Any word on DLC's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on DLC's?

I've searched and looked all over for a while now and have found nothing on any upcoming dlc's. Does anybody know if there are gonna be any at all?

Re: Any word on DLC's?

Yeah, of course there will be more.

I'm sure they are working on it now and we will be hearing something in a few weeks. They said they had plans for 3 times the DLC of BC2, and since BC2 only had one DLC expansion (Vietnam), I expect we will see two more DLC packs at least, plus possibly small free content updates. They are probably going on a 3 or 4 month gap between releases. Karkand came out beginning of December so maybe we will get a new one around March.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
      Yeah, of course there will be more.

I'm sure they are working on it now and we will be hearing something in a few weeks. They said they had plans for 3 times the DLC of BC2, and since BC2 only had one DLC expansion (Vietnam), I expect we will see two more DLC packs at least, plus possibly small free content updates. They are probably going on a 3 or 4 month gap between releases. Karkand came out beginning of December so maybe we will get a new one around March.
      yeah, march sounds reasonable. B2K was only hammered into our heads for months before release which is why it sounds like they have stopped doing shit. That and CoD seemed to have pushed the bar for overbearing DLC packs... again.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
        yeah, march sounds reasonable. B2K was only hammered into our heads for months before release which is why it sounds like they have stopped doing shit. That and CoD seemed to have pushed the bar for overbearing DLC packs... again.
        I have to agree 100%

Comment

I got a feeling were gonna see stuff from 1942 or 2142. While I would prefer them to make full games of these two, I just have a feeling BF4 will be modern combat again. They have been hinting at 2143, but not a full game.

It would be beyond amazing if they remade these two as full games, but how else are you gonna beat MODERN WARFARE with anything but....modern warfare(no matter how played out it has become)

I dont put alot of stick in Dice's decision making as of late...

Comment

I'm sure the DLC plans have been castrated a bit, I mean there are only 24,000 people playing this game right now and we haven't even heard a peep about hard evidence on a new one.

I bet we will see a WW2 pack and a 2143 style pack if we are lucky. Who knows, they may just hold those ideas for future full games and give us more maps with the US and Russian army.

I have to think there's something to that 2143 thing people spotted on wake but that seems like a "bigger than DLC" idea to tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
              I'm sure the DLC plans have been castrated a bit, I mean there are only 24,000 people playing this game right now and we haven't even heard a peep about hard evidence on a new one.

I bet we will see a WW2 pack and a 2143 style pack if we are lucky. Who knows, they may just hold those ideas for future full games and give us more maps with the US and Russian army.

I have to think there's something to that 2143 thing people spotted on wake but that seems like a "bigger than DLC" idea to tackle.
              Is that 24,000 people playing in total, or 24,000 playing on PC?

While I like the game we have to remember that we are not the only demographic they are going for. They do give us more care than IW ever has in recent years though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                Is that 24,000 people playing in total, or 24,000 playing on PC?

While I like the game we have to remember that we are not the only demographic they are going for. They do give us more care than IW ever has in recent years though.

24K on the pc last night around 11pm here, granted it was 11 PM but that was the lowest I've seen it get and it only gets lower each and every night. It doesn't bode well when you consider the player counts and any future DLC or extra content, there just wont be enough money in it for EA.

Comment

It's almost 3 PM EST right now, so almost the entire US is still at work or school, and there are 88k PC players, 87k PS3 players, and 77k 360 players. I don't think their player numbers are low at all. The highest I remember seeing them was around 200k during the release week.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                    It's almost 3 PM EST right now, so almost the entire US is still at work or school, and there are 88k PC players, 87k PS3 players, and 77k 360 players. I don't think their player numbers are low at all. The highest I remember seeing them was around 200k during the release week.
                    It's not the total numbers that are an eye opener, it's the massive population swings.....it was at 112K on Sunday at 2pm........3 hours later it was down to 27K..............swings like that just aren't sustainable and point to a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                      24K on the pc last night around 11pm here, granted it was 11 PM but that was the lowest I've seen it get and it only gets lower each and every night. It doesn't bode well when you consider the player counts and any future DLC or extra content, there just wont be enough money in it for EA.
                      Well thats they're fault for making a game that is essentually worse than bc2 and then saying this aint a console game,Ive stopped playing myself and these small maps(arenas)
                      are killing me with repedative non rewarding game play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                        Well thats they're fault for making a game that is essentually worse than bc2 and then saying this aint a console game,Ive stopped playing myself and these small maps(arenas)
                        I feel ya, but it's pretty much this or nothing at this point. I can adjust but sure, I still wish we had a true sequel but I knew that wasn't gonna happen as soon as BFBC2 got released, it was very evident what style of player they were now gearing any future releases toward.

I've found that Oman seems to provides the closest thing to the large "battlefield" game play in this game. We have had pretty good success with the 24/7 Oman server we set up, it's only been up for 10 days and is now ranked #278.

This map provides allot of different arenas for gameplay, you can take the infantry approach and defend the inner city and avoid being harassed by air power or go armor and cruise the outer flags. Defending hotel provides some solid gameplay as well as the overpass and snipers cant resit the sky scraper under construction. Sure the F35 has it's issue's but a well placed SOFLAM and a few stingers can help put a damper on the Russian air superiority. Even without the FOW that the BF2 version had this map has the most gameplay potential of any in the game. Fine tuning Insane balancer and INCREASING the vehicle spawn time by 33% definitely helped with this map as well, very few rape feast rounds and if it does happen you can usually see it all steamed from having half the team on a building or crane sniping and not providing teamplay.

It all boils down to teamplay, without you'll be hard pressed to have a rewarding game regardless of the map, with it you can loose the match and still feel like you had a good game and tip your hat to the better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                          Oh look, yet another post by Rambo where he bitches about BF3 in every way shape and form, while largely speaking out of his ass as to the size of the maps. Oh, he then complains about the "repetitive" gameplay in BF3 yet will go back to playing BC2 and other games in the same genre.

We get it. You hate the game. I'm sorry you're closed-minded about the game but you're really doing nothing more than being a broken record at this point. Every single thread here you feel the need to complain.

And seriously guys? 88K players is low? Even 24K players? Compare those figures to the stats for games on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Those numbers are high compared to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                            Oh look, yet another post by Rambo where he bitches about BF3 in every way shape and form, while largely speaking out of his ass as to the size of the maps. Oh, he then complains about the "repetitive" gameplay in BF3 yet will go back to playing BC2 and other games in the same genre.

We get it. You hate the game. I'm sorry you're closed-minded about the game but you're really doing nothing more than being a broken record at this point. Every single thread here you feel the need to complain.

And seriously guys? 88K players is low? Even 24K players? Compare those figures to the stats for games on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Those numbers are high compared to other games.
                            With over half a million PC copies sold those numbers are still pretty low, that means over 3 times as many players have abandon the game than there are playing it but it isn't so much the player count as it is the player to server ratio.

Yes i know EA nor DICE really have any control over that number but it makes it all that much harder to keep successful servers operating and filled when almost 15% of the entire player population is sitting idle in servers making a futile attempt to fill them or even get enough players for a game.

Comment

Do you have any concept of how game sales work, really? Do you honestly think that for a minute all 500,000 people are going to be playing at any one time? Especially given differences in time zones around the world, work schedules, lives outside of the computer, the fact that people are constantly joining and disconnecting every minute of the day?

Furthermore, did you bother to look at the Steam stats link I provided? Let's see... Skryim sold some 3.4 million units in two days across all platforms, take a conservative estimate that only 10% of those were on PC and that's still 340K units on the PC. Right now there are 51.7K people playing that game, not even the day's peak, and it's still one of the most played games period. Do you get how this works now?

Comment

Working...
                              X