Battlefield 4- What we know so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4- What we know so far

Right, so we all know about the livestream thread I posted earlier but I think we should get a list of all the things we do know. Anything I have missed please post it, and with a source if possible. Also, if you can find sources other than the reddit thread for some of these, tell me so I can add them/change them.

Fully confirmed (with sources):
    • Voip is back included and integrated in game in a similar manner to BF2, hopefully better in practice 1,2
    • Commander feature has returned, New assets a few new design changes. A tablet version that can join any game for any platform is also going to be available. 1, 2
    • Pistol combat in water, in addition to diving underwater 1
    • Melee is counter-able 1
    • Working elevators 1
    • Certain Large buildings are collapsible when 4 key points are destroyed 1
    • New feature for sniper rifles? 1 oh, ZEROING! 1, 2
    • "Levolution", which is "for the player to have the ability to change landscape in real time with with interactive environments that react to your every move” (Jimykx)
    • Auto-Lean (Far Cry 3 and Red Orchestra 2 like cover system)- Apparently in the Interviews in the livestream (Jimykx) Though would still like a postable source on this, not saying you're wrong though.
    • Battlelog is now across PC's, tablets and smart phones. Also allows a minimap outside of the game, meaning you can have a separate screen/computer/laptop as a full size map while you play the game. 1
    • New Any Faction can be selected on any map, so on Siege of Shanghai, you can have US vs CH, US vs RU, RU vs CH and on all the others. 1, 2

Things we've heard about but don't have a fully verifiable source as of yet:
    • Vehicle disable reworked so that its dependent on where a vehicle gets hit 1. 2 and 3 have been disproven. Point one now ambiguous.
    • Grenade Cooking 1
    • The Working elevators can go to different floors 1
    • Squad assists that are high (around 90) are counted as kills 1, 2
    • Motion Ball sensors are back for recon 1, 2
    • More camo for weapons, and doesn't look like its going to be a random premium-add on this time.
    • Flashbangs, and grenades can be selected in kit selection. Its been reported that weapons in Singleplayer can be seen in multiplayer (CptainCrunch)
    • Battlerecorder speculated due to the presence of the Spectator mode (Jimykx)
    • CommRose navigated by Mouse Cursor 1
    • Commander does not take presence on battlefield, not a physical slot ingame (Jimykx, livestream)
    • "In levolution we see environmental things such as:
      Being able to use elevators; Entire skyscrappers colapsing, not only changing the map but changing flag positions and covering everything up with dust; Being able to blow up fire extinguishers to create a cloud of smoke (visual barrier); You can raise Bollards out of the ground to block vehicles; You can bring down protection gates on certain stores; metal detectors sound off an alarm if you go through them; if you crash against/shoot/step on a car it's alarm will also go off - These were ALL confirmed during the livestream" (Jimykx, Livestream)
    • Standard weapons mostly the same, but with a few changes. First off, PDW's are now only issued to the Engineer class while Carbines are AKW's (all-kit weapon, my term btw) now. Shotguns are still there but the DMR (designated marksman rifle) AKW has been introduced, basically shorter ranged Semi-auto sniper rifles. 1, 2
    • "Suicide" Option changed to "Redeploy" 1, 2
    • From Signa via Battlefield Facebook Page: "Soldier customization is evolving in ‪#‎BF4‬ with Field Upgrades replacing BF3's class specializations."[b]1
    • NewNew Jet, Chinese J-20. Will be seen at gamescon. (via facebook) 1
    • Stats can be transferred from older consoles to the next iterations

I still need help for non-reddit sources, and more info, but here is my list of what we know so far. Will update with more as It goes along.

edit 4: added 2 new points and changed the partial-unverified vehicle damage one

Flashbangs

You can see them in the single player and DICE said the weapons in single player would be in multiplayer. Also, the kit layout shows you can switch grenades in multiplayer.

I hope if they do smoke grenades, they are HUGE smoke plumes like what they did in the last patch in 2142.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      Flashbangs
      Yes, you seem quite happy about that. Still need to find a source (and I've seen screens) but I'll chuck it in the bottom row for now.

Comment

I just bring em up because SOOOOOO many people whined about them not in being in BF3 and now SOOOOOOO many people are whining about the elevators being death traps. No one is talking about the flashbangs.

Comment

Auto lean was confirmed during the stream yesterday (in the first minutes of the interview, possibly at around 16:00 mins). Add spectator mode to the confirmed list too and "battlerecorder" to the "possible" one.

Comment

Also, everyone that purchased Premium has access to the beta.

I dont know if that counts for the list or not, but thought I would mention it.

Comment

Add "Levolution" to the confirmed ones. On the stream he also talks about it. It's related to the different types of destruction and interactivity with the map, where the player can change the gameplay in the map in realtime by interacting with these different points.

Comment

CommRose is now navigated via Mouse cursor

Comment

The recon has a Range finder. Snipers have zoomable sights and a Zeroing option. You can customize pistols. These are all confirmed from today's livestream. The livestream is the only source I have.

And: "Levolution" which is "for the player to have the ability to change landscape in real time with with interactive environments that react to your every move”

There are small medic pacs that you can throw like a grenade - confirmed on the stream

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                    The recon has a Range finder. Snipers have zoomable sights and a Zeroing option. You can customize pistols. These are all confirmed from today's livestream. The livestream is the only source I have.

And: "Levolution" which is "for the player to have the ability to change landscape in real time with with interactive environments that react to your every move”

There are small medic pacs that you can throw like a grenade - confirmed on the stream
                    Already got the first one, will update with the second.

Comment

stickied.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

The commander does not have a physical presence on the map and he also does not take place in the server slots

In levolution we see environmental things such as:
                        Being able to use elevators; Entire skyscrappers colapsing, not only changing the map but changing flag positions and covering everything up with dust; Being able to blow up fire extinguishers to create a cloud of smoke (visual barrier); You can raise Bollards out of the ground to block vehicles; You can bring down protection gates on certain stores; metal detectors sound off an alarm if you go through them; if you crash against/shoot/step on a car it's alarm will also go off - These were ALL confirmed during the livestream (me watching it)

Comment

Hey, I can't edit the thread heading anymore...

but I want to add:

Weapon classes are:

Assault- Rifles
                          Support- LMG's
                          Recon- Sniper rifles
                          Engineer- PDW's/SMG's (!)

But because of this, all kit weapons are:

Carbines
                          DMR's (Designated marksman rifles, like shorter-range semi-auto sniper rifles)
                          Shotguns

Source 1

Source 2

Comment

Suicide changed to "Redeploy"

Not a major one, but suicide has been changed to "Redeploy":

Source 1

Source 2

Comment

I've changed the timeout on edit permissions. You can edit the OP again when you want to.

Comment

Working...
                              X