Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help bf2 vets accept bf3

hi buds,

...am trying my best to adapt to BF3 but am having a hard time...

...been with the series since 1942...

...and all the sequels were exhilirating..better and better...from 1942 to bf2 to bf2142 and the patches...man, was it good!

...but with bf3, it's so f** bland...

...am a PC user.

...need help to find out what I'm missing...

...so many out there are drooling all over about it...

...honestly, wtf is it about this bf for us grown-ups to enjoy...???

...seems it's just for kids.

...sorry for the rant but...my money is as good as anybody's else.

captqbec

Re: help bf2 vets accept bf3

Destroy all expectations of it being a true BF game and just enjoy the game for what it is. I am personally thinking of BF3 as a brand new series. We have the old BF series (1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142), the Bad Company series, and the new series. I think it's pretty obvious they are making BF3 a competitor to CoD, so there is more focus on infantry fighting and less teamwork. If you don't like those kind of games, then I'm sorry to say that your idea of Battlefield is dead. BF3 is the evolution of BF to the current market.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

If BF2 was confusing to you after BF1942 it is the same thing for BF3. Don't expect that you can enjoy hour, after hour, after hour of BF3 as you did with BF2.

Comment

...NO

...BF2142 was instantly well understood.

...BF3 is a POS BF game...freaggin' console port.

...and I cannot get refund from EA.

...damn these capitalist pigs!

captqbec

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec
          ...NO

captqbec
          No offence but why the hell do you write like that all the time?

Comment

I think its for dramatic effect.

Comment

BF2142 was addon to BF2. Like Desert Combat was to BF1942.

Comment

Originally posted by _X_
                BF2142 was addon to BF2. Like Desert Combat was to BF1942.
                I disagree

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                  I disagree
                  As do i, though the game engine remained the same it was certanly not an "add on" by any means, 2142 is a seperate game in its own right. As for bf3 it has taken me a while to Accept it it was only really after i got my hands on wake island in the B2K DLC that i truley can say the game is good and i like to, its not excellent like bf2 and 2142 was though.

On another note 2143 is rumored to be in the works, allot of people are fearing that 2142 is going to be like bf3, as did i but i have come to relise that really for 2143 to be a sequle to 2142 it can't! though dice better have a freakin titan mode in there OR ELSE! i still don't understand why people don't play more of 2142, yes the graphics are a bit dated but the gameplay is still well and truly there! and tbh that what i seek/look for in games now, it used to be all abount the graphics for me but nha.... i soon relsied that with bf3 gameplay is every thing rather than graphics, which bf3 has in abundance but the gameplay in bf3 is not as good as that of 2142 though u can get used to it and enjoy it all the same.

- Anton2k HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

...NO

Opinions.

captqbec
                    You bought a product, it met legal expectations, believe it or not games are not suited to YOUR criteria. This does not make them capitalist (but a business is...derp).

Could we employ some common sense next time we come out with these "claims".

Comment

Originally posted by anton2k
                      i still don't understand why people don't play more of 2142, yes the graphics are a bit dated but the gameplay is still well and truly there!
                      I think 2142's problem was its proximity to the BF2 release. This was a time when PC multiplayer games were very long term, so I think people weren't ready to adopt another game just a year out that was (in their eyes) too similar.

Though I wish I gave 2142 a proper shot. Even though Im not that into Future games, the concept later on became interesting and I too want to know what happens next in that (hopeful) saga.

Comment

BF2 is still there is you want to play it, still as great as it will always be. BF3 is a pretty good game, and of-course a big disappointment to those of us expecting BF3 and not BC3 but from the insanely inferior console ports coming of these days, perhaps we got off lucky on this one. BF3 as a game is pretty good, especially if you find the right servers. It helps when you play with friends, but I play with randoms and have a pretty good time to, despite the fact I can't talk to them. Improvements, such as the text box being moved is a sign to me that at-least Dice is listening and fixing the game so perhaps not all is lost. I'm not as into BF3 as I was the other games, but it's still very fun. One thing that gets me though coming from BF2 is the ranks in BF3 are awfully done, soon if not already half the team are colonels. It almost feels like you were meant to rank up fast because...who knows...BF4 next year?
                        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                        Steam: Stryker
                        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

BF3 is a good game it's only like two month old, you so called BF2 vets probably think BF2 didn't even need patches. All you vets remember are the good times and forget about all the BS that went along with bf2. I must have played a different bf2 then most of you.

I will agree with the maps and flag placement. They made bad moves on that part. Caspian border could have been a much bigger map with better flag placement. there is just so much unused space on the map.

move on from BF2 or stay. Not all bf are going to be your favorite. get over it. Dice is just not catering to bf2 fanboy, not every one wants the same bs over and over

Comment

It must have the TItan mode. In my opinion it is the best multiplayer mode till today.

Comment

Was that the same Titan mod that was made to work as it should after years of patching? Same goes for BF2. BF2, on launch, was one of the bugiest games I have ever player, and I'm playing computer games since 1984. CTD term was invented because of BF2. Problems that occurred on BF2 were the same ones present on BF2142. Same engine, same physics, with few new vehicles and weapons. BF2142 was add-on. Sold as separate game, but still, add-on placed in future timeframe.

Comment

Working...
                              X