Diablo 3 will fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3 will fail

Am I the only person that thinks Diablo 3 will suck? I have searched the internet everywhere and yet not found a single bad review on diablo 3.

First off, I am completely turned off by the fact that you can no longer have 8 people in a room which will basically ruined clan play.
    The fact that pvp became arena style play where you have to depend on another person. What happened to the part where if you do your character right you can basically own everyone in the room in diablo 2 at the same time. You mean I cant express hostility in the middle of a game at some jerk and tell him to meet me outside of town? I have to go into an arena and fight random people I have nothing against?
    And the pay shop? Really? So you mean if you've got no friends and work 24/7 and you can pour all your cash to make you a better player than someone who is actually good but undergeared?

In fact Diablo 3 is basically world of warcraft from a top view's perspective. It has become slow paced, compressed gameplay and lacks diablo 2's qualities.

Re: doablo 3 will fail

In fact Diablo 3 is basically world of warcraft from a top view's perspective. It has become slow paced, compressed gameplay and lacks diablo 2's qualities.

... Want to know how I know you haven't actually played Diablo III?

Comment

8 people was spammy as hell in D2 I don't want to even imagine D3 with 8 people, 4 is enough. Plus it's not like you have more strategic options with 8 people in a game like Diablo.

As for pvp I'm sure you can arrange duels so in the end it will the same.

And for the auction house you can buy items with in-game gold (the gold you find on monsters), the real money thing is for them to earn money instead of chinese farmers and regulate items. Sure some people with too much money will buy items but then what? The game isn't focused on pvp anyway, League of Legends or Dota are.

So no it's not WoW in top view's perspective, even though some things in the gameplay are close because they used their experience of Diablo in WoW (and in term of art design D3 is between D2 and WoW). And it's more fast paced than Diablo 2 ever was.

Comment

Wow, a shocker Redd prefers the game with the 2 in the name.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

So did she make massive threads about why BF3 sucked in her opinion or something? I think I missed them... Though then again maybe because there was lots of Bile thrown around here for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
            ... Want to know how I know you haven't actually played Diablo III?
            Videos are enough to show even a fan boy/girl that it's taken so much from WOW. The movement is slower, the pvp looks exactly like wow arena where you double team one person then after that the other team mate just quits cause he knows it over, because now you can't stand your ground against 7 other players and must depend on a friend and have cool downs just like wow... Caters to people who can't build chars in diablo2.

Originally posted by infernalis
            So no it's not WoW in top view's perspective, even though some things in the gameplay are close because they used their experience of Diablo in WoW (and in term of art design D3 is between D2 and WoW). And it's more fast paced than Diablo 2 ever was.
            Have you ever dueled a sorc in diablo 2? You can't even barely catch up to the screen when chasing after her. In the video it's so slow with cool downs and very limited skills involved... I feel it will even implement wow's paper rock scissors class method trash (perfect example was Starcraft 2, all the units were design to easily beat another unit)

Originally posted by Captncruch
            Wow, a shocker Redd prefers the game with the 2 in the name.
            It may seem that way, but with good reasons... 1st game was design with a simple fun design, the 2nd squel perfects the original by fixing and adding better things to it and 3rd sequel games are always trying too hard to please complainers after a huge hit from part 2 and in the end they end up limiting the game more than expected... in short term, the game loses its roots of just being fun.

Perfect example, great movies like T2 judgment day compare to T3 and 4 trash. Resident Evil 2 had all the right feel to a nightmare survival zombie game and then RE3 and up became super zombie monster maddness evil scientist cult crazy plot story.
            Battlefield 3 tried to be too realistic and overly added so many things not needed i.e. flashlight that is super bright even in the scorching sunny desert and took out fun for realism.

Originally posted by 5t3v0
            So did she make massive threads about why BF3 sucked in her opinion or something? I think I missed them... Though then again maybe because there was lots of Bile thrown around here for a while...
            Actually battlefield3 is okay only... not the best but not the worst as well although could be better.

So in conclusion Diablo3 will be successful but will pretty much lose a few of gamers who actually knows a good game from a bad one besides buying a game just because of its popularity... (Perfect example... COD series, each game that comes out is basically the same but with a few guns and maps but people still swarm it like flies on poo)

Comment

Re: Diablo 3 will fail

So, you're going just by videos instead of listening to people who are actually in the beta...

Like me.

Ok then.

Comment

Re: Diablo 3 will fail

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                So, you're going just by videos instead of listening to people who are actually in the beta...

Like me.

Ok then.
                okay zip, tell me how was pvping in a small box with pillar humping players? How was limiting the game to improve pve? Were the mechanics anything like wow from spells to abilities? Did it keep anything from d2 besides tristram?

Comment

Working...
                X