Cannot Connect To Multiplayer Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cannot Connect To Multiplayer Servers

That is correct, it will not redownload all of it unless its all broken.

If it is all broken, I might look at the system instead of the game as an issue.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      That is correct, it will not redownload all of it unless its all broken.

If it is all broken, I might look at the system instead of the game as an issue.
      Whoa whoa. It may not be the system either. For all we know, Manzi could be ripping his HDD out of his tower, throwing it against the wall a few times and then plugging it back in. We don't know!

Comment

LOL, yes, that is true. If the entire BF3 is re-downloaded itt could be a failing hard drive causing data corruption or a crazed man throwing pieces of the PC around and trying it again, from misunderstanding the term "reboot".

:wee:
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

it wouldn't be a corrupted game because it connected EVERYTIME on my laptop at my former apartment and now here at my parents house it doesnt, installed on their desktop same issue. so it is happening on 2 separate systems.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            You can also try this:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
            2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
            3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
            4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
            5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
            6. SAVE CHANGE
            This did not work.

Comment

Okay looks like it might be as simple as blocked ports. But the issue is, I try to unblock for example port 443 in my router but it still shows the port being blocked, this leads me to assuming that the ISP is blocking the ports?

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ I went here and scanned the ports needed for BF3

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
              UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
              Only 80 is open.

Comment

What is your ISP?

Port forwarding via the router is a bitch and a half to do. As suggested before, placing your PC into your router's DMZ would say for sure if it's the ports on your router or not.

But in my experience, unblocking ports required me to put in all possible combinations of the numbers they provide, both for incoming and outgoing connections. Save them. Unplug the router, shut down the PC. Let the router sit for 10 minutes or more. Power the router back up, let it connect, then turn the PC back on and hope the settings stuck and the ports are open now.

I've had to restart one or both sometimes multiple times before port forwarding worked properly.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  What is your ISP?

Port forwarding via the router is a bitch and a half to do. As suggested before, placing your PC into your router's DMZ would say for sure if it's the ports on your router or not.

But in my experience, unblocking ports required me to put in all possible combinations of the numbers they provide, both for incoming and outgoing connections. Save them. Unplug the router, shut down the PC. Let the router sit for 10 minutes or more. Power the router back up, let it connect, then turn the PC back on and hope the settings stuck and the ports are open now.

I've had to restart one or both sometimes multiple times before port forwarding worked properly.
                  www.horizonview.net is my ISP here. I'll try the DMZ.

*Edit cannot figure out the DMZ. As I cannot figure out the network ip of my laptop.

Comment

Your router page doesn't have a status screen that lists connected devices?

If not, open up a cmd window (Start > cmd > hit ENTER)

Type in "ipconfig" without the quotes.

It should tell you your network IP there. Something like 192.168.1.36 or whatever.

Comment

for some reason it didnt appear on the connected devices list
                      okay it was point 2 found it via the routers security login log and confirmed via the ipconfig.
                      Put it in the DMZ still doesn't work, same connection error.

Comment

Okay looks like it is the router, just did a direct to modem connection on the desktop PC and it connected right away.

Comment

Weird. Your router have any firewall/security settings you can maybe lower? Or try a different router if possible?

Comment

It only has an enable and disable feature on the routers firewall. disabling it does not help.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKLM
                              Okay looks like it might be as simple as blocked ports. But the issue is, I try to unblock for example port 443 in my router but it still shows the port being blocked, this leads me to assuming that the ISP is blocking the ports?

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ I went here and scanned the ports needed for BF3

Only 80 is open.
                              A bit late, but as far as I can see that website just checks what ports you have running on your own PC.
                              The BF3 specifications seem to be a bit unclear, but I should think a lot of these ports are outgoing, e.g 80 and 443 are http and https, not something you would expect your game client to be listening on, but both are required to talk with the battlelog server.

If you want to see what ports your own system are currently listening on you can type netstat -an | more
                              Other tools like zenmap ( http://nmap.org/zenmap/ ) can scan a remote server for open ports, but that is rarely popular with the server owners.

Comment

Okay today's attempt. I took the Linksys router I was using at my old house (which ran bf3 just fine) and connected it to the internet here. Again the game will not connect via the router but will just fine on the modem. Now this is just confusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X