First Day Blues with BF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Blues with BF4

I follow a number of different Battlefield players on twitter and I have to say I am really shocked how some of them are so angry that there are disconnect issues with Battlefield 4.

I wouldn't be as surprised, but some of these people are veteran players and even wrote or Youtubed that there will be Day 1 problems.

I can understand those that have rage issues or no understanding of how these processes work or even never played a Battlefield game on release, but not some of these people.

I get that they paid for a game and a beta was done and all that, but I don't recall any Battlefield game having an easy first week. Usually it takes about two for a few patches, updates, and fixes.

Oh well, we're only human I guess
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

yeah, I thought reddit was bad (actually, its not at all. I've been quite surprised with reddit... It's not all hate-y like it usually is... though a few complaints here and there) but I'm kinda thankful I haven't wandered into the battlelog forums by accident again. Though me not having the game due to poorness may have something to do with that.

Comment

I have had crash issues and lock ups from time to time and I like the game. I know DICE will sort thing out with the issues.

Comment

yep, lots of issues that need to be addressed asap such as frequent game and server crashes, and the sound totally going out. I noticed some badly needed weapon tweaks, something I never even complain about. I'm also scratching my head wondering how on Day 2, people were 1/2 way through the ranks.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
          yep, lots of issues that need to be addressed asap such as frequent game and server crashes, and the sound totally going out. I noticed some badly needed weapon tweaks, something I never even complain about. I'm also scratching my head wondering how on Day 2, people were 1/2 way through the ranks.
          I think the highest rank I have seen is 33.

A lot of people are calling this the worst release of a Battlefield game. I guess a lot of people don't remember or never played 2142

Comment

Most people have not played 2142... (myself included)

Comment

Well let me tell YOU (and anyone else reading) the first MONTH was rough. All kinds of issues, bugs, glitches. You couldnt even play Titan mode because of the lag. It got so bad that DICE temporarily disabled the titans from moving until they sorted it out.

BF4 is having a lot of issues, but nothing close to what 2142 had.

Comment

I played 2142 but I don't remember the the day one issues. Maybe the levolution gimmick has something to do with server crashes. DICE probably didn't do enough testing.

Comment

It seems to me people have a lot less patience or maybe it's just the younger generation who expect everything to be perfect. I remember the issues with 2142 as well and although there were complaints I don't remeber the amount of rage that has been directed towards the devs with this game. People just don't understand the complexities of releasing a PC AAA title nowadays.
                  Battlelog; jeffb7

Comment

Originally posted by BlueAngel7 View Post
                    It seems to me people have a lot less patience or maybe it's just the younger generation who expect everything to be perfect. I remember the issues with 2142 as well and although there were complaints I don't remeber the amount of rage that has been directed towards the devs with this game. People just don't understand the complexities of releasing a PC AAA title nowadays.
                    Exactly. What gets me though is the people I see complaining are normally calm and older people.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration and that we all paid good money for this game, but its GIGABYTES of code and that takes time to find the things causing it and then figuring out how to fix it. Eventually things will iron out and the updates happen on the servers, clients, and behind the scenes and it will be good.

I just dont understand why people are so surprised about it. Its a VERY complicated game doing millions of things at once. Heck, CoD:Ghosts is going to have a lot of issues and they have been making the same game for years now.

Comment

I think most of the people on the Battlelog forums are just jumping on the bash DICE/EA bandwagon because it is the cool thing to do.

Comment

Yeah, the forums are garbage and I hate going there, but DICE listens to them when it comes to making their nerfing decisions.

Comment

That's the sign of a good developer... Listening to the most vocal minority of people for changes that need to be made to your game.

Comment

Working...
                          X