Assignments...another fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignments...another fail

Has anyone seen these assignments yet? I was excited to try them out because they sounded like a great idea. It is a great idea, but the implementation is terrible.

What I was expecting was class specific, teamwork-focused challenges that you have to complete. But really, we are getting the opposite, and some of the challenges are just dumb and poorly thought out.

I thought the first assault one was fine. Get 10 revives and 10 heals. Easy, but that's the type of challenge I was expecting. But then the second assault assignment: 10 grenade launcher kills, 5 SQDM wins, and 100 assault rifle kills. I see the assault rifle kills, but 5 SQDM wins? IMO this is just a method for DICE to get people to play the disliked gamemodes. And after playing it for a few hours grinding to get some wins, I understand completely. My favorite part is that the squad spawning doesn't work in a squad-based gamemode.

And then the engineer ones. 10 repairs...fine. 1 repair tool kill? Well, ok, not too hard. But then going onto the second assignment. Destroy a vehicle with a repair tool? Get 50 AT kills? And win 5 rounds of conquest? Outside of the AT kills, none of those have anything to do with being an engineer or teamwork. And the 50 AT kills would be much better as a 50 vehicle destroys or something similar.

The only assignment group that I think makes remote sense is the support one. 20 LMG kills and 2 mortar kills. Then 100 LMG kills, 50 suppression assists, and 50 resupplies. These are the challenges that I was expecting. Teamwork based functions that are related to the class. But no, we have dumb things like destroy a vehicle with a repair tool. Once again, terrible implementation.

/rant
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: Assignments...another fail

i don't even know how to access the assignments. they show up for like 3 seconds after a round ends and it's gone before i can figure out what the hell they are....

Comment

Check your stats page in battlelog and it will have an assignments tab

Comment

Yep I agree, most of them aren't good at all but they're not too long. The worst for me will be destroying a vehicle with a repair tool and winning 5 SDM, I hate SDM, must have played 10 rounds max in BC2 in 400hours.

Comment

It's just a different colored carrot to dangle.......there are people that wouldn't even play this game if it weren't for some carrot being dangled in front of their face.

TDM never used to be my cup of tea until we put up a server for the sake of not watching it sit empty. It's an entirely different game when your playing with people on teamspeak and communicating and most importantly.....join a squad and take advantage of squad perks, It's downright shocking the amount of people who specifically play TDM mode then dont join squads, they are just throwing away perks and an ingame advantage.

If any one needs their TDM requirements feel free to hop in our server, the country limiter is off right now, we do turn it on around peak times though to ward off the 300+ pingers........the ping force fields were getting old.

Comment

I am not playing that god awful squad DM game mode, a friend of mine lasted a few mins trying before he literally quit because it was so awful

it was bad in bc2, its bad in bf3, its only there to appease cod players of which I am not

will wait until they change it

Comment

On the bright side, its getting some of these COD players to learn how to be a medic. I hate being surrounded by a half a dozen assault, and support and not a one drops ammo, health, or revives.

Comment

Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

US SQDM server, only take 2 kills to wins a round.

Comment

A lot of these assignments are easy to do on Metro

50 suppression kills? Took me one round of 1000 ticket metro spraying my extended mag LMG. Killed my accuracy though.

50 spot bonuses? Sat at the bottom of the staircase on the right with the MAV and spotted all the Americans while my teammates spammed grenades.

50 AT kills and 20 GL kills? No explanation needed

5 conquest wins? Play Russian side while doing all the other assignments.

10 M-COM arms? Join an empty 1 player start Metro server. Other maps work too.

10 revives, 10 heals, and 50 resupplies? Takes about 2 minutes.

Comment

I like the idea behind it, but I agree that some of the things shouldnt have been that way. Spamming RPGs for kills? Really? Couldnt disable 50 vehicles? Had to be kills. Force people to play specific game modes when the motto has been "play it your way."?

Again, like the idea, but the execution was a bit spotty.
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The Metro idea was a great one. Just go on a busy server and spam rockets and LMGs and before you know it you have your assignments.

Comment

And I imagine the other 63 players are doing the game thing

Comment

I believe the assignments have been added to delight the cod base. I hate the assignments, but i do them for the weapons

Comment

I like them overall. It made me work on the sniper rifles a bit better and I was able to sharpen my skills a bit because of it.

Speaking of the sniper one, if you have the MAV, you should use that for the spot assist. Youll get it in no time.

Comment

Oh yea i completely forgot about using the MAV for that!

Comment

Working...
                              X