BattlePacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BattlePacks

So I have been looking at BF4 news (big surprise right?) and this nice video was made:

The video mentions BattlePacks and how one version has one and another one gives you three.

Well, that sent a flag up for me and I wanted to look into BattlePacks a little more and googled it.

There is not a lot of information about them. Some believe there is a bronze/silver/gold on them and they will contain one to multiple items to unlock. You will get these BattlePacks as you rank up and you get to select certain things.

or...

You could pay a few dollars for some BattlePacks and unlock some things up front. Now this part is just my thinking and I have nothing official on it being this way, but there was that rumor going around about EA adding some form of micro-transactions.

To me, this isn't a big deal as long as there is a natural way to unlock everything without having to buy something. Hopefully this wont be one of those things where you can unlock your last Battlepack after playing the game for two months straight or pay $5 and be done with it.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Have you ever played the multiplayer component of Mass Effect 3?

It honestly sounds like the exact same deal as that. You earn in-game credits for doing pretty much anything during a round. You earn enough of them over time and you can then buy different tiers of packs. What you don't know is what items you will receive in the packs but they are certainly "ranked" in that you will get slightly "better" items with the more expensive tiers, should you be able to afford them.

Similar to ME3, I also get the feeling that there will be real money shortcuts to buying credits and thus purchasing of those higher tiers before others. It's essentially a different way to unlock stuff that was present in BF3 with those "unlock everything right now" by giving us more money packs that they sold as DLC.

Keep in mind, I'm just guessing here and haven't watched the linked video yet.

Comment

The video doesn't say much else, but another video mentions something like that to Fifa as well.

So I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't correct that its the same method.

Again, I don't think its a bad idea, but I was wonder if anyone else heard more about them and what they thought.

Did it work OK in ME3? I don't have it.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
      X