't switch team twice in a row without spawning. If you teamswitch when you're alive, you're considered to have commited suicide and you get -2. You don't if you're dead, after 15 sec critical time.
    With autobalance off : You don't have to care anything, you can always switch team.
    With autobalance on : This's a bit tricky. You can only successfully switch team when your team has more people than the other. Always remember this because this is crucial in whether you be good or not. If your team doesn't have more people, you'll get instantly switched back to your old team and your teamswitching means nothing but a -2 or you waste a chance to switch before you spawn.

Let's look more closely, this should be universally true, i'm not sure if it is in clan server though, people will always be assigned to EU when they join game, unless EU has more people on their team. This simply means a guy can always join PAC from EU, while not being always possible to join EU from PAC.

With autobalance on, people from a team which has more than 1 players than the other team, will get switched. e.g. Now EU has 10 p and PAC has 8, the first EU player to die after 15 sec critical time will get switched to PAC. There're exceptions, which are commanders and squad leader (this has been discussed whether there's server side option on this). Comm and SL in official servers won't get switched.

If you wanna make sure you wanna join EU before joining game, check the number of people in the server by clicking on the buttons to the left of the server name. You'll always join EU when there's even number of players on each side. If you wanna join PAC, easy, you can always switch to PAC because players are automatically assigned to EU.
    Hope you guys make up some tactics from these advice to get your war college ribbon. Good luck.

You can use this to knife someone on your side too.

Comment

Interesting guide plus I've been doing this since I've started my new soilder and He currently have almost 3/1 win/lose ratio
      P.S. Bladeeagle Didn't I see you on the =SOC= server a while ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazee View Post
        Interesting guide plus I've been doing this since I've started my new soilder and He currently have almost 3/1 win/lose ratio
        P.S. Bladeeagle Didn't I see you on the =SOC= server a while ago?
        I highly doubt that. I haven't played since May 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
          I highly doubt that. I haven't played since May 21st.
          Ahh well must have been someone else :hmm: Might have been Blackeagle bladeeagle1 whatever
          Btw how come you havent been playing for a while? BF2142 or patch problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazee View Post
            Ahh well must have been someone else :hmm: Might have been Blackeagle bladeeagle1 whatever
            Btw how come you havent been playing for a while? BF2142 or patch problem?
            I'm taking a vacation.

Comment

I was on a french infantry only server few nights ago, i had some friends with me and we pwned the server owners big time. Each round when the ticket count got down to 20 or so, they turned the autobalance off and switched teams to the winning one. Lame behaviour 4tw.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                I'm taking a vacation.
                Massive away bonus when you come back.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdyman View Post
                  Massive away bonus when you come back.
                  heh i do that now... rank up 2 soldiers at once. when the away bonus on one runs out i use the other soldier, and i play seldom enough to ensure a steady stream of bonuses =D

Comment

dont see the point in teamswitching unless im specificly after someones tags

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
                      dont see the point in teamswitching unless im specificly after someones tags

the idea is to team switch for wins. IMO if you can't win the round fairly then you don't deserve the win. Team switching for wins is stat padding if you want to be technical.

Comment

Originally posted by TrenchDigger View Post
                        the idea is to team switch for wins. IMO if you can't win the round fairly then you don't deserve the win. Team switching for wins is stat padding if you want to be technical.
                        lol i never teamswitch if my team is losing......you have to lose sometimes so why bother?

its actually quite good to be on the losing side sometimes

makes you play better and makes you more determined i think

Comment

correct, i prefer to play on the weaker team.

it sucks to steamroll the enemy without much of a fight.... i'll play the bots if i want do have easy wins.

and yes, it is stat-padding in my eyes to switch just for the win. all those wins are fake imo.

Comment

Someone said in another thread that if you are on a losing team, then switch to a losing team, it still counts as a loss.

Comment

Sometimes I will find just one squad that is filled and no new squads. I will form a new squad, and no one joins. If there are a bunch of lone wolfs it is not much fun. I think next time I will team switch and hope for the best. I like squad play and by team switching at least you might find it on the other side if it is not on your current side. I don't care as much about the win as having fun with your squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X