Lets start a petition to bring BF2 to Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets start a petition to bring BF2 to Origin

Having Played every BF except now for BF4, or Hardline because I feel like they are losing track, i want to return to what is, in my opinion, the best Battlefield in the franchise to date. I'm saddened still by the servers going down but would love to see it added into the origin servers so we can jump back on and play again.

Who's with me?
    Last edited by Stryker; 04-07-2015, 04:04 PM.
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

go for it!
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

How would you play if the servers are down?

Comment

Of course I'm with you. But I think the BF2 servers are still working? I'm not sure. I know that the 2142 are down entirely.

Comment

BF2 servers are gone. Right now if you install it there is no way to sign in and therefore no way to play. If Origin, however, had servers for BF2 than we would be able to play. I just wanted to start a petition to see if there was enough interest in it too start something.
          PSN: Xclusiveitalian
          Steam: Stryker
          Origin: Xclusiveitalian
          Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't a petition already! We should totally do that

Comment

There is a movement to bring servers back without Origin.

Just FYI.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

There is this site that keeps BF2 servers alive: http://www.battlelog.co/

Comment

Qtracker runs a gamespy emulation server, supporting a bunch of games that require gamespy.
                  clients and servers will need to change their host file, then you just use the qtracker server browser or in-game browser to find servers and launch your game.

"Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

It sucks. I had such a disapointment when I tried to run qtracker and gametracker and gameranger. All of these alternatives do keep the multiplayer "alive" but not really because they are in no way near "official" and require you to install 3rd party stuff, not to mention that since there are different options they do separate the community and servers availiable. The servers lists are small (or non existant), the pings suck and the hosts are all the time just closing sessions and it just made me so sad
                    I really wish there was something officialy done about Battlefont 2 and Battlefield 2 and 2142.

Edit:
                    Wouldn't it be great if they would just add all previous battlefield games to Battlelog? Make a functioning Veteran status (not like the bugged one from BFBC2), and be able to cycle between all the battlefield games and having stats added to them back again.
                    Last edited by jimykx; 04-11-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I've always been a big fan of qtracker and its filtering options always found the servers I wanted to play on.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Yes but I think that happened for games with official serverlists? I also remember having a good time with it back in the day for other games. But Battlefront's servers are just dead

Comment

guys, it is back ENGINEERISAAC has created a new masterserver system and there are active servers battlelog.co ENJOY and welcome to duty!

Comment

This is cool man, they should do the same for BF2142

Comment

How would you play if the servers are down?

Comment

Working...
                              X