Reddit livestream thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddit livestream thread.

So there is a reddit livestream thread here.

Okay, so off the bat, some interesting tidbits:
    • Diving underwater, and pistol combat underwater
    • Suppression reworked- I liked the idea of suppression but it did get annoying when they patched it stronger. Now its dependent on weapon- Its nerfed with all weapons apart from Support weapons, and at Close-range its not as apparent. Its got a higher emphasis on longer ranges.
    • Flashbangs are back, as Crunch has been noticed.
    • Special squad leader commrose. Hopefully should be something like BF2's rather than BF3's.
    • They had a commander station here. By looks of things its 8 monitors hooked up to 8 spectated games with a Commander station. That would be a cool feature if they implement it ingame with multi-moniter support. That would be hardcore to the Max.
    • Auto-lean, something seen in Far Cry 3 and some other games, where you hide behind cover and ADS to pop out.
    • edit: How could I forget the big one? Spectator Mode! its made a return! Hooray! (though I never used it in BF2. Huh.)

I'm very impressed so far. It does look like everything they have been trying to reintroduce from BF2.

Other things that weren't in the description comment:

I might update with some more.

Discuss.

I really expect there to be some levels with bodies of water in the middle of them that kind of "forces" some of those crazy under water fights.

The auto lean stuff has also already been in Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, so I'm already used to that. It's a great feature that I'm glad to see in other games, esp. MP focused games. This is assuming though that BF4 utilizes an actual cover mechanic like RO2 or if it's more like just "crouch near a corner and it auto leans depending on the location, etc."

I also noticed the flashbang effect, good to see that there. C4 for recon class. Counter knifing from every angle.

The wrong colors in spectator mode was really annoying, especially when one of the guys they had on kept saying how it was fine and that the people they were spectating were "shooting at friendlies" when they obviously weren't.

Comment

No gameplay of that Auto-lean?

Edit: I'm surprised that I haven't found anyone recording the livestream to record the new knifing animations and all the other new features...

Comment

Also, you need to add to that list VOIP and the Reworked shooting. Crunch mentioned it and it's true, it does seem sharper and less blocked by some movements (such as when you stand up).
        We should have our own "confirmed features" thread

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
          Also, you need to add to that list VOIP and the Reworked shooting. Crunch mentioned it and it's true, it does seem sharper and less blocked by some movements (such as when you stand up).
          We should have our own "confirmed features" thread
          I'm mainly adding new information from the LS thread. Though We can add that to the confirmed feature list that I'm going to add.

Comment

Working...
          X