Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-tunes 7.3.054 will increase your ping

Hi chaps

i installed the new version of i-tunes and as usual went to task manager and disabled processes that i'm not going to need while playing.

printer software, msn chat etc.

and there skulking in the task menu was AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

so i disabled that along with all the other itunes tat.

went online and noticed that my ping was 126 to 140, laggy and not good in general.

i went back into task manager and there was AppleMobileDeviceService.exe :shock:
    the little blighter had re-enabled itself and this time it brought a mate AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe

so i disabled both of them and waited
    after 2 minutes they both re-enabled.

long and short of it is if you have this problem you can go into add/remove programs and remove the apple mobile services prog with out wrecking i-tunes.

i did and my ping is back to a sexy 22 to 30.

have a good weekend

andrew

No problems here, might be iTunes downloading? Dunno, but I don't even got that process with 7.3.0.54

Edit: I got it, still no ping increase/decrease with or without it.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseHouse View Post
      No problems here, might be iTunes downloading? Dunno, but I don't even got that process with 7.3.0.54

Edit: I got it, still no ping increase/decrease with or without it.

cool, it's all i could come up with for my problems and it seemed to do the trick

Comment

This is why you do not put iTunes on your computer. Apple software is terrible!

-builky
        -memory hogs
        -bandwidth hogs
        -CPU hogs

Apple thinks its media player should take half your resources! use WinAmp!!!

Comment

What about my sexy iPod?

Comment

I-Tunes sucks, winamp rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseHouse View Post
              What about my sexy iPod?
              1) WinAmp can transfer music onto any MP3 player. Even your iPod

2) iPods are not sexy

Comment

I'm using a Microsoft Zune. Its like 5x better than an iPod. The sound quality (which is VERY important to me) is much better than an iPod. And it only cost me £100 on eBay (can't be bought in shops over here in England, only on eBay).

The Zune Software is really good. It only starts up when you plug the Zune in (it constantly runs in a low resource sleep mode when its not plugged in. And I can use it to replace WMP, as its exactly the same. Except for there not being the sync capabilities in WMP.

Comment

A true gamer has a maximum of 24 running processes in his windows XP task manager. Itunes or any of it's daemons is certainly not something I would want to have running in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncleadolph View Post
                    I'm using a Microsoft Zune. Its like 5x better than an iPod. The sound quality (which is VERY important to me) is much better than an iPod. And it only cost me £100 on eBay (can't be bought in shops over here in England, only on eBay).

The Zune Software is really good. It only starts up when you plug the Zune in (it constantly runs in a low resource sleep mode when its not plugged in. And I can use it to replace WMP, as its exactly the same. Except for there not being the sync capabilities in WMP.
                    Hmm, I thought the zune zucked, coz microzoft releazed it too zoon.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefoo View Post
                      1) WinAmp can transfer music onto any MP3 player. Even your iPod

2) iPods are not sexy
                      :nod: yup

Comment

but i just love itunes cuz it can recognize the song and then when you have 2 songs from the same artist it automaticly moves then into a folder with the artistes name

Comment

Ipods are the mp3-player equivalent of RL sex.

Comment

Working...
                          X