No announcement yet.

Did they really do this to the IRNV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did they really do this to the IRNV?

That video shows how it should be used. IMO you shouldn't be able to bring up a IRNV scope immediately and be able to perfectly discern every enemy. I've never fired a gun with one of the scopes on it but I'm assuming your eyes time some time to adjust to it as compared to a red dot sight.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

My opinion was that the easiest fix was to just make it extremely sensitive to light. Therefore it would barely work in outside bright areas and be perfect for the maps and tunnels of Metro and Tehran. Now it looks completely useless.

Comment

Looks like it will be useless.
        They should conside make it a stand-alone gadget that is not mounted on a weapon. That way you could still use it to scan for campers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          They should conside make it a stand-alone gadget that is not mounted on a weapon. That way you could still use it to scan for campers.

my thoughts exactly, it should be like it was in BF2 special forces, that worked and balanced perfectly, no complaints about that system were ever made.

Comment

I don't see that being of as much use when there is 3D spotting.

Comment

they should just remove it. or make it only availible on tehran and metro (my most hated maps) the thing is a wallhack that should be removed.

Comment

Grr, you know, I love the IRNV, not because it makes kills simple...but sadly, because I have a *mild* colorblindness and it helps bring me on an even footing with other people that no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  Yes...I'll vote for that!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                    Grr, you know, I love the IRNV, not because it makes kills simple...but sadly, because I have a *mild* colorblindness and it helps bring me on an even footing with other people that no problems at all.
                    Truth
                    Colorblindness can really screw with you. I guess it's back to the old way of doing things, trying really hard to see haha

Comment

They added colorlind features.

Also, the IRNV isnt that bad. I used it like I have been and did well with it. I feel it takes a little too long to register the pattern and it should be tweeked up just a little bit. Otherwise, I think its fine.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        They added colorlind features.

Also, the IRNV isnt that bad. I used it like I have been and did well with it. I feel it takes a little too long to register the pattern and it should be tweeked up just a little bit. Otherwise, I think its fine.
                        They did, was it with the latest patch? If it was before this patch I am going to kick myself. I am checking patch notes now.

Comment

Originally posted by bombebomb
                          They did, was it with the latest patch? If it was before this patch I am going to kick myself. I am checking patch notes now.
                          Color blind mode isnt much but a few drop shadows on txt and the neon toned down a bit.......I dont see this really helping anyone suffering from colorblindness much but then again you know if it did truly did help people 99% of the players would be using it simply for an ingame advantage, they are already exploiting it.............

Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

Comment

Yeah, the last patch. Go to OPTIONS then to VIDEO and select COLOR BLIND SUPPORT.
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                              Color blind mode isnt much but a few drop shadows on txt and the neon toned down a bit.......I dont see this really helping anyone suffering from colorblindness much but then again you know if it did truly did help people 99% of the players would be using it simply for an ingame advantage, they are already exploiting it.............

Battlelog is a free social platform that ties into Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more from your web browser!

Looks fine to me. The two major common forms of color-blindness red-green and blue-yellow/green (like a limish color). Lot's of people where having problem discerning squad mates from enemies and regular teammates, and this seems to fix it by making the squad colors more of a full yellow and desaturating the blue and the red.

And that's not really "exploiting" it. So what...they turn on the color-blindness mode so they can read text easier? Isn't that what it's there for? Can't everyone turn the option on if they are having trouble reading the text? I played with color-blind mode on in BC2 and I never felt as if I had a competitive advantage. It just made things easier for me to read, reducing eye strain.

Comment

Working...
                              X