help bf2 vets accept bf3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help bf2 vets accept bf3

The more I think about 2142 the more I want to play it. The game was really fun IMO, titan mode rocked, the maps rocked. A lot of bf's downfalls were uplifted in it. The unlocks in the game were awesome IMO!

Comment

...my gripes are not with bugs...it's with the dumbed down run, kill, die, respawn and repeat ad-nauseum feel of this new bf.

...of course, any intense and deep game will have quirks, flaws and patches...

...am just inquiering on the bf community to enlighten me on what I'm missing as I am trying hard to like this version...

...worst case, I'll just hang around bf2/2142 and forget this sorry piece of software.

...and like the song says...."we don't get fooled again"

...thx peeps and please disregard my frustrating "expressions" at times.

Happy New Year all

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec
        ...it's with the dumbed down run, kill, die, respawn and repeat ad-nauseum feel of this new bf.
        You have just described my first month of playing BF2 after years of BF1942. You cannot play BF3 as BF2. BF2 tactics does not work on BF3 since BF2 ≠ BF3 although it belong to same series. Times have changed so did players and same recipes for a game of this type does not work, and DICE and EA do want to make some money on BF3. So they changed it significantly to attract as much players as they can. First two weeks of BF3 were exactly frustrating as you are describing, but then I realized that game will not change, and I have to change my approach to the game. Since then, I have more success and more enjoyment in playing BF3. Will I ever reach levels of BF2 I dont know. I'm 5-6 years older and that does make difference in this case.

Adapt to new conditions or give it a rest.

oh, yeah, Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
          You have just described my first month of playing BF2 after years of BF1942. You cannot play BF3 as BF2. BF2 tactics does not work on BF3 since BF2 ≠ BF3 although it belong to same series. Times have changed so did players and same recipes for a game of this type does not work, and DICE and EA do want to make some money on BF3. So they changed it significantly to attract as much players as they can. First two weeks of BF3 were exactly frustrating as you are describing, but then I realized that game will not change, and I have to change my approach to the game. Since then, I have more success and more enjoyment in playing BF3. Will I ever reach levels of BF2 I dont know. I'm 5-6 years older and that does make difference in this case.

Adapt to new conditions or give it a rest.

oh, yeah, Happy New Year!
          Very well said. If you try to turn BF3 into BF2, then you will only get frustrated and rage quit. I wish there was a way to do it, but believe that if DICE added ALL the BF2 features into BF3, but left the ranks, weapons, engine, and vehicles alone, I think this post would still be here.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Honestly everytime i see these 'BF3 hate' i sometimes rage qq from my bowser. I love the game for what it is, call me a loyalist because thats what i am. BF3 played very well for me, i loved its gameplay, its scenery, maps and graphics. Honeslty every vehicle i drivve be it land sea or air it feels like BF2, some controls being different, i remeber first flying a Cobra man was it easy TBQH it reminded me of the days i used to play Allied Intent Xtended with my brother, the same flight mechanics, never crashed my bird once! i saw people crashing within the first week of Battlefield but it was becuase of flying with a mouse lmfao.

Anyways too much offtopic. what i wanted to say is BF3 is a great game, and with more patches to come will be better, as will as more DLC content to which i will happily pay for, DICE deserves some respect.

BF loyalist eagle101...out.

Comment

I see a lot of this thread and think "wait, I heard stories about similar reactions from when BF2 was released" (I got into BF2 in 2007... Hell, if it wasn't for it I would probably be a moronic CoD gamer playin' on mah 360 like a Pruh.)

And besides, with regard to rambo, I've noticed a lot of uncharacteristic praise for BF2. I know I got to the forums Late-ish, but Rambo, werent you one of BF2's biggest critics during its heyday? Because of how little it was like... 1942?

Comment

I see a lot of this thread and think "wait, I heard stories about similar reactions from when BF2 was released" (I got into BF2 in 2007... Hell, if it wasn't for it I would probably be a moronic CoD gamer playin' on mah 360 like a Pruh.)

And besides, with regard to rambo, I've noticed a lot of uncharacteristic praise for BF2. I know I got to the forums Late-ish, but Rambo, werent you one of BF2's biggest critics during its heyday? Because of how little it was like... 1942?

Comment

If you were here back then you would know your answer stevo..tho i guess you can assume it.

I might of complained about the lack of navy,uav see thru wall crap and the start of the stat system(enter the hacks) but that was it, in the end there was not alot to complain about becuase bf2 was a true bf game imo(even with my own minor faults).

I dont believe many of you have even played 1942 to judge it or compare its evolution.

But as per thread.

....bf3 is shit
                  .....enough said

(bf3 could be great but it seems console engines dont know what a bf map should be)

(I have only complained about bf3 maps, nothing else ! so please stop thinking of me as some kind of trouble maker)

Comment

Working...
                  X