install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install problem

hi all, i installed 2142 in vista ,next i installed the patch but the install will repeat itself continuously? It will get to 100% then start all over again!!! someone can help me???

Kimiko, please search through the forums, there are already several dozen topics on Vista related problems. NO need to start another post, until you've searched around. Also:

Comment

ive already searched, didn´t find any solution to the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n View Post
        Kimiko, please search through the forums, there are already several dozen topics on Vista related problems. NO need to start another post, until you've searched around. Also:
        http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18264
        you're not much help Revoluti0n... i use XP, not vista, and have this exact same problem. therefore searching for vista problems isn't going to aid him/us in any way as its obviously a problem with the patch!

Ive downloaded the patch from 3 different sources now - including ea's own, and they all act the same way!

For me, when i double click the patch, nothing seems to be happening - until i open up task manager. This shows that there are 2 instances of the patch running and nothing happens until you end one of them.

Then, as kimiko says, the patch gets to 100% overall - then repeats from 0% again!?

Any USEFUL suggestions?
        (annoying, self-absorbed moderators need not apply)

Comment

up...

Comment

the patch is very big so it takes some time to start up the patch process and end too. go out and take a walk or soemthing, at least thats wat i did, and when i came back it was done.

Comment

Have you guys tried to contact EA support? Sure, the first few replies you receive will be canned replies, but they might actually have the information you need. They also have knowledgebase articles that have fixes for common problems:

Can't find what you are looking for? Here is some content on the top issues to help resolve your problem.

Comment

Working...
              X