BF3 Premium Service Confimed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Premium Service Confimed

There has been a lot of dancing around the subject, but no actual denial when it comes to the "rumored" Battlefield 3 Premium Service.

We can happily confirm that the Battlefield 3 Premium Content Service is no rumor, and is definitely set to launch on June 4th, 2012, along with the double XP for PC players.

When the "rumor" first started circulating, we had a credible source, which turned out to be right. Now we have multiple sources which are all saying the exact same thing.

The date may be subject to change as of now, since this post has gone live, but remember - it's coming, and with the mix reaction of fans, who knows where it'll take the Battlefield franchise.

Here's some the information regarding Battlefield Premium. Thanks to our good friend 32bita:

Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.

Now that it's confirmed, what are your thoughts?

Sweet

Re: BF3 Premium Service Confimed

I still haven't seen an official confirmation from DICE/EA about this yet. While it will probably happen, I hope they offer up a discount for people who already purchased the first DLC pack.

Comment

Right now they want me to pay for having a black screen between every single map round?

Comment

I'm sorry are you guys mental or are you just reading what you want to read here?

This is a way to pay one price at once for all of the DLC and chances are it will be cheaper to get this than it would be to buy each DLC separately. What exactly is the problem here when it's an optional service you can either pay for or not? It's not as though the DLC is released earlier to those who pay for this, at least not from what I've been reading on this like it is for that CoD ELITE crap.

Comment

it seems I have misinterpreted

Comment

I'm looking at this like it's the same thing as the Rockstar Pass. Rockstar did this for L.A. Noire and now with Max Payne 3. Essentially, you pay just one price for all of the upcoming DLC and you have it the moment it's released without having to pay anything extra. It's a base price and ends up being quite a bit cheaper than if you bought everything separately.

I think Saints Row the Third did this as well.

Now, if they pull some shit where you are actually given early access to the maps, then that may suck. If it's early access only for the weapons then I don't give a crap about that.

Comment

Yeah, nothing is "official". Battlefieldo posted up a rumor. So did other sites. Its funny (in a sad way) reading the Battlelog forums. People are posting up pics of new skins and weapons and they are the old pre-release pictures back about this time last year.

There is no information at all on what would be included in the Premium service IF there was premium service.

They keep asking "who in their right minds would buy this?" As Zips pointed out, if it gives discounts on DLC that I plan to buy anyway, the answer is me. I dont like to waste my money and I knew what BF3 was going to be like after the beta, so buying DLC on the cheap is a good idea.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

To go a little further on this, someone posted this up in another forum:

"Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee."
                -32bita
                So, again, good discount + going to get the DLC anyway = Buy.

Comment

yeah, looking at that through the correct perspective might even make me buy it

Comment

Oh yeah, there is just not enough information. It could be just cause, but until we know more, people are just upset because its something that could be similar to what Activision did, and we cant have that! That's crazy talk.

Even I got a bit caught up in the hype before I realized it was only a rumor with no solid facts.

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec
                      ...indeed....FU THEM....and their "too late regrets" dealing with frustrated PC players...

...am playin' BF2 all the time...so much better...ouf!

...BF3 just a waste of money and time...just stupid console port crap feeling...for kiddies....

...whoever gave the ok at EA for this is a fkg idiot.

...will never buy any BF game again unless they wake up and smell the coffee...
                      I ask again, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE LIKE THAT? It doesn't make you seem right, it makes you seem like an uninformed alarmist douchebag with a broken full stop/period key.

on topic,

I was worried when I heard the rumour too, for a second because I knew it was a rumour, but I thought I heard something like it was a one time fee. Now I know that the rumour mentioned it, I think I can be a bit more confident. unless the rumour turns out to be better than the truth... But you know.

Comment

Hmmm interesting this is, i thought it would resemble CoD Elite, ok i am looking at this is a more positiive way, my money is on standby, going to wait on more info.

Seriosuly though imho it sounds nice, 1 price for all DLC, camo, i like this.

Comment

[QUOTE=WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE LIKE THAT?[/QUOTE]

...just realized my misinterpretation...may buy if dice becomes dice again...duh.

...heheh...please relax young lady....you don't have to yell...having your periods? lol

Comment

Sounds good to me if its true!

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec
                              ...relax young lady....you don't have to yell...having your periods? lol

...sorry admin...just venting frustration at this pos game.
                              WHY DO PEOPLE ASSUME CAPS LOCK IS YELLING? I JUST WOKE UP, I CAN BARELY OPEN MY EYES AND I AIN'T EVEN MAD

Comment

Working...
                              X