Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS:S stress test weird differences (plz leave ur input)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:S stress test weird differences (plz leave ur input)

hi my friend and i have a small difference in our cs source stress tests. ive googled this difference for a very long time and found nothing. its not anything big but we are just very curious y they are different. we know that they arent different because of any file differences bc weve tryed giving each other our gcf's and also tryed completely redownloading through steam. also it has nothing to do with our computers either because we have both tryed changing parts in our comps and also we know its not anything to do with our operating system because we have both tryed reinstalling os's and have installed identical operating systems. so we have done our research and still have come to no conclusion. now the difference........... the difference is on the second spinning block in the beginning of the stress test. not the watery one and not the one with gordon on it. but the one in the middle. on my block its like a pinkish orangish clear watery swirly thing like in this screenshot ([link="http://techreport.com/r.x/source-engine/multiple-effects.jpg"]http://techreport.com/r.x/source-engine...e-effects.jpg[/link]) but in my friends that block has multiple alternating colored squares like square blocks of glass making up that block. i am still waiting on a screenshot from him so that i can show u his also. i will post that link very soon. but we were just wondering if anyone else has noticed this difference between someone elses account and/or if u would just let us know which one u have, the swirly or the blocks, just to see how many people have each one. i know this is not important but it has been bugging me and a bunch of my friends for over a year now since we first noticed this difference. thanks for your time and thx for reading... plz post ur questions/comments/screenshots thx

Differing rendering due to graphics card hardware/drivers?

Comment

negative. we are using the same exact drivers and we have tried swapping out video cards. its soo wierd :S:S:S:S

Comment

I remember the pattern you're describing. It's been gone for a while though, has your friend updated?

Comment

yes he has. he just updated again today to try it again and same thing. couple of my friends have the one and a couple have the other. :S

Comment

Working...
          X