Betting/Gambling in Cybersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting/Gambling in Cybersports

If this topic has already been discussed previously or inappropriate then I apologize ahead of time.

I am trying to gauge whether there is any interest among the cybersports community (particularly the non-American community, for legal reasons) for participating in organized betting pools (pari mutuel, not fixed odds) for competitive cybersports - this would involve real money. These would cover the more popular games and tournaments.

Legality is obviously a big issue. United States residents would very probably be prohibited from participating for at least the near future (depending on what the legislators decide). Also, I know that XLBet already offers a little fixed odds betting in WC3 and SC2 - I believe their primary focus is on more traditional sports. My focus would be on cybersports.

I have ventured to inquire here because I am somewhat unfamiliar with the competitive scene for cybersports (although I do enjoy watching SC2 tournament shoutcasts). Would any of you be interested in such an opportunity? Relevant comments, opinions, and questions are appreciated.

Re: Betting/Gambling in Cybersports

Not sure you'll find many fans of pro gaming around here...

Comment

Re: Betting/Gambling in Cybersports

Pro gaming is retarded.
      There.
      Said it.

Comment

Working...
      X