Direct X which is best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct X which is best

I have a Windos vista home basic service pack 1.

Processor intel r core tm2 quad cpu q6600 @ 2.40hz 2.40ghz

64bit operating system

4 gb of ram and a nvidia geforce gtx 280

i can't seem to run css in direct x 10 i asked someone in game and they said it's not possible is that true?

also they told me i should run it in dx9 instead. Now we all no that if you lower the settings it helps alot i put my video options on the lowest setting and i have been playin on direct x 8. I noticed a big difference in performance it's ashame you can get a good cpu and you still have to lower settings but whatever. But i was just wondering with my system specs what is the best direct x to put it under and under launch game options should i put -heapsize 1572864 for 3gb ram. I have 4 but i was told "4GB Settings crash steam "
    If there is a way to run css in direct x 10 please let me no i heard the lauch command was -dxlevel 95 but that doesn't seem to work.
    Please let me no. thx
    Ps i have a gateway monitor that allows 1680 by 1050 what video resolution should i set it to for best performance. Is it the higher the better or lower thx.

Re: Direct X which is best

None of the Source games, new or old, actually make use of DirectX 10 yet. Right now, the highest setting you can use in a Source engine title is -dxlevel 95. It's just DX9 with more of the graphical perks turned on.

DX10 probably won't be in use by any Source engine title for a while to come. So we're stuck with DX9 use right now.

Comment

Working...
    X