Battlefield Riverdance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Riverdance

Recorded with MSI Afterburner 2.3.0 @ 95%, full size, 30fps, MJPG compression.
    Encoded on Linux Mint 14 x64 using Kdenlive and Audacity.

my first attempt at using Kdenlive. Still messing with the rendering options.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

I swear everyone has better intros than any of my videos. Amusing video though, maybe up the bitrate a bit? I'm not sure how those programs work that you're using, but when you encode, try for a variable bitrate with a slightly higher lower rate than what you used for this one?

Comment

Ya, I'm still learning all this bitrate / quality / encoding stuff. Maybe someone will chime in that knows some good settings.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Again, not sure what settings are like on your programs but in Premiere Pro, I aim for a two pass VBR encoding at 1280x720p. I encode at 29.97fps because even if your footage is more than that, it won't matter. When YouTube does its own processing, it defaults to 29.97fps no matter what, so you may as well just do it yourself first to lessen the horrible impact their processing will have on your video.

Target bitrate at about 6 to 7Mbps, Max bitrate around 8Mbps. I will adjust the Target bitrate here or there depending. Videos without much fast movement could get away with a slightly lower target but only SLIGHTLY (5.5, perhaps 5.0 is pushing it). If there's a lot of rapid movement in the footage and/or there's a lot of red (red is TERRIBLE when it comes to compression), I will up the target bitrate to 7,8, maybe even 9 if the video is short enough that I can get away with keeping a decent file size for upload. Adjust the max bitrate accordingly (should be about two more than your target).

For 1080p, I think my target bitrate is around a 9. Again, it varies based on the footage, etc. But in general, you'll want it a bit higher than what you use for 720p since compression artifacts will be more noticeable at the higher resolution.

Comment

Working...
        X