The Good ole days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good ole days.

Man its been such a long time ago. Since the BF2 days. Since totalbf2.com How this place was to where it is today. I miss the old days.

Good times

Comment

hello.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Engineerisaac View Post
        Man its been such a long time ago. Since the BF2 days. Since totalbf2.com How this place was to where it is today. I miss the old days.
        Is BF2 really as good as you remember?

Comment

I remember the old days

Originally posted by Poppy View Post

Is BF2 really as good as you remember?
          Yes it was.

Comment

Yeah, BF2 is still pretty great. Bad Company 2 on the other hand... yeesh.

Friend and I went back to Bad Company 2 around the time of BF3/BF4 and yeah, it didn't hold up well. Despite my constant complaints about how poor the spawning system is in the current Battlefield games, it was far worse in Bad Company 2, even when spawning in your team's own spawn area. There was 0 protection.

Honestly, BF5 has quickly risen to one of the better Battlefield games so far.

Also, how is this site where it is today? Lots and lots of database errors.

Comment

• Shawn Zipay
              Shawn Zipay commented
              Editing a comment
              Just saw an "Invalid server response" when trying to post here. Anybody else get this? Might explain a few things...

• Shawn Zipay
              Shawn Zipay commented
              Editing a comment
              Ran into a server error warning when trying to post all of the above. Guessing that's the reason for some of the weird post issues I've seen happening from others. Including the fact that my first comment reply (this is the second) doesn't show up until I post this one as well...

Agreed. Just looking at posting dates on the forum, it's dead. This place used to be great back then.

Comment

Originally posted by proto View Post
              Agreed. Just looking at posting dates on the forum, it's dead. This place used to be great back then.
              Yup.

Can't say I really disagree with you on the forums being rather dead here. Forum sites, in general, unless you cater to some specific niches, are nowhere near what they used to be.

Comment

Some of us just pop out of our coffin occasionally.......

And Bitches still love Smiley Faces.
                "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE View Post
                  Some of us just pop out of our coffin occasionally.......

And Bitches still love Smiley Faces.
                  That reminds me: I need to look into trying to get some of the old smilies uploaded here again.

Comment

• Shawn Zipay
                    Shawn Zipay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, I implemented a couple of small tweaks to maybe make sure the forums don't crap itself when trying to post. There should be some more improvements once we decide to update to the latest latest version of vBulletin when we feel it's stable enough to do so.

• Shawn Zipay
                    Shawn Zipay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Emotes have been fixed.

You can also just use emojis if you want (Win+. in Windows 10) 🎁🎡🎅🤑🤼

I still reminisce about the good ole days from time to time. I actually play BF2 still until I can't kill anyone and then quit and wonder why I ever played it.

Comment

Installed BF2 recently because I intend to put it on my wifes crappy laptop so we can play something together that will let us have catharsis against some stupid bots. It's kinda fun when you play it with mods. AIX is still a ton of fun.

Comment

They were good days, it seems forums are dead now thanks to Reddit and communities on Steam.

I still play, had a good months on BF2 last year... now playing BFV... but long for those old days of mods, PC only and proper content.

Comment

alex!...
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Hullo!

Comment

Working...
                          X