Map loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map loading

why is it that im the only one getting this?(loading..........), ive re-installed and everything.Posting on origin it seems like no one gives a toss but im lucky if it loads a map after joining a game at all.When it happens i have to kill the game often by using task manager,the have to shut down bf and load it again on origin otherwise it just sits there loading forever.

Im tired ,im out of ideas,im sick of dice:banghead:

Re: Map loading

I remember hearing about something like this. I think the problem was a memory leak or something... You tried searching it? Might be a few threads already (assuming that wasn't your first thought)

Comment

cheers stevo

search map loading on battlelog forums and you get a thousand post but no answers or response from dice.The last patch was ment to fix it but it still broken more than ever to me.

Comment

woah... I did see a fix somewhere about increasing virtual memory or something... But it may have been for a different issue... Actually I think it was for a different issue... Well Im unsure. I don't really have this problem.

Not to sound like a dick through optimism... but your first question is answered!

Comment

I also have this loading issue but it is only when changing maps

Comment

Just got this problem today.

Comment

Get an SSD?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                Get an SSD?
                SSD does not help.

I have an SSD and Battlefield 3 is on it. I get the perpetual "Loading" screen on map changes at least once every game session as do the friends I typically play with. I really think it has to do with losing connection to EA/Origin when it tries to sync stats between rounds and just fails to connect.

I've had this happen a LOT more frequently since the last patch which supposedly "fixed" it. I never really had it anywhere near as often before that patch as I have afterwards.

Comment

I think your right Zips, router light still flashes like mad but there actually no data getting thru.

Comment

This is one thing that bugs me about the game. I cant help people troubleshoot the problem. It seems the fix for one person doesnt fix it for others and then you find the fix for the next and that helps another 20%, but not the next guy. Ive never ran into a game where a fix doesnt work across the board before. Yeah, maybe a second fix may be needed, but we are talking 3rd, 4th, 5th fix to fix what seems to be the exact same issue. This game is the first and I think its because of all the different programs (and computers) to make BF3 run. What makes it worse (Good for me, bad for you) is that I dont have these problems. I cant test to see what fixes it.

Many people have fixed this load screen issue by doing these different things:

1. Microsoft .Net fix (Very rare and almost no one knows about it and doesnt always work for everyone)
                    2. Turning off the Windows 7 network features making it XP networking.

3. Changing bcdedit (It says for 32bit but there has been confirmed fixes in 64bit as well.)
                    Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

4. Turning off UPnP in their router and manually adding the ports of BF3 into it. (Some dont add the ports and it seems to work better for them)
                    Sorry no link, its a per router thing and a very last resort.
                    5. Turning off Xfire.
                    6. Restarting your router.

And of course, though you may try every one of these, it may still not work for you.
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Forgot to add to the list:

Antivirus/AntiSpyware/Firewall programs. Disable them to see if the problem goes away. Actually make sure it is disabled and not just gamer mode. People have turned off Windows Firewall and it corrected this issue. Some have Norton 360 or similiar products that have IPS (Intrusion Prevention Service) that will block communications.

People are afraid their going to get hacked by turning this stuff off. Im not saying do it forever, just to see if the problem goes away, then you can work with the program to allow things in and out.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This all reminds me of bc2 when it first came out, everyone could not connect and people were throwing around port numbers to open up.In the end i had about 50 ports numbers because no one actually knew what number or what.In a last ditch effort i would DMZ my router which is dangerous.

cheers crunch..
                        1 Tried the net fix
                        2 Will not turn windows7 off for a game
                        3 Tell me more about this bcedit 64 bit thing(as mine is 64 bit and maybe thats a issue)
                        4. I like PNP but do you havethe exact bf3 port numbers?(not guessing numbers)
                        5. never used xfire
                        6. Always doing that

Added bf3 to windows firewall but i will NOT turn of anti-virus(ms security) to play a game, Im only going to go so far on this and if i cant play i cant play.

Its a shame and your right ,this was ment to be fixed last patch but instead it got worse.

Edit. ** IM going to check its not a spyware program running as i have a few installed

Comment

Working...
                        X