Map Loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Loading

I get this problem in BF3 a lot. At the end of the round when the next map is loading it just hangs on the load screen and nothing happens. I usually have to alt-f4 out and rejoin the server.

is there a fix?
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Re: Map Loading

Go to Control Panel to Programs find Microsoft .Net Framework and click on it. A window comes up and tell it to repair.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I get it every once in a blue moon. Happened once earlier today. I tried rejoining and it said I was disconnected from EA. I have a feeling it's an issue with Battlelog/Origin, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        Go to Control Panel to Programs find Microsoft .Net Framework and click on it. A window comes up and tell it to repair.
        I don't see that in there. all i see is a few "microsoft visual c++" entrys
        "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

He means within"Programs and features", where you do uninstalls. But..

Its a frign HUGE problem, i kept crying about is but it seems no one gives a rats arse but everyone gets this loading ...loading...trolling bullshit.

Ive virtually stopped playing BF now becuase of this and dispointment,, oh and the help of a little foos rah! skyrim game also .

Comment

Same problem here so I tried Crunch's solution but I still have the same ole hang up..........thanks anyway.

Comment

LOL, which .NET (1.1, 4 Client Profile or 4 Extended)

Comment

The one I have is called Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

Any of them that says Microsoft .NET Framework you should do. You may have version 3.

If you dont see this in your list then that might be the issue, but many games require this, so I am sure you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  I get it every once in a blue moon. Happened once earlier today. I tried rejoining and it said I was disconnected from EA. I have a feeling it's an issue with Battlelog/Origin, as usual.
                  I think everyone gets that one now and again. I think the logging server is dropping you that moment. If you have it severe, some have fixed it by disabling "Enable Origin In-Game" in the Origin settings. Some fix it with a router reset. Some, like me, just try again in a minute or two and it works fine.

Comment

a friend of mine gets this quite often, well a few actually and is a bit annoying for them

for me I am lucky because I basically never have this problem, had it once yesterday I believe out of several hours of BF3

my issue with map loading is that since the G3 nerf patch in which they said they were improving map load times they in fact did the opposite and made the load times shit, vanilla maps take years to load whereas the B2k ones load stupidly fast

although thats no longer a problem for me since I bought an SSD wwahahahahahaha

Comment

I also have this issue! remember it crunch? When changing to a different map it just holds on a black screen sometimes saying "loading" or "saving" but stays there. I also end up Alt-F4'ing my way out of it and i still haven't managed to fix it. I also tried fixing and reinstalling the net. framework

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                        I also have this issue! remember it crunch? When changing to a different map it just holds on a black screen sometimes saying "loading" or "saving" but stays there. I also end up Alt-F4'ing my way out of it and i still haven't managed to fix it. I also tried fixing and reinstalling the net. framework
                        Dont even bother jimmy,its the game and EA master servers imo.

No one gives a rats and we all dont live next to a server/exchange box, who stupid EA idea was it to connect to three things to play one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                          Dont even bother jimmy,its the game and EA master servers imo.

No one gives a rats and we all dont live next to a server/exchange box, who stupid EA idea was it to connect to three things to play one game.
                          wrong thread sir. I think you were looking for this thread
                          "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

I really think this has something more to do with graphics drivers, I'm getting it less with the current betas then I was with the WHQL from Nvidia.

Comment

I started playing again after the new year to give my Skyrim addiction a break. I've noticed similar behavior when trying to join a server. It would just sit there forever at "Loading..." so I went digging and found someone on the HardOCP forums say to see if there is BF3 icon in your taskbar, if so, click on it. Sure enough, next time it happened, I clicked the icon when it appeared and it put me straight into game.

Seems related to the "Auto join game when ready" which wasn't there last time I played. Like the map finishes loading, but the little window doesn't update since you're on auto join and the game is opening minimized, so you don't notice that either if you aren't looking for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X