Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Connect To Multiplayer Servers

Hello everyone,

Just moved back home for a few months and I installed BF3 on the desktop and I am having issues connecting to online multiplayer. Co-Op connects no problem but online multiplayer just will not connect. The only error given is-

Game disconnected: could not join server.

I cannot figure out why it will not connect. The odd thing is I was able to connect to one server last night on a pure whim but nothing since then, I tried today to reconnect to that same server after all the others didn't work and that server also will not work, same error is given.

When I played on my laptop at my apartment it worked fine but will not connect here on this internet connection.

Internet is 1mb wired connection, I pinged and ran a tracert on the ip and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Re: Cannot Connect To Multiplayer Servers

See if your router has uPNP enabled or disabled and reverse it and see how it works.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

that worked! Please let me know where I can send thank you cookies.

Comment

Glad it worked for you!

Comment

hmm well it worked yesterday, now it just isn't working anymore. Checked the router settings it is still set to enabled...

Comment

Honestly, I do not know if these things will help, but try :
            -Updating punkbuster :http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
            -Setting bf3.exe as administrator: Go to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 , right click bf3.exe, go to "properties" , go to "Compatibility" and check "Run as administrator".

I'm not sure how these could help you, but it does not hurt to try. If they don't help at all I'm sure CptainCrunch will be able to tell you something more factual

Comment

What Jimy posted can help.

On setting BF3.exe to admin, when I do that, the game will not load. Some say it works though, so, try it and see how it helps.

AVG could be causing it as well. Some weird issues with the game and its firewall. You might temporarily disable it or add it to the ignore list.

Some people tried this video. I would turn off the sound first as the music is terrible:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This might work as well.
              Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

Do you have a 32bit OS?

Comment

Okay I'll give all of this a try when I get some time today. I am running on 64bit Windows 7 on both the laptop and desktop.

Comment

Updated punkbuster. didnt help. ran as administrator. didnt help. tried doing what the youtube video said. dont have a "sharing" tab. and I have no idea how to uninstall the eithernet drivers

Comment

still cant figure out the issue.

Comment

Did you test turning off AV and firewall features in Windows?

Comment

If Crunch's AV/firewall suggestions don't work, try adding your computer to your router's DMZ on a temporary basis. Add it to DMZ, go through the appropriate steps (unplug router for 10 minutes, plug it back in, restart computer, etc.). Then try to play online.

If it works, then it's something to do with your router's security settings.

If it still doesn't work, that continues to suggest there's some setting or blocking going on from your computer. It may also still be part of the router but it's just a way to eliminate possibilities.

Comment

You can also try this:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
                          2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
                          3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
                          4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
                          5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
                          6. SAVE CHANGE

Comment

you could try a re-install of bf3.

right click on bf3 in origin and "repair install".

(edit: caution, i was told this re-downloads the entire 16gb bf3 from origin)
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                              you could try a re-install of bf3.

right click on bf3 in origin and "repair install".

(edit: caution, i was told this re-downloads the entire 16gb bf3 from origin)
                              I think (at least this SHOULD be the case) that it only redownloads it all if it's all broken. Otherwise, it should just verify that the files you have are correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X